Gov. Christie - time to join Mayor Bloomberg as an "I"?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Gov. Christie - time to join Mayor Bloomberg as an "I"?

How long can he stand the republican party?  

How long can they stand him?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Re: Gov. Christie - time to join Mayor Bloomberg as an

The GOP has a choice; evolve or die.  The party needs to have a big open tent and embrace what is most important for the country's future.  IMHO it should be a strong fiscal plan, smaller federal govt, and get out of the social morality silliness.  If that offends some of the conservative base; so be it they can split off and become the Dems version of the inconsequential green party.  There are more centrists; blue dog Dems, Reagan Democrats, Rino's and Independents who could easily embrace a restructured GOP then there are closed minded conservatives.

Listening to WRKO this morning the new morning guy Jeff Kuhner who sounds like Bill Swerski from the super-fan SNL skit , was on a rampage concerning Scott Brown and how he sold out the conservatives and raised taxes.  He proceeded get a few nuts to call in who no longer support Brown; well they got Warren and that's better? I just don't understand "principled conservatives" as they would rather bite their nose to spite their face and end up with Warren vs. Brown.  Brown's sin is that he compromises and makes sure that government works, for god sakes that is what leaders do, that is what Reagan did.

The callers were convinced that Brown's vote on the fiscal cliff raised their taxes.  But the reality is that the temporary tax cuts expired and that the Senate deal was the best deal they could get to protect 99% from an income tax increase, yes I know the pay roll tax holiday went away but that too was temporary.  Barbara Anderson from Citizens for Limited Taxation called in to tell Kuhner "Swerski" that he was off base and that he didn't get it.  Swerski then talked over her, potted her audio down and claimed victory.

So the real question is? Can Christie and a number of young bulls in the GOP save the party or should they cross over and reinvent the Dems?  Something needs to happen because both parties are off the rails and the GOP is a wreck.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

Moderate and other Northeast republicans are finding out what Log Cabin Republicans, women, minorities and the poor and middle class have found out about the modern republican party. They don't like you.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

In response to TFefio's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I dismissed Christie as just another big phony wind bag with tuff talk and in your face bravado. In the end he's just another politician with his back end up in the air waiting to get shlonged for whatever money he can grab.

As for the noisey cranks down in the tri-state still whining about hurricane sandy, after the CT shooting of kids they look pretty petty and greedy. Kind a puts things in perspective for me. I wish now the money I donated to the Red Cross went to the families of the murdered children. 

[/QUOTE]

Hard to call people who's lives have been turned upside down noisey cranks and whiners; as response to major regional disasters is the reponsibility of the federal government.  Gov Christie is representing the interests of his state; which is what he should be doing.

The horror of Newtown's Sandy Hook school is a completely separate issue and horrific event, but it still doesn't diminish what has happened to hundreds of thousand of people who's lives and livelyhoods have been turned upside down by Sandy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

"The republicans need to have a big open tent".  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

They can't even stand each other and they want to invite others in.  Right. 

The republican party can't seem to do anything but whine.  They aren't even capable of doing nothing anymore.  But it's not even all republicans - it's the house republicans.  Who would have thought that Mitch McConell would represent to the reasonable wing of the republican party.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

But it is also in the feed with the EIB network letting in a number of callers, and Murdoch&Ailes's morning coffee clatch, saying the same thing -- that Gov. Christie maybe ought to be minding his Ps and Qs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"The republicans need to have a big open tent".  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

They can't even stand each other and they want to invite others in.  Right. 

The republican party can't seem to do anything but whine.  They aren't even capable of doing nothing anymore.  But it's not even all republicans - it's the house republicans.  Who would have thought that Mitch McConell would represent to the reasonable wing of the republican party.

[/QUOTE]

How funny will it be when McConnell gets replaced by Ashley Judd?

http://www.politico.com/story/2012/12/ashley-judd-exploring-senate-run-84542.html

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

In response to Firewind's comment:
    [QUOTE]

But it is also in the feed with the EIB network letting in a number of callers, and Murdoch&Ailes's morning coffee clatch, saying the same thing -- that Gov. Christie ought to be minding his Ps and Qs.

[/QUOTE]

Right - Christie should turn his back on the residents of New Jersey in order to placate the republican leadership.  Because that's what Christie is all about - shirking his responsibility in order to be politically correct (the right wingie definition).

That pretty much sums up the entire Republican Party:  Party first - country last.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

My, but how times change.

Just a few months ago this guy was the party savior, a possible VP candidate and a sure thing for the nom in 2016.

Now, he's just another librul like every republican elected before 2006.

The GOP brand is like Chernobyl - toxic and uninhabitable.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

The contributions of some here seem to be in the tradition of Speaker Hastert's famous question after Katrina:

"Why is New Orleans?" 

Which he said several times to the approbation of some, before he was compelled to apologize.  Any bets as to whether Gov. Christie or another speaker will apologize after the House passes the bill?

(Though Rep. King has kissed and made up for sticking up for his constituency.)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

Wait, to be fair, just about everybody in the GOP at one point was gonna be the candidate or VP. Even Donald Trump and some guy who owned a pizza chain.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

In response to BilltheKat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wait, to be fair, just about everybody in the GOP at one point was gonna be the candidate or VP. Even Donald Trump and some guy who owned a pizza chain.

[/QUOTE]

Then we got them all rolled into one.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

I suggest that if Gov. Christie still has the presidential aspiration, he will do what it takes to stay republican and please The Republican Establishment - the money - and apologize in some form.  What happens now will be long past in 2016, or next week, as long as he doesn't take himself out by spitting into the wind.  More likely, they'll both apologize.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I suggest that Gov. Christie will do what is right for his Constituency, which are the people of New Jersey and not the National Republican Party.

The same people whining about pols not doing the right thing in order to get politcal gain are bemoaing Christie doing the right thing regardless of the political fall out.

Typical republican attitude.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen...especially if the GOP continues down it's path. Someone I follow on twitter retweeted a Michelle Bachman tweet in which she stated that the first bill she's going to introduce was a bill to repeal obamacare. Not a jobs bill..not an economic bill...nope..a bill to repeal Obamacare. Sadly..I fear we can expect more of the same "getting nothing done" and "rehashing the past again" attitude we've come to expect from the House majority.

Besides...Chistie is widely popular both among republicans and independents...so if anyone could pull it off..he could.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to TFefio's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I dismissed Christie as just another big phony wind bag with tuff talk and in your face bravado. In the end he's just another politician with his back end up in the air waiting to get shlonged for whatever money he can grab.

As for the noisey cranks down in the tri-state still whining about hurricane sandy, after the CT shooting of kids they look pretty petty and greedy. Kind a puts things in perspective for me. I wish now the money I donated to the Red Cross went to the families of the murdered children. 

[/QUOTE]

Shame on you !

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to Firewind's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BilltheKat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Then we got them all rolled into one.

[/QUOTE]

It's just not fair that you moonbats have Biden all to yourselves.  He is the queen of VP choices for sure, completely unbeatable.

Didn't he tell a newly elected female senator to spread her legs and prepare to be frisked today?

"Almost immediately after taking her oath of office on Thursday, incoming Sen. Heidi Heitkamp (D-N.D.) became the latest victim of a Joe Biden gaffe.

While posing for a picture with the vice president, he told her: “Spread your legs, you’re going to be frisked.” Biden appeared to be responding to one of the photographers who asked them to drop their hands to the sides."

You just can't compete with that.