Gun Appreciation Day: Sponsored by White Supremecists, fringe lunatics, and conspiracy theorists!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Re: Gun Appreciation Day: Sponsored by White Supremecists, fringe lunatics, and conspiracy theorists!

In response to MattyScornD's comment:
    [quote]

Oops...bobin sez SPLC is "not a credible source".  Sorry.  Normally, I would agree.

So which one refers to ms-13 and the amish pretzel mafia...? 

NBP and NoI don't carry guns though, per the last 'kill whitey' meetings I went to.  

Ooops again!! 

[/QUOTE]

MS-13 has been so heavily targetted by the DEA im not sure their numbers are growing.

Yea the NBP/Nation Of Islam dont have guns lol

I dont see any white extremist walking around with AR-15's either so, they must not have them.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Re: Gun Appreciation Day: Sponsored by White Supremecists, fringe lunatics, and conspiracy theorists!

In response to tvoter's comment:

[quote]

Oops...bobin sez SPLC is "not a credible source".  Sorry.  Normally, I would agree.

So which one refers to ms-13 and the amish pretzel mafia...? 

NBP and NoI don't carry guns though, per the last 'kill whitey' meetings I went to.  

Ooops again!! 

MS-13 has been so heavily targetted by the DEA im not sure their numbers are growing.

Yea the NBP/Nation Of Islam dont have guns lol

I dont see any white extremist walking around with AR-15's either so, they must not have them.

[/QUOTE]

Aww c'mon...just making a joke.  They didn't let me in their meetings.

Everybody knows the NBP can scare whitey just by opening the door for them.

But if you have to impinge the Nation of Islam, you have to do it for all religions.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

But if you have to impinge the Nation of Islam, you have to do it for all religions. 

[/QUOTE]

Everybody knows the NBP can scare whitey just by opening the door for them. pretty bigotted remark for someone who claims to be for equal treatment regardless of race.

I only know of 2 religious groups that adamantly blame jews, infidels and thinks they should be exterminated or seperated from true Muslims.

Radical islam and the NOI/NBP

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

Everybody knows the NBP can scare whitey just by opening the door for them. pretty bigotted remark for someone who claims to be for equal treatment regardless of race.

I only know of 2 religious groups that adamantly blame jews, infidels and thinks they should be exterminated or seperated from true Muslims.

[/QUOTE]

You should hang at the pubs I hang at. Everyone takes a hit. 

and they can buy guns.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to DamainAllen's comment:

Yeah, no one should be afraid of people armed to the teeth who think the rapture is upon us, that a world government is imminent, that Obama is a manchurian candidate seeking to destroy the country, or institute martial law, or start rounding up people for his death camps, and all are ready to start shooting to quell their fears. 

You want to talk about mental health as a driver for gun violence?  Well here you go.  

You read and believe too much internet "news"! lol

Talk about mentally unstable lol

[QUOTE]

These are the things the websites for these various groups say, not me, not the news.  These are their words and the causes they beleive in. 

Key word "websites" A single person can create a website and say whatever he/she wants and have as many followers as he/she wants to claim they have.

Actually, there was a recent study done by West Point Military Academy that said the same thing:

Violent right-wing radical groups are on the rise in America, and they're armed to the gills.

Look it up.

Uh-huh.

and returning military from Iraq were forming militias.  Just ask Janet Napolitano.

and, what did we get instead? Occupy Wall Street people who raped, did drugs, destroyed public and private property, and planned to blow up bridges.

funny how she missed that.

funny how Obama and his minions are trying to make you afraid of the very people and things that protect you.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Actually, there was a recent study done by West Point Military Academy that said the same thing:

Violent right-wing radical groups are on the rise in America, and they're armed to the gills. 

Look it up. 

[QUOTE]

Did you know violent black seperatists groups, violent MS-13 and violent Amish Mafia groups are also on the rise??

geez!

[QUOTE] 

Amish Mafia?  You frequently take the feed directly, add a couple of exclamation points or question marks, and deliver it to us without vetting.  Is this from The Onion?  If so, it would take the loyal opposition's reach for equivalency to - not an exaggeration - the absurd.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2013/01/how-many-people-got-shot-gun-appreciation-day-rallies/61192

only a few shot. Not bad

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to UserName99's comment:

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2013/01/how-many-people-got-shot-gun-appreciation-day-rallies/61192

only a few shot. Not bad

Considering the source (the Atlantic) , I'll wait to see if these three accidential shootings actually pan out.

But, if true jus goes to show that some people do not know how to handle firearms properly.  That is hard to contest.

How many children shot intentionally in say, Chicago, on the same day?  Maybe 20? 

Try focusing on ther real problem.  It will be helpful to everyone

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

Howdy folks!

For those not in the know tomorrow Jan 19th has been disginated Gun Appreciation Day!  (http://gunappreciationday.com ) Organizers of the event have asked that people go gun stores, gun counters, gun shows, and gun ranges to protest the Obama administration's "post Sandy Hook assault on gun rights" in support of the effort. 

Among the listing of sponsors including many local and regional shops, websites, Tea Party affiliates, and PACS is a curious entryl American Third Position. 

A3P's mission statement from its own website:

"The American Third Position Party believes that government policy in the United States discriminates against white Americans, the majority population, and that white Americans need their own political party to fight this discrimination."

The group also states that it "exists to represent the unique political interests of white Americans. It exists to maintain the identity, culture, and way of life of the American people, whose forefathers, from a vast wilderness, carved out an awe-inspiring extension of Western civilization, in order that their progeny--us--might live in relative peace and prosperity."

Wow!

But some of the other “sponsors” listed on the event’s website appear motivated in part by the kind of outlandish and paranoid ideas often found among right-wing extremist groups.

One, the Social Security Institute, describes itself as a “nonpartisan seniors advocacy organization.” But its website offers warnings about “world government” which fears that a government gun grab could lead to a U.N. takeover, often referred to in extremist circles as a “New World Order.” And SSI’s president, Lawrence Hunter, wrote recently that “[a] heavily armed citizenry is not about armed revolt; it is about defending oneself against armed government oppression.”

Larry Ward, Gun Appreciation Day’s chief organizer, is listed as a member of SSI’s board, and as the group’s “director of new media.” The website for his company, Political Media, displays SSI’s site as an example of its work. Ward describes himself in his bio on SSI’s site as a protégé of GOP political consultant Dick Morris. Morris himself said last year on Fox News that he feared Obama would try to make the U.S. “a vassal state to a globalist entity.”

Ward popped up at an anti-NRA protest last month, telling demonstrators and reporters that the Newtown, Conn. shootings could have been stopped if teachers were armed, according to a Washington Post report.

Another listed sponsor of Gun Appreciation Day, RightMarch.com, urges supporters to “help STOP Barack Obama from grabbing unconstitutional powers to declare martial law through all of his new Presidential Executive Orders.”  The notion that the federal government will confiscate guns as a precursor to a declaration of martial law is a feature of numerous far-right conspiracy theories.

And a post on the website of Conbustible.com, also listed as a sponsor of the event, describes public schools as “progressive indoctrination camps,” and complains that “the givers (sic) shove the producers out of the way as they waddle to the trough for some more free lunch.”

Another post on the site, which is affiliated with the Ron Paul movement, promotes the theory of nullification—that the 10th Amendment of the Constitution lets states “nullify” federal laws they don’t like. The idea, which has little backing among constitutional scholars, is a favorite of Tea Party activists opposed to healthcare reform and other Obama-administration measures, and has been embraced by neo-Confederate hate groups, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center, which tracks extremism.

I don't think it has ever been a secret that the GOP is racist.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Yes, that's why they passed civil rights laws over the objections of a gaggle of democrats.

You're not very well read, are you.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

Yes, that's why they passed civil rights laws over the objections of a gaggle of democrats.

You're not very well read, are you.

That "gaggle of Democrats" included Strom Thurmond and many other racists who spent many years as republicans.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V57lotnKGF8

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

only a few shot. Not bad

Considering the source (the Atlantic) , I'll wait to see if these three accidential shootings actually pan out.

But, if true jus goes to show that some people do not know how to handle firearms properly.  That is hard to contest.

How many children shot intentionally in say, Chicago, on the same day?  Maybe 20? 

How about CNN?  5 shootings. 

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/19/us/north-carolina-gun-show-shooting/index.html

Ya gotta love Darwin.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

only a few shot. Not bad

How about CNN?  5 shootings. 

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/19/us/north-carolina-gun-show-shooting/index.html

Ya gotta love Darwin.

Is Darwin in play in Chicago, where @ twenty children are shot every weekend?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Tim McVeigh.

Can't we just designate Idaho as a place where anything goes and let all of the crazies go there?  And Texas.  They can be like that area in Pakistan where the tribes rules - I mean Texas and Idaho are down that path anyways, kind of an American Taliban.  Religious fundamentalist.  Ignorant.  Armed to the teeth.  Hate the Government.  Beleive in myths.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

In response to jmel's comment:

In response to BilltheKat's comment:

You should hang at the pubs I hang at. Everyone takes a hit. 

and they can buy guns.....

Then why the heck do you "hang" there?

[/QUOTE]

Because I find human nature fascinating. To hear what these knuckledraggers have to say about the "monkey in charge" amuses me to no end. And when they enevitably lose, it's even more interesting. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In response to NO MO O's comment:

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

In response to NO MO O's comment:

One would think a "patriot" group is a good thing.

Shouldn't you be paying attention to the teacher?

Rubie taught me...

That is impossible.  My students are uniformly more intelligent and tolerant than you.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

Five people shot accidentally at these rallies.  Conservative logic indicates we need even more guns!  You need to defend yourself against such accidents! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

In response to Reubenhop's comment:

Five people shot accidentally at these rallies.  Conservative logic indicates we need even more guns!  You need to defend yourself against such accidents! 

Surprise, surprise...none of the 5 people shot accidentally were at a "Gun Appreciation rally". It is a compilation of a few random recent gun accidents nationwide....

Many have been shot and killed deliberately  in a location with strict gun control,  Chicago,  by violent thugs who ignore the law. Liberal logic indicates we need more gun control.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:

Tim McVeigh.

Can't we just designate Idaho as a place where anything goes and let all of the crazies go there?  And Texas.  They can be like that area in Pakistan where the tribes rules - I mean Texas and Idaho are down that path anyways, kind of an American Taliban.  Religious fundamentalist.  Ignorant.  Armed to the teeth.  Hate the Government.  Beleive in myths.

In the few minutes time it took for the snotty Mass. moonbat to insult Texans, 500 hardworking self reliant Mass residents packed up,  took the Pike West and left for a good private sector job...in Texas.  .....At the same time, 500 Auntie Zenuitis are driving East on the Pike, looking for the freebies and ready to vote Democrat. The future looks real bright for Mass, doesnt it?

Southern states accounted for more than one half of the nation's population growth between 2011 and 2000, despite having little more than one third of the population. Moreover, the South was the recipient of 95% of the inter-regional net domestic migration (people moving from one state to another).

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to AlleyCatBruin's comment:

Howdy folks!

For those not in the know tomorrow Jan 19th has been disginated Gun Appreciation Day!  (http://gunappreciationday.com ) Organizers of the event have asked that people go gun stores, gun counters, gun shows, and gun ranges to protest the Obama administration's "post Sandy Hook assault on gun rights" in support of the effort. 

Among the listing of sponsors including many local and regional shops, websites, Tea Party affiliates, and PACS is a curious entryl American Third Position. 

A3P's mission statement from its own website:

"The American Third Position Party believes that government policy in the United States discriminates against white Americans, the majority population, and that white Americans need their own political party to fight this discrimination."

The group also states that it "exists to represent the unique political interests of white Americans. It exists to maintain the identity, culture, and way of life of the American people, whose forefathers, from a vast wilderness, carved out an awe-inspiring extension of Western civilization, in order that their progeny--us--might live in relative peace and prosperity."

Wow!

But some of the other “sponsors” listed on the event’s website appear motivated in part by the kind of outlandish and paranoid ideas often found among right-wing extremist groups.

One, the Social Security Institute, describes itself as a “nonpartisan seniors advocacy organization.” But its website offers warnings about “world government” which fears that a government gun grab could lead to a U.N. takeover, often referred to in extremist circles as a “New World Order.” And SSI’s president, Lawrence Hunter, wrote recently that “[a] heavily armed citizenry is not about armed revolt; it is about defending oneself against armed government oppression.”

Larry Ward, Gun Appreciation Day’s chief organizer, is listed as a member of SSI’s board, and as the group’s “director of new media.” The website for his company, Political Media, displays SSI’s site as an example of its work. Ward describes himself in his bio on SSI’s site as a protégé of GOP political consultant Dick Morris. Morris himself said last year on Fox News that he feared Obama would try to make the U.S. “a vassal state to a globalist entity.”

Ward popped up at an anti-NRA protest last month, telling demonstrators and reporters that the Newtown, Conn. shootings could have been stopped if teachers were armed, according to a Washington Post report.

Another listed sponsor of Gun Appreciation Day, RightMarch.com, urges supporters to “help STOP Barack Obama from grabbing unconstitutional powers to declare martial law through all of his new Presidential Executive Orders.”  The notion that the federal government will confiscate guns as a precursor to a declaration of martial law is a feature of numerous far-right conspiracy theories.

And a post on the website of Conbustible.com, also listed as a sponsor of the event, describes public schools as “progressive indoctrination camps,” and complains that “the givers (sic) shove the producers out of the way as they waddle to the trough for some more free lunch.”

Another post on the site, which is affiliated with the Ron Paul movement, promotes the theory of nullification—that the 10th Amendment of the Constitution lets states “nullify” federal laws they don’t like. The idea, which has little backing among constitutional scholars, is a favorite of Tea Party activists opposed to healthcare reform and other Obama-administration measures, and has been embraced by neo-Confederate hate groups, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center, which tracks extremism.

You referenced the souther poverty law center.  Dubious group doing dubious work, so, I suspect the rest of the post is well, tainted.