Growing number of medical professionals say Pedophilia is a sexual orientation?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Growing number of medical professionals say Pedophilia is a sexual orientation?

Can't make this up!

http://www.good.is/posts/is-pedophilia-a-sexual-orientation-a-psychologist-breaks-down-what-makes-a-jerry-sandusky/

Dr. Vernon Quinsey, professor emeritus in the department of psychology at Queen's University, testified before Canada's parliament in February that pedophilia should be considered a sexual orientation. Though you may think he's crazy, Quinsey is not alone. A growing number of medical professionals share his view, and they think it may help society finally fashion a worthwhile response to people who prey on children.

Thats disturbing!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Re: Growing number of medical professionals say Pedophilia is a sexual orientation?

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2013/01/many-experts-now-view-pedophilia-as-a-sexual-orientation-google-hangout.html

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Re: Growing number of medical professionals say Pedophilia is a sexual orientation?

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

Well, in a sense, it is. Just a disgusting perverted one that simply cannot be tolerated.

That's the same attitude people had of homosexuality a few decades ago.

I do not comparing the two in substance but, in toleration over time.

Just like world renowned scientist at one time thought the world was flat!

The problem with ALL people is that so much of what we know is likely incorrect!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

That's the same attitude people had of homosexuality a few decades ago

I would stay clear of even leaving open the possibility of suggesting that they are alike. 

If you want some clear objective differences:

- The child cannot consent

- Molestation and rape cause lifelong severe injury. 

Two consenting homosexuals is nothing like a pedophile violating a child. That people might ahve thought and might still think they are comparable says a lot about the people doing that type of thinking.

Dont get wadded; I said "not comparing in substance, just in tolerance over time". I do not believe in political correctness I do believe in reading comprehension. If, someone missreads that then it is their problem not mine.

So if pedophilia is a sexual orientation; what do we do with them since if true, and they are deemed a pedophile they cannot be released on the public right?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In response to NO MO O's comment:

Just the next step in the Democratic deviate chain.

After that.. sex with animals, corpses... Bwarney Fwank... who knows.

Country has lost its sense of morality.

The country has lost only YOUR sense of morality.  We are better for it.  Bigotry is not morality.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

If you want some clear objective differences:

- Homosexuality has been discovered in just about all animal species, and in rates comparable to humans. To the best of my knowledge, pedophilia hasn't.

Really? A lot of other species will have sex with their young or kill them, which is why the female of alot of species is the protector for the young for varing time frames.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

I'm not a farmer nor a dog owner.

I've never seen a dog having sex with a puppy, though.

The real question is, if there is adult-child sex in the animal kingdom, is it something all the animals of a certain type are liable to do? Or is it restricted to a small percentage of that animal's population?

[/QUOTE]

Did we come from apes?

Bonobos (monkeys) - each individual regularly mates with all members of its group, regardless of age or sex. This is a form of social bonding for them, helping them resolve conflicts without the need for violence. It is obviously not done for reproduction, since they mate with individuals of the same sex and those too young to breed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

bump

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

So if pedophilia is a sexual orientation; what do we do with them since if true, and they are deemed a pedophile they cannot be released on the public right?

Well you pretty much have your wish. Experts evaluate them.

After they've served their criminal sentence, Massachusetts lets prosecutors demand they be committed civilly, potentially for the rest of their lives. Or release with restrictions. Etc.

The serious cases are often in for life.

So they "demand" that we "pretty much" and "potentially" protect children!  gotcha

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:

If the grounds for justifying homosexuality is genetic...

aren't they setting the stage for "acceptance" on the same grounds.

Gotta be honest mate.  Fck justification and just accept.  Thats what I do.

Kinda like being married ? or having kids... or working... or death.

Just another part of life.  You can do all the things you describe and it causes me no harm at all.  Just like being gay.  Get it?

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Did we come from apes?
    Are we still apes?

If pedophilic behavior (ie, adults having sex with toddlers-prepubsecent/etc - really young kids) is common among other animals, but is a very rare in humans, then it would seem it dropped out for evolutionary or social reasons.

I tend to go with evolutionary because of the universal disgust instinctively felt by everyone for pedophiles.

Very rare?? It's not rare, it happens a lot (pandemic) that we hear about and most we never hear about!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

I do sir. I really do.

It makes wonder whether homosexuality aceptance.. then children......

Nothing is static. Is there some line of morality and do we each get to draw it while society looks the other way.

If so, surely there is a price to pay for society, morality and a nation.

Wasn't this way in the olden days....

There is definitely a morality question about having sex with children who are defenseless and/or not yet at the age of reason to fully permit such an act.  Even teenagers are subject to statutory laws in most states/societies.

But there is NO morality question that I can see about two adult people of the same gender having a consensual relationship, much less a person favoring one gender over the other.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

it happens a lot

The number of people who are pedophiles is what is "very rare", ya damned twit.

The number of incidents is far greater because each pedophile, by the very nature of how they perpetrate their crime, can commit a ton of discrete acts before they are caught.

[QUOTE]

So some people who are sexually attracted to children are somehow excused?

Please define when it is ok for a person to be sexually attracted to children!!

BTW when I say pandemic of pedophiles; I am not talking about a 18 and a 17 year old. Im talking about adults over 18 being sexual predators for children under 15!