How much is a picture worth these days anyhow..?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Re: How much is a picture worth these days anyhow..?

In response to TFefio's comment:

In response to AlleyCatBruin's comment:

In response to miscricket's comment:

In response to the people who need a link to everything in life...or a picture as "proof" of what someone says...the White House has released the following picture of Obama shooting a gun.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/audio/video/2013/2/2/1359829335181/Barack-Obama-shooting-at--010.jpg

But..really..what does this prove? More importantly why does anyone need photographic evidence of what someone says to be true? To me...the real issues lie not in the picture but in the reasons for releasing it. The picture could be worthless. For all I know he could have posed for it yesterday. It is essentially meaningless...yet some on the right need this so-called evidence that our POTUS shoots a gun. Really..why do they care so much?

I think the White House should not have published the picture. I am tired of people in power catering to the whims of the vocal minority..or the contrarians. I think the original answer that Obama goes to Camp David to spend time with friends and family..not to have photo ops...was more than sufficient.

This whole manufactured controversy kind of made me laugh. I know a lot of people who own guns, carry guns and go shooting on a regular basis. None of them have ever felt the need to broadcast the fact...or preserve the event for posterity through picture taking.

Besides, truth means nothing to some...even when it slaps them in the face.  Some are so mired in their false beliefs and opinions..that really it is simply not worth the effort to convince them otherwise.

Why would the President need to prove that he owns a gun? It's because the insane NRA thinks he wants to take away everyone's guns. The republican party has been owned by President Obama, so they are reduced to this. First, they didn't think we was born in Hawaii. Then, they didn't think he owned a gun. It's because he's (gasp) black.

Hmmm.i thought he was half white. Who knew! 

The only thing that should matter is that he's an American. No one should care about the color of his skin..or his hair..or his eyes..etc.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to TFefio's comment:

In response to AlleyCatBruin's comment:

In response to the people who need a link to everything in life...or a picture as "proof" of what someone says...the White House has released the following picture of Obama shooting a gun.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/audio/video/2013/2/2/1359829335181/Barack-Obama-shooting-at--010.jpg

But..really..what does this prove? More importantly why does anyone need photographic evidence of what someone says to be true? To me...the real issues lie not in the picture but in the reasons for releasing it. The picture could be worthless. For all I know he could have posed for it yesterday. It is essentially meaningless...yet some on the right need this so-called evidence that our POTUS shoots a gun. Really..why do they care so much?

I think the White House should not have published the picture. I am tired of people in power catering to the whims of the vocal minority..or the contrarians. I think the original answer that Obama goes to Camp David to spend time with friends and family..not to have photo ops...was more than sufficient.

This whole manufactured controversy kind of made me laugh. I know a lot of people who own guns, carry guns and go shooting on a regular basis. None of them have ever felt the need to broadcast the fact...or preserve the event for posterity through picture taking.

Besides, truth means nothing to some...even when it slaps them in the face.  Some are so mired in their false beliefs and opinions..that really it is simply not worth the effort to convince them otherwise.

Why would the President need to prove that he owns a gun? It's because the insane NRA thinks he wants to take away everyone's guns. The republican party has been owned by President Obama, so they are reduced to this. First, they didn't think we was born in Hawaii. Then, they didn't think he owned a gun. It's because he's (gasp) black.

Hmmm.i thought he was half white. Who knew! 

The only thing that should matter is that he's an American. No one should care about the color of his skin..or his hair..or his eyes..etc.

cricket,

Very well said. Too bad it still has to be said in 2013.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to msobstinate99's comment:

In response to andiejen's comment:

[QUOTE]

Why is the president kowtowing to the whims of a few?

His weakness as a leader becomes ever clear with each passing day.

Heh MO-

Due respect, Obama made a choice on as WDYWN pointed out, is really a non-issue. The choice he made put it to rest.

I do not believe that shows weakness. Obama deprived some from wasting more time in the news cycles with this.

As Bobby J. pointed out in his speech, the Republicans have to stop being the stupid party. I agree. FOX took a step by firing Sarah Palin the next day. I hope the GOP does move to making itself a viable party again.

[QUOTE]

Hi Andie-

Welcome back. Hope you are well.

We will agree to disagree on this one. We'll never see eye to eye on anything the president does.

Both parties need improvement. The Democrats have lost respect from the unenrolled. Both parties have lost the respect and prestige they once held. Anyone that looks at it one sided is living in a fog. Both sides are guilty of the games being played, and it doesn't look like there is a change on the horizon.

The president is supposed to be a leader, he panders and when he finally gets something going or adds his signature to paper he can't help but add a parting shot at the GOP. All that does is divide us further.

MO,

Thank you. Hope in the next 4 years you and I will find at least one or two things we can agree on concerning Obama. (:

Personally, when you get a get a chance, please send me message to catch me up on what has been going on.

ps..This would be longer but my husband is pulling me off the computer.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]

Heh MO-

Due respect, Obama made a choice on as WDYWN pointed out, is really a non-issue. The choice he made put it to rest.

I do not believe that shows weakness. Obama deprived some from wasting more time in the news cycles with this.

As Bobby J. pointed out in his speech, the Republicans have to stop being the stupid party. I agree. FOX took a step by firing Sarah Palin the next day. I hope the GOP does move to making itself a viable party again.

[QUOTE]

Hi Andie-

We will agree to disagree on this one. We'll never see eye to eye on anything the president does.

Both parties need improvement. The Democrats have lost respect from the unenrolled. Both parties have lost the respect and prestige they once held. Anyone that looks at it one sided is living in a fog. Both sides are guilty of the games being played, and it doesn't look like there is a change on the horizon.

The president is supposed to be a leader, he panders and when he finally gets something going or adds his signature to paper he can't help but add a parting shot at the GOP. All that does is divide us further.

MO,

Thank you. Hope in the next 4 years you and I will find at least one or two things we can agree on concerning Obama. (:

Personally, when you get a get a chance, please send me message to catch me up on what has been going on.

I think we can agree he is a good father and a great husband. That's a start, and more or less a finish for me.

I did try to message you, but I'm afraid the new message system is a failure. I'll give it one more shot.

If it helps..I think that the message system is still acknowledging the settings we had prior to the site conversion. My settings were to accept messages only from people on my "friend list" prior to conversion. These people have had no trouble sending messages to me but apparently others have. 

This could be the case here as well.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I'm not sure what my settings were before the switch over,  the friend list isn't available on the new set up. There's still a few quirks, I find if I use Firefox browser I can not edit, but can edit with IE.

That's weird...I use Firefox almost exclusively and can edit. From Chrome..which is my office browser..I can't even access the site. I even tried it at home and no go. I used to be able to access the site from my phone..now not at all. ( Which is no doubt a good thing..!) Who knows how all these little quirks happen. At least it seems like they are working on them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

I'm not sure what my settings were before the switch over,  the friend list isn't available on the new set up. There's still a few quirks, I find if I use Firefox browser I can not edit, but can edit with IE.

MO-

I got one message. I do not thnk you will mind if I print here it said "Testing".

Problem is with your page set to private I cannot send you a message though we were on each others friends list before BDC made all the changes. I have the same problem with everybody who has a private page that was on my friends list.

I finally just put my page on public. However I find it a poor choice by BDC to not have kept the choices separate....public or private page still be able to receive messages.

I will contact BDC about this. Currently, I use MozillaFox. It seems the only way to communicate offline is to exchange email addresses. Messages are private so only the poster sees the address which is good but that is a big leap of faith when posters are new to each other.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE]

Heh MO-

[QUOTE]

Hi Andie-

MO,

I think we can agree he is a good father and a great husband. That's a start, and more or less a finish for me.

I did try to message you, but I'm afraid the new message system is a failure. I'll give it one more shot.

If it helps..I think that the message system is still acknowledging the settings we had prior to the site conversion. My settings were to accept messages only from people on my "friend list" prior to conversion. These people have had no trouble sending messages to me but apparently others have. 

This could be the case here as well.

cricket,

Your page is set to public right now. That is why I believe I was able to send you a message and vice versa. If you set it to private I do not believe you would be able to receive any messages.

I too use Fox. However so far the Edit Option has been there each time I have posted. I have no idea why MO cannot edit when she uses Fox but you and I can.