If you call out Rand Paul for something like plagarism, that makes you a "hater"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

Re: If you call out Rand Paul for something like plagarism, that makes you a

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

Keep telling yourself that. As long as you believe your lies that's all that matters. Enjoy!

blah blah blah, crap crap crap. I know already. What else? Do you f@rt in my general direction?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

The issue really isn't that he plagiarized.  the issue is how he's responded to being caught.  Deny.  Down play.  Go after the accusers.  

he should have fessed up and then made a joke about it.  But instead, he decided to make a stand.  On something so stupid.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to UserName9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to MattyScornD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't see the big deal.  Politicians lift rhetoric all the time.  Paul is no different.

[/QUOTE]

I didn't think it was a big deal when he lifted text from Wikipedia for a speech, but this time its an Op-Ed piece in a major newspaper that he put his name to.  I don't think politicians do that all the time.

[/QUOTE]

You think politicians write their own op ed pieces?

I guess you did just fall off the turnip truck.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The issue really isn't that he plagiarized.  the issue is how he's responded to being caught.  Deny.  Down play.  Go after the accusers.  

he should have fessed up and then made a joke about it.  But instead, he decided to make a stand.  On something so stupid.

[/QUOTE]

Paul is acting just like WDYWN.  That is obviously reprehensible.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to kelldog1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

THE ROOT OF THE PROBLEM IS THAT THESE GOP/TEA PARTIERS, DON'T HAVE ANY ORIGINAL

IDEAS TO OFFER. THE GOP IS A BROKEN RECORD. THEY REALLY NEED TO UPGRADE THEIR GAME AND INTELLIGENCE.... BY THAT I MEAN SMARTS!! 

CAN YOU BE THAT F'N STUPID?....YES ...YES YOU CAN.

[/QUOTE]

it is time for a comment from Joe Biden, don't you think?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

IDEAS TO OFFER. THE GOP IS A BROKEN RECORD. THEY REALLY NEED TO UPGRADE THEIR GAME AND INTELLIGENCE.... BY THAT I MEAN SMARTS!! 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Who?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I don't see the big deal.  Politicians lift rhetoric all the time.  Paul is no different.

[/QUOTE]

I didn't think it was a big deal when he lifted text from Wikipedia for a speech, but this time its an Op-Ed piece in a major newspaper that he put his name to.  I don't think politicians do that all the time.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes..in fact if someone puts their name to the bottom of an op-ed column that gets published regularly in a national newspaper then they better have written it. Otherwise that is plaigerism as well.

The Washington Times has cancelled his column.  Plaigerism is dishonest. It's not a mistake when it happens on the level that Rand Paul has committed it. There is a pattern.

Added to that..I am sorry..but he plaigerized wikipedia for a speech? That is just wrong on so many levels. If I had used Wikipedia has a primary source for any one of my college projects or presentations, I would have gotten an immediate failing grade. So not only does the guy plaigerize, he uses lazy sources.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Reason with some perspective:

There are two scandals regarding a national politician's veracity this week. One is about a president lying about his signature, transformative legislative achievement, while his administration lies and prevaricates some more in the face of being caught selling the American public a bill of goods. The second initially centered around a senator lifting movie-description passages from Wikipedia in his speeches. You could almost see the thought bubble around Rand Paul's head–how could they possibly be nitpicking me in this of all weeks? But that is exactly the wrong response, both externally and internally, as new revelations make even more clear.

http://reason.com/blog/2013/11/05/rand-pauls-plagiarism-and-the-weird-mans

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

There are two scandals

And each have their own threads. Imagine that!

If anyone is worried that the existence of this thread will cause them to forget about how much they hate Obama, by all means start the tenth and eleventh threads on how you thought that Obamacare required insurers to sell exactly the same plans for exactly the same price for all time.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

It’s been a tough week for Rand Paul. The Kentucky Senator has faced a growing wave of accusations of plagiarism in his speeches and writings. The instances of plagiarism started with the somewhat absurd with Rachel Maddow calling Paul out on giving a speech with lines swiped from the Gattaca movie Wikipedia page, but throughout the week more new accusations began to pile up. The most serious (so far) being the almost verbatim, unattributed reuse of a The Week essay in Paul's weekly Washington Times op-ed. (You can see the offending paragraphs here.)

On Tuesday, the Washington Times said after an independent review of Paul’s work, the two were parting ways. “The newspaper and the senator mutually agreed to end his weekly column, which has appeared on each Friday in the newspaper since the summer,” a story in the Washington Times said.

Washington Times editor John Solomon had this to say about Paul’s work for the paper:

“We expect our columnists to submit original work and to properly attribute material, and we appreciate that the senator and his staff have taken responsibility for an oversight in one column.”
    “We also appreciate the original insights he has shared with our readers over the last few months and look forward to future contributions from Sen. Paul and any other members of Congress who take the time to help educate our readers with original thought leadership pieces.”
    http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2013/11/05/rand_paul_and_the_washington_times_part_
    ways_after_evidence_of_plagarism.html

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

[QUOTE]If anyone is worried that the existence of this thread will cause them to forget about how much they hate Obama, by all means start the tenth and eleventh threads on how you thought that Obamacare required insurers to sell exactly the same plans for exactly the same price for all time.[/QUOTE]

So I'm a hater now? Are you going to want a duel with me next? Keyboards at 20 feet?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to NowWhatDoYouWant's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

There are two scandals

[/QUOTE]

If anyone is worried that the existence of this thread will cause them to forget about how much they hate Obama, by all means start the tenth and eleventh threads on how you thought that Obamacare required insurers to sell exactly the same plans for exactly the same price for all time.

[/QUOTE]

Don't look now but you just proved my point.  Yeah, yeah I know....this is different...blah, blah, blah....spin your c r a p to someone else.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Who?

[/QUOTE]

He's the guy who is all aflutter over Obama's big stick.  And, unlike this case, actually plagerized.  Not sure this is the same.

Obama, the guy who didn't plagerize, but lied about being able to keep your health insurance and your doctor.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

There are two scandals

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And, unlike Obama lying about being able to keep your health insurance or keep your doctor, this dust up over Rand Paul will not impact you one bit.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes..in fact if someone puts their name to the bottom of an op-ed column that gets published regularly in a national newspaper then they better have written it. Otherwise that is plaigerism as well.

The Washington Times has cancelled his column.  Plaigerism is dishonest. It's not a mistake when it happens on the level that Rand Paul has committed it. There is a pattern.

Added to that..I am sorry..but he plaigerized wikipedia for a speech? That is just wrong on so many levels. If I had used Wikipedia has a primary source for any one of my college projects or presentations, I would have gotten an immediate failing grade. So not only does the guy plaigerize, he uses lazy sources.

[/QUOTE]

I think that you are protesting too much, while completely ignoring the ramifications and dishonesty of Obama's promise that we couuld keep out health insurance plans, and keep out doctors.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]If anyone is worried that the existence of this thread will cause them to forget about how much they hate Obama, by all means start the tenth and eleventh threads on how you thought that Obamacare required insurers to sell exactly the same plans for exactly the same price for all time.[/QUOTE]

So I'm a hater now? Are you going to want a duel with me next? Keyboards at 20 feet?

[/QUOTE]

No, you questioned Obama so that clearly makes you a racist. Keep the smears straight...   

Anyway, I think it's silly to complain "how dare you start a thread on this subject when there's this other thing I think is more important!"

Especially when the forums are stuffed to bursting on the subject you think is more important....   

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

[QUOTE]
    Don't look now but you just proved my point.

[/QUOTE]

Have a cookie.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I provided quotes.

[/QUOTE]

Watson, the trouble is that quotes without context obsure the fact that the quotes were all humorous jabs. I'd hope that people would understand that a satirical Star Wars reference is nothing like Rand Paul's remark, but then you came along.

[/QUOTE]

Keep telling yourself that. As long as you believe your lies that's all that matters. Enjoy!

[/QUOTE]

Does Rand Paul get the benefit of "context"? Was Rand Paul being sarcastic and making a pun by saying "hacks and haters"?
    Just as with carrying the Confederate flag, or most everything else, WDYWN gives himself and progressives the mulligan,......

And matty forewarns us, dont dare bash the pathetic snarling Rachel Maddow, that is homophobic, dont you know....the lesbian card, dont ya know.

In 2010 on his blog “Open Salon,” Michael Rodgers of North Port, Fla., wrote a blog post titled “Rachel Maddow Plagiarized My Blog!

(Read Related: More accusations of Maddow plagiarism emerge after Rare report)

“Don’t get me wrong, I love Rachel Maddow,” Rodgers wrote. “Truth be told, I’m a huge fan. So, if she wanted something from my blog, all she had to do was ask. I would have given willingly because that’s the kind of guy I am.”

The plagiarism in question involves a comparison Rodgers made between the Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico in 2010 with the often-forgot about 1979 Ixtoc I oil spill in the same area. The liberal blogger noted that “the oil industry hasn’t advanced their methods of plugging holes in the ocean floor or cleaning up their messes.”

Rodgers then became perturbed upon seeing his own unique angle being copied on Maddow’s program: “I’m sitting there Wednesday evening watching MSNBC and there is Rachel Maddow…TELLING THE SAME DAMN STORY!!”

[/QUOTE]

Where's the plagiarism part?

(And that I even need to "forewarn" anyone here says more about y'all than about me.  It happens all the time when her name is brought up.  The conservative site that published this accusation likewise was filthy with homophobic, misogynist and sexist remarks...hence the 'warning'.)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]
    Don't look now but you just proved my point.

[/QUOTE]

Have a cookie.

[/QUOTE]

Can I have two? One just never seems to be enough.