Ideology over pragmatism, and the dumb motherf**kers who asked for it.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Re: Ideology over pragmatism, and the dumb motherf**kers who asked for it.

Ah, dearest twatwaffles, you had your chance at a bigger bargain with more spending cuts. But you blew it with your incomperable d*uchebaggery. Not that you care. We pick up the tab. Thanks.

[/QUOTE]

That's right. Democrats,  who after all are in charge, were poised to be fiscally responsible (LOL), really they were. Honest. 

But Republicans didnt bow down to the Messiah and accept the "balanced" approach to attack the deficit. "Compromise" and "balance"  means $41 in spending increases to $1 dollar in phony cuts. How can you not accept the logic of attacking the deficit with $660 billion in spending increases, and 15 billion in much later possible "cuts"? Makes total sense.

We Democrats will now spend more than ever, just to spite you.....And it is Republican's fault when we go bankrupt!

If a deal is reached, Obama will get the credit, Republicans will not.

Obama refuses to make any gesture of compromise, but literally laughs at and ridicules Republicans, yet if there is no deal, Republicans will be blamed, of course.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

In response to 12-Angry-Men's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

Obama refuses to make any gesture of compromise, but literally laughs at and ridicules Republicans, yet if there is no deal, Republicans will be blamed, of course.

The fvcking a55hat wingnuts DESERVE to be laughed at and ridiculed.

They're are a bunch of ideological imbeciles.

The Bonehead failed miserably, even with an overwhelming wingnut controlled HoR, and dropped this wingnut created car crash on the PotUS and Senate.

They pass a bill with overwhelming bi-partisan support 89-9 and the fvcking morons in the HoR won't even bring it up for a vote.

These fvcking turdblossoms have failed at everything they've done, passed the crap to the PotUS and Senate who passed a bill and the fvcktards keep their heads firmly planted in their rectums.

Unfuckingbelieveable

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the usual bipartisanship and compromise, at what we are told is a time of national crisis....pretty much the same as what the 'bipartisan' President  says, minus your obligatory  references to rectums and f words ...

If  the House Republicans make you that mad, they must be doing something right.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]

Ah, dearest twatwaffles, you had your chance at a bigger bargain with more spending cuts. But you blew it with your incomperable d*uchebaggery. Not that you care. We pick up the tab. Thanks.

[/QUOTE]

That's right. Democrats,  who after all are in charge, were poised to be fiscally responsible (LOL), really they were. Honest. 

But Republicans didnt bow down to the Messiah and accept the "balanced" approach to attack the deficit. "Compromise" and "balance"  means $41 in spending increases to $1 dollar in phony cuts. How can you not accept the logic of attacking the deficit with $660 billion in spending increases, and 15 billion in much later possible "cuts"? Makes total sense.

We Democrats will now spend more than ever, just to spite you.....And it is Republican's fault when we go bankrupt!

[/QUOTE]

The Senate Republicans apparently "bowed down ot the Messiah".  For some stange reason they thought it was a good (enough) deal.  It is only the radical Republicans of the House that are willing to jeopardize the economy for their no tax (ever) pledge.  Ideology over the country.  Got it.  R.I.P. G.O.P.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

so, tell me again which of the "pragmatic bi-partisan" plans will make us magically afford everything again?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

In response to Reubenhop's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Senate Republicans apparently "bowed down ot the Messiah".  For some stange reason they thought it was a good (enough) deal.  It is only the radical Republicans of the House that are willing to jeopardize the economy for their no tax (ever) pledge.  Ideology over the country.  Got it.  R.I.P. G.O.P.

[/QUOTE]
    It is only the radical Democrats that are willing to jeopardize the economy with their no spending cut (ever) pledge. Ideology over the country.  Got it. RIP US.

The monstrous disaster known as Obamacare should have taught the lesson that last second pressure voting for bills that no one has even read, is not a good idea. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    It is only the radical Democrats that are willing to jeopardize the economy with their no spending cut (ever) pledge. Ideology over the country.  Got it. RIP US.

The monstrous disaster known as Obamacare should have taught the lesson that last second pressure voting for bills that no one has even read, is not a good idea. 

[/QUOTE]

Only the radical Democrats?  No only the radical fringe of the Republican Party ultimately stood for ideology over country.  Turns out there were sane conservatives out there willing to compromise and the fiscal cliff was avoided.  Are you now ready to say all of Congress "bowed down to the Messiah"?  Or are you ready to admit that you are an ideological idiot?  Either way your credibility is shot.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to Newtster's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kelldog1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What a bunch of dumbfucks!

How I would love to unleash an angry pack of marmots on Eric Cantor!

[/QUOTE]

The dumbfucks are people like you who buy into this nonsense and have no clue how this going to scrooo the little guy with inflation.

What a simpleton. I thought you moonbats were supposed to be smart.

[/QUOTE]

They know what is going on.  It is all about government and unions.  Scr3w the working man.

Unions get their Obamacare waivers.  Unions fund Obama's re-election, they get their protection in the NLRB, regulations to keep the little guy down.  They get Jeff Immelt "the commie" running the jobs program.

Government gets bigger.  Obama is a step closer to bringing the economic system down.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:
    [QUOTE]

so, tell me again which of the "pragmatic bi-partisan" plans will make us magically afford everything again?

[/QUOTE]

We can't afford everything...that's the reality both parties have to face..as well as the average American..including the middle class. The problem is that Americans as a collective body want more and more from their government but don't want to pay for it.

Before the right wingers start villifying the "poor" and the "lazy"...let me just state that we are all takers in one way or another. So..what will you be willing to sacrifice to help lower the deficit? Are you middle class? Own a house? Willing to give up your mortgage interest deduction? How about your dependent child deduction?  Trash collection? Education? Have a kid in college? Willing to give up the tax deductions you get for tuition? Willing to give up the subsidized student loan?

So..tell me...what are you willing to give up?  I would be willing to give up all itemized deductions..even the education one from which I have benefited from..and the interest one which I will benefit from. Before you tell the government what to take away from someone else..consider what you are willing to give up.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I've heard a lot about "taking America back" and showing those evil cartel-runners that they can't get away with their scheming:

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/news/politics/general/matt-damon-hits-it-on-the-head-politicans-of-both-parties-dont-care-about-anything-long-term/80/6480623

Trouble is, the people who made the most noise about that are the ones who voted in the people currently balls deep in our collective upper intestine. Even as they proclaim not to care about party.

The article contains a picture of the Arch-D*uche.

Lawmakers said that Representative Eric Cantor of Virginia, the No. 2 Republican, indicated to his colleagues in a closed-door meeting in the basement of the Capitol that he could not support the legislation in its current form. Many other Republicans were voicing stiff objections to a plan that they saw as raising taxes while doing little to rein in spending. Several conservatives assailed it on the House floor as the chamber convened at noon for an unusual New Year’s Day session.

“There’s not a lot of support for the bill as is. I personally hate it,” said Representative John Campbell, Republican of California. “The speaker, the day after the election, said we would give on taxes, and we have, but we wanted spending cuts. This bill has spending increases. Are you kidding me?”

Aides said that Speaker John A. Boehner, who had pledged to put any measure the Senate passed on the House floor for a vote, was mainly listening to the complaints of his rank and file and had not taken a firm position on the legislation, though he had clear reservations.

The situation loomed as a significant test for Mr. Boehner, who had been unable to pass his own proposal to increase taxes only on $1 million in income and above. He has said repeatedly that he would allow a vote on the Senate bill, but he has also said he did not want to pass a bill with predominantly Democratic votes. Public opposition from Mr. Cantor, who has up to this point sided with Mr. Boehner in the fiscal fight, would also complicate his position.

Brendan Buck, a spokesman for Mr. Boehner, said that during the meeting, “the lack of spending cuts in the Senate bill was a universal concern amongst members.” The Republican leadership expected to continue discussions Tuesday “on the path forward,” he added.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/02/us/politics/house-takes-on-fiscal-cliff.html?hp&_r=0

[/QUOTE]

Pragmatism is for people without goals.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

The GOP House majority is much worse than a disfunctional family.  I thought we had a 2010 freshmen TP problem well as it turns out the problem runs much deeper.  Principles be damned at some point you need to get something done.

Boehner couldn't get the the House GOP to line up so its quite clear we have a much bigger problem in the House then I thougth.  The Senate in the end acted responsibly while the House blew it on plan B, blew it by not passing the final deal in a landslide and blew it by not passing hurricane sandy relief.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]

Yes, the smart people are the ones who say this fiscal cliff agreement is critical to getting control over the deficit when their actions result in a $6 trillion INCREASE to the national debt.

Pragmatism for politicians is keeping their gravy train rolling versus facing the facts of how insane and disasterous the government's financial situation has become.

I guess for you  inflation is the pragmatic route. No politician has to make a tough decision for fear of losing their "livelihood" and the value of a government benefit check for Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid etc gets cut 90%.

You are for the "little guy"?? What a joke. You are for ripping them off in a manner that is invisible to them until it is too late to do anything about it.

But at least you aren't being an ideologue. Dumb for sure, but not an ideologue.

[/QUOTE]

Spoken like a dumb ideologue.  To you it is better to crash the economy than find a political compromise that rationally addresses the country's needs.  That is truly dumb.  This is the first step only.  If it is the only step than you have a point.  But at the very least the ideologues couldn't crash the economy for their unbending no tax pledge.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pragmatism is the American philosophy.  Zealots with unbending ideologies will destroy what we have made.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to StalkingButler's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

We can't afford everything...that's the reality both parties have to face..as well as the average American..including the middle class. The problem is that Americans as a collective body want more and more from their government but don't want to pay for it.

Before the right wingers start villifying the "poor" and the "lazy"...let me just state that we are all takers in one way or another. So..what will you be willing to sacrifice to help lower the deficit? Are you middle class? Own a house? Willing to give up your mortgage interest deduction? How about your dependent child deduction?  Trash collection? Education? Have a kid in college? Willing to give up the tax deductions you get for tuition? Willing to give up the subsidized student loan?

So..tell me...what are you willing to give up?  I would be willing to give up all itemized deductions..even the education one from which I have benefited from..and the interest one which I will benefit from. Before you tell the government what to take away from someone else..consider what you are willing to give up.

[/QUOTE]

Hey, I think we found the real-life model for Obama's life of Julia.

Seeig that you feel entitled to my paycheck, I would give up all of your (and others) entitlements, i.e. their paychecks.

We are back to the big issue: Conservatives sign the front of checks, liberals sign the back of checks.  That has got to stop.  Government needs to constrain its spending to what it takes in in a year.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Yes, the smart people are the ones who say this fiscal cliff agreement is critical to getting control over the deficit when their actions result in a $6 trillion INCREASE to the national debt.

Pragmatism for politicians is keeping their gravy train rolling versus facing the facts of how insane and disasterous the government's financial situation has become.

I guess for you  inflation is the pragmatic route. No politician has to make a tough decision for fear of losing their "livelihood" and the value of a government benefit check for Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid etc gets cut 90%.

You are for the "little guy"?? What a joke. You are for ripping them off in a manner that is invisible to them until it is too late to do anything about it.

But at least you aren't being an ideologue. Dumb for sure, but not an ideologue.

[/QUOTE]

Spoken like a dumb ideologue.  To you it is better to crash the economy than find a political compromise that rationally addresses the country's needs.  That is truly dumb.  This is the first step only.  If it is the only step than you have a point.  But at the very least the ideologues couldn't crash the economy for their unbending no tax pledge.

[/QUOTE]

Do you seriously think that anything about the fiscal cliff  that was passed or even discussed was a solution to our financial problems? You are clueless if you think so.

Who really wants to crash the economy? People like yourself that think we can go on printing and spending forever or people that want to come up with some rational plan to avoid a catastrophe? In reality the people you support and the people you call ideologues are both kicking the can down the road to catastrophe. 

Clueless, you are totally clueless. Your ideology is getting in the way of your seeing reality. There is no money to pay for all this. A better way to say it is that there is not enough wealth generation to pay for all of this. Print and spend will end in catastrophe.

[/QUOTE]

You are right.  It is the left that is crashing the economy.  The cliff is a useless analogy.  And, as far as any pragmatist thinkers out there, thinking that this is a pragmatic deal, realize that pragmatism is the devils work.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Do you seriously think that anything about the fiscal cliff  that was passed or even discussed was a solution to our financial problems? You are clueless if you think so.

Who really wants to crash the economy? People like yourself that think we can go on printing and spending forever or people that want to come up with some rational plan to avoid a catastrophe? In reality the people you support and the people you call ideologues are both kicking the can down the road to catastrophe. 

Clueless, you are totally clueless. Your ideology is getting in the way of your seeing reality. There is no money to pay for all this. A better way to say it is that there is not enough wealth generation to pay for all of this. Print and spend will end in catastrophe.

[/QUOTE]

Did you pick up on me saying this was the "first step"?  Of course, we need spending cuts as well.  But you are too busy making a rant to bother to fully comprehend what is being said by others.  Just more evidence of dumb ideology.  But rant on.  It amuses you and those like you.  But you are far from making any kind of point...

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to skeeter20's comment:

Hey, I think we found the real-life model for Obama's life of Julia. Seeig that you feel entitled to my paycheck, I would give up all of your (and others) entitlements, i.e. their paychecks

Once more the cheerleader for the House cesspool residents rants at a poster without reading the post.

/yawn

[/QUOTE]

And, I'll be looking to claw back your specific entitlements.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pragmatism is the American philosophy.  Zealots with unbending ideologies will destroy what we have made.  

[/QUOTE]

Sorry.  Mispelling.  I meant to say:

Pragmatism is for people without goats.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Doesn't the House vote on every bill that impacts the deficit?  The Federal government can't spend a single dollar with out the OK from the House.

So how do House Republicans, who control the house, get off blaming anyone but themselves for the deficit?  When a bill comes up that they think isn't worth the cost, then don't pass it.

It's like the person in the family who has the final say about how money gets spent complaning about how money gets spent.

But instead of identifying real methods to cut spending, they either go after the laughable programs with tiny budgets or cry about spending in general.  Ultimately, they do nothing except send waves of fear through financial markets that they might do something stupid.

And when they finally do the right thing, they cry some more.  The House Republicans have to be the best example of Government Waste.  They do nothing but cause problems and collect their paychecks.