Great Moments in Privatization of Government Functions

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Re: Great Moments in Privatization of Government Functions

In response to skeeter20's comment:

In response to andiejen's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

skeeter,

Seriously, history is full of examples where the government did not do and/or would not do a very good job at the task at hand and private enterprise was a better way to go. You are right there.

However, in the case of health insurance private enterprise alone was not working. Not even close. It was beyond time for change.

And for the GOP to continue to vote to repeal this law rather then to work with it does not really work for me either.

Ah, dodging.  I made the case, won the argument, now you are moving off point.

Health insurance in this country was already not private enterprise, as @50% of all health care was provided by the government in one form or another.

Plus, government regulations hopelessly hampered the private market.

But, despite this, 85% of the people liked it just the way it was.

This law should be repealed, it isn't working.  But, I do agree the Republicans will be made to pay, by the press in particular.  what the republicans don't understand is that the press is a wholy owned subsidiary of the democrat party, and will do their lying an manipulating to keep power...er, I mean Obamacare.

there is still time to join the side of freedom loving conservatives.  Come on.  There is one seat left on the bus.

skeeter,

Before Obamacare there were 2 types of people....those with health insurance and those without.

Those with were not necessarily happy with their insurance nor with the country's health insurance industry.

Even more problematic were those without any coverage whatsoever.

What do you say to those millions of people without health insurance if you get what you want? 

[/QUOTE]

Evidently 85% ofthose with insurance were happy with it prior to OBamacare.

Those without coverage have the emergency room.

What I say to those millions without health insurance, is this:  Anythign worth having requires work, so, stop wearing your hat backwards, covering your body with tatoos, and get a job.

[/QUOTE]

The only problem with ER is it's more costly and those who do have insurance pay for those people who don't have insurance who use the ER. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

skeeter,

Seriously, history is full of examples where the government did not do and/or would not do a very good job at the task at hand and private enterprise was a better way to go. You are right there.

However, in the case of health insurance private enterprise alone was not working. Not even close. It was beyond time for change.

And for the GOP to continue to vote to repeal this law rather then to work with it does not really work for me either.

Health insurance in this country was already not private enterprise, as @50% of all health care was provided by the government in one form or another.

This law should be repealed, it isn't working.  But, I do agree the Republicans will be made to pay, by the press in particular.  what the republicans don't understand is that the press is a wholy owned subsidiary of the democrat party, and will do their lying an manipulating to keep power...er, I mean Obamacare.

there is still time to join the side of freedom loving conservatives.  Come on.  There is one seat left on the bus.

skeeter,

Before Obamacare there were 2 types of people....those with health insurance and those without.

Those with were not necessarily happy with their insurance nor with the country's health insurance industry.

That's a bit of a generalization. I've never had an issue with my insurance coverage. Don't personally know anyone who's had issue with their insurer. The only stories you hear about are the negative ones. Houndreds of millions of people are covered through insurance in this country. The way people like you talk about the "big bad" insurers there whould be hundreds of millions of negative stories. There should be hundreds of millions of claims being denied...again according to some people who act like insurers never cover anything. Yet that ain't the case. 

What do you say to those millions of people without health insurance if you get what you want? 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The biggest complaints and horror stories come from government owned health care - the VA.

2 million claims in backlog. Disgraceful.

That is what we are headed for. Obamacare is just step 1. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to Hansoribrother's comment:

[QUOTE]

skeeter, 

Starting next week, millions of Americans will be able to enroll in new, affordable insurance plans, with coverage effective as early as Jan. 1. All insurance plans will have to cover doctor visits, hospitalizations, maternity care, emergency room care, and prescription drugs. You can find a plan that fits your budget and get financial help paying for premiums if you need it. You may also get help with cost-sharing, such as deductibles and co-payments. And insurance plans can't refuse to cover you if you have a pre-existing condition. 

For millions of Americans, this day could not come soon enough.

Obamacare may not be perfect...yet...but it is a damn sight better then what we had.

This year millions of American workers got a 25% pay cut because of Obamacare. No doubt they are delirious with joy to make such a contribution to the ruling class you so much adore.

[/QUOTE]

Hansoribrother,

Where did you get your statistic that this year millions of American workers got a 25% pay cut because of Obamacare?

I have no idea where you are going with your ruling class comment. Most people comment that Obamacare helps the have nots...not the haves.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

skeeter,

skeeter,

[/QUOTE]

What I say to those millions without health insurance, is this:  Anythign worth having requires work, so, stop wearing your hat backwards, covering your body with tatoos, and get a job.

[/QUOTE]

The only problem with ER is it's more costly and those who do have insurance pay for those people who don't have insurance who use the ER. 

[/QUOTE]

If it's not an emergency (triage), send 'em packing.

Crikey, I don't know why people confuse being round heels with layabouts with helping people in need.  Seperate the two, and the truly needy will be helped without destroying our healthcare system.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

In response to Hansoribrother's comment:

[QUOTE]

The biggest complaints and horror stories come from government owned health care - the VA.

2 million claims in backlog. Disgraceful.

That is what we are headed for. Obamacare is just step 1. 

Hey dipstick, if you're going to make wild accusations at least get your lies in order.

No one is being denied care or services at any VA.

The backlog is for soldiers filing claims for compensation related to service-connected injuries.

It has nothing to do with the healthcare system.

Everyone, regardless of the status of their monetary claim is still getting the best care in the country at their VA hospitals.

Now go find some other echo chamber baloney to focus your misguided screams at because this one is making you look dumb.

[/QUOTE]

ACC,

You can add this to his unsupported claim above that millions of Americans took a 25% paycut this year because of Obamacare.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

skeeter,

skeeter,

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Crikey, I don't know why people confuse being round heels with layabouts with helping people in need.  Seperate the two, and the truly needy will be helped without destroying our healthcare system.

[/QUOTE]

Send them packing? Can you say LAWSUIT? You do realize we live in a litigation happy country right? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

skeeter,

skeeter,

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Send them packing? Can you say LAWSUIT? You do realize we live in a litigation happy country right? 

[/QUOTE]

That, my friend, is part of the problem.

A society that cannot pull together, agree to a certain set of rules of operation, is bound to fail.

If you are not willing (vs. not capable) to do your part in a society, then you need to go. No sympathy for the lazy and misdirected, which strangely all seem to be liberal.  Huh.  Go figure.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

if government is so good shouldn't communism be highly effective???

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[/QUOTE]

A society that cannot pull together, agree to a certain set of rules of operation, is bound to fail.

If you are not willing (vs. not capable) to do your part in a society, then you need to go.

Go where? You want to kick these people out of the country?

No sympathy for the lazy and misdirected, which strangely all seem to be liberal.  Huh.  Go figure.

That's a load of bull. There are plenty of conservatives who are lazy and misdirected

[/QUOTE]

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

If you are not willing (vs. not capable) to do your part in a society, then you need to go.

Go where? You want to kick these people out of the country?

No sympathy for the lazy and misdirected, which strangely all seem to be liberal.  Huh.  Go figure.

That's a load of bull. There are plenty of conservatives who are lazy and misdirected

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Go where:  Somewhere more to their liking.  Look, if you are unwilling to be a productive member of society, and you have the means to do so, take a hike.  I don't care where, just not here.  It might be tough love, but, come on.  If you don't want to be part of the solution, take a hike. Seriously.  France is calling.

Lazyness: I have yet to meet a lazy, unproductive conservative.  Misdirected?  Yes, there are some.

It is incongruent with being a conservative to be lazy in the societal sense.  With liberalism, it is what makes you shine.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[/QUOTE]

Go where:  Somewhere more to their liking.  Look, if you are unwilling to be a productive member of society, and you have the means to do so, take a hike.  I don't care where, just not here.  It might be tough love, but, come on.  If you don't want to be part of the solution, take a hike. Seriously.  France is calling.

Either this is a free country or it isn't. I don't like lazy unproductive people either but unfortunately that is one of the things you get with a free country. People are free to be productive members of society just as much as people are free to be lazy unproductive members.

Lazyness: I have yet to meet a lazy, unproductive conservative.  Misdirected?  Yes, there are some.

You obviously don't get out much. So let me guess...the people who are on welfare in the red states just so happen to be the liberals that live in those states? There are no conservatives on welfare in the conservative states? 

It is incongruent with being a conservative to be lazy in the societal sense.  With liberalism, it is what makes you shine.

[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Wrong again, but there are more than enough lazy, grubbing conservatives out there to rival liberals for slackerdom.

Just like there are plenty of conservatives soaking the govt for every cent they can.

That you (and CLC) don't admit it is another one of your rhetorical blind spots.

I've come to expect it from you guys, whom I refer to as "conservatives of convenience"...willing to cozy up to the perceived minority because you feel repressed and have difficulties expressing yourself openly.  There's been a surge of them in the past few years, so you're not alone.  

A real conservative would understand and embrace the societal need for as many people as possible to be effective stewards of their own health care...not to be given handouts, but to be given the tools they need to succeed...

...tools they just don't have, because fakers like you think brushing them off is the same thing.

16. This post has been removed.