Government Shutdown virtually unavoidable at this point

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Government Shutdown virtually unavoidable at this point

It's beginning to look more and more like at least a partial government shutdown will begin this Tuesday. The partisanship in DC is so bad at this point that an agreement seems doubtful. If this happens it will be the first time since 1995 that the goverment has shut down. 40 percent of federal workers will be furloughed. This means approximately 600 thousand people will not be earning a paycheck. The most shameful result of this will be the active duty military will not receive their paychecks.

Congressional staffers will also be furloughed, national parks and museums will be shut down. The cost to our economy will be more damaging than Obamacare.

It's a dangerous game the Congress is playing..and one I hope beyond hope people remember on election day.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Government Shutdown virtually unavoidable at this point

In response to miscricket's comment:

It's beginning to look more and more like at least a partial government shutdown will begin this Tuesday. The partisanship in DC is so bad at this point that an agreement seems doubtful. If this happens it will be the first time since 1995 that the goverment has shut down. 40 percent of federal workers will be furloughed. This means approximately 600 thousand people will not be earning a paycheck. The most shameful result of this will be the active duty military will not receive their paychecks.

Congressional staffers will also be furloughed, national parks and museums will be shut down. The cost to our economy will be more damaging than Obamacare.

It's a dangerous game the Congress is playing..and one I hope beyond hope people remember on election day.

Congress may be catching all the heat, but the way the "BIG O" has conducted his regime over the last 5 + years boarders on treason, and nobody calls him on it ???  The "TRANSFORMING" of America to a 3rd world Country !!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I think it might have been Calvin Coolidge who said something to the effect that if the Federal government were to disappear tomorrow, the general run of people wouldn't even notice.

That's probably less true now that the government has become a gigantic union teat at which people who produce absolutely nothing may suckle to their hearts' content with no fear of ever having to justify their positions.

But I don't really care about any of that.

What amuses me is just one more aspect of the "Don't do as I do, do as I say" administration we've got here. Few will like to remembeer that Mr. Sortero himself, as a junior senator from someplace near Gary, Indiana, voted against his predecessor's attempts to do exactly the same thing he wants to do now. But when it was Mr. Sortero's turn to ask for yet another blank check, anyone who dared disagree with him was labeled a "hostage-taker in Congress" and accused of "putting party athead of country."

And -- surprise, surprise -- here we are again with all the usual suspects open-mouthed and on their knees before the Hypocrite-in-Chief.

All of this might be funny (or at least ironic) if it weren't so precidtably pathetic.

Now you listen here! He's not the Messiah . . .   he's a very naughty boy!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

mscricket:  All that has to happen to prevent  the government shut down is for Obama to recognize that congress has the power of the purse, not him.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.