Koch money paid tea parties way to protest.. and was one biggie for Walker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

Koch money paid tea parties way to protest.. and was one biggie for Walker

What Mr. Phillips did not mention was that his Virginia-based nonprofit group, whose budget surged to $40 million in 2010 from $7 million three years ago, was created and financed in part by the secretive billionaire brothers Charles G. and David H. Koch.

State records also show that Koch Industries, their energy and consumer products conglomerate based in Wichita, Kan., was one of the biggest contributors to the election campaign of Gov. Scott Walker of Wisconsin, a Republican who has championed the proposed cuts.

Even before the new governor was sworn in last month, executives from the Koch-backed group had worked behind the scenes to try to encourage a union showdown, Mr. Phillips said in an interview on Monday.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/22/us/22koch.html?src=me&ref=general

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Re: Koch money paid tea parties way to protest.. and was one biggie for Walker

Koch brothers vs. Soros; just wealthy people supporting their ideology in policitics.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Soros spending money = righteous dude
    Koch (who ever he is) spending his money = evil

The best thing about arguing with a progressive is you can use the part of your mind not engaged in the debate to solve quadratic equations and balance your checkbook.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhatIsItNow. Show WhatIsItNow's posts

Just about everyone with money and an interest spends money to advance the interest. Without the basic underlying urge, humans would still be waiting for rotting scraps from the Hyenas.

The problem is so much money in politics that it overwhelms less monied interests, a problem the Supreme Court recently made very difficult to address without altering the 1st.

So while I can rage about the Koch brothers pumping money into all sorts of things I oppose, I'm sure they could come up with examples of people on the left doing the same.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

In Response to Re: Koch money paid tea parties way to protest.. and was one biggie for Walker:
    [QUOTE]Just about everyone with money and an interest spends money to advance the interest. Without the basic underlying urge, humans would still be waiting for rotting scraps from the Hyenas. The problem is so much money in politics that it overwhelms less monied interests, a problem the Supreme Court recently made very difficult to address without altering the 1st. So while I can rage about the Koch brothers pumping money into all sorts of things I oppose, I'm sure they could come up with examples of people on the left doing the same.
    Posted by WhatIsItNow[/QUOTE]

correct a mundo

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatnow4. Show whatnow4's posts

wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Waahhhhhhhhhhhh, that isn't fair, only Dems can receive money. 

I might add, look at the donations lists.  Dems receive way more money than Repubs from Unions and even split corporate contributions for the most part. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatnow4. Show whatnow4's posts

And here is the list so you can see for yourself : )

www.opensecrets.org/orgs/list.php">http://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/list.php

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

And here i started a thread about the Koch boys and their connection to current events, yet no one wants to stay on the subject.  Its like its the only thread on the board and we need to add other names to it instead of staying on subject which is the Koch and tea bag walker connection. Is it any wonder the politicians and corporations are winning some lay down and bend over for them. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In Response to Re: Koch money paid tea parties way to protest.. and was one biggie for Walker:
    [QUOTE]Soros spending money = righteous dude Koch (who ever he is) spending his money = evil
    Posted by skeeter20[/QUOTE]

The fact that you - as a admitted conservative - don't seem to know who the Koch Brothers are is both depressing and suspicious. 

Sort of like not knowing the connections between the Bush Family, the Saudi Royals, and the Bin Laden Family....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Koch money paid tea parties way to protest.. and was one biggie for Walker : The fact that you - as a admitted conservative - don't seem to know who the Koch Brothers are is both depressing and suspicious.  Sort of like not knowing the connections between the Bush Family, the Saudi Royals, and the Bin Laden Family....
    Posted by MattyScornD[/QUOTE]

Cut us some slack;  it is tough to keep up with the Stoned Paranoid Conspiratorical Left... 
    Per Michael Moore: 
    Bush, the Saudis and the Bin Ladins were tight, 9/11 was about oil pipelines, or something..
    And now the evil Koch Brothers control the cough syrup industry...oops that is the Smith Brothers...the Kochs control every Republican nationwide, an evil empire of billionaires..moo haa haa.. 

And you lefties claim Glen Beck has wild conspiracy theories?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lawboy. Show lawboy's posts

Soros spending money = righteous dude Koch (who ever he is) spending his money = evil 
    Posted by skeeter20

Skeeter you're getting dumber with every post...lol

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Koch money paid tea parties way to protest.. and was one biggie for Walker : The fact that you - as a admitted conservative - don't seem to know who the Koch Brothers are is both depressing and suspicious.  Sort of like not knowing the connections between the Bush Family, the Saudi Royals, and the Bin Laden Family....

Pity them its the Rush/Fox/Beck cool aid effect .  There is a cure but they dont stay sane long enough to get it.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Only liberals bow and scrape at the table of the rich.  I am an independent thinker.  But, I must admit I have heard of the Koch brothers, I just don't take my marching orders from them, like the Soros/progressive relationship.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhatIsItNow. Show WhatIsItNow's posts

[QUOTE]Only liberals bow and scrape at the table of the rich.  I am an independent thinker. 

The first sentence disproves the second.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]The first sentence disproves the second.
    Posted by WhatIsItNow[/QUOTE]

bada bing!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelldog1. Show kelldog1's posts

Maybe the Koch Brothers and their industries serve to benefit from rigged, sweetheart, no bid deals thanks to good ole Wisconsin Governor Walker... Read on....dear reader read on.......

http://www.salon.com/news/budget_showdown/index.html?story=/tech/htww/2011/02/22/koch_brothers_no_bid_walker_wisconsin

These people are scum!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Koch money paid tea parties way to protest.. and was one biggie for Walker : Only liberals bow and scrape at the table of the rich.  I am an independent thinker.  But, I must admit I have heard of the Koch brothers, I just don't take my marching orders from them, like the Soros/progressive relationship.

Ah, so the "whoever he is" quip was what?  A ruse?  sarcasm?  plausible deniability?

If you insist progressives are automatically taking their cues from Soros, then we have no alternative than to believe conservatives are ideological slaves to the Kochs.  Astroturf exists on both sides of the fence....

Progressives = MSNBC, NY Times, etc.
    Conservatives = FoxNews, WSJ, Limbaugh, talk radio, etc.

Turnabout is indeed fair play, so either suck it up or start making sense.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatnow4. Show whatnow4's posts

The WSJ is "astroturf"

Bwa hahahahahahaha. 

Is the newspaper to hard for you to understand? 

By the way, you are using that word inappropriately. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]The WSJ is "astroturf" Bwa hahahahahahaha.  Is the newspaper to hard for you to understand?  By the way, you are using that word inappropriately. 
    Posted by whatnow4[/QUOTE]

No, the tee partees and the unions are astroturfed, but that was clear.

'Inappropriately', how...?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatnow4. Show whatnow4's posts

astroturf is fake.

When Pelosi accused the Tea Party of being an astro turf movement, she was saying it is a fake movement.  Not a real grassroots movement.   

MSNBC/WSJ etc are not fake.  They exist.  Go to your local convenience store.  They are on the shelf or on channel 901. 

Partisan is what you were looking for.  At least I think.  Who knows I may not have followed your logic