Limbaugh says it's time to turn off Fox News

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

Limbaugh says it's time to turn off Fox News

Republican shock jock Rush Limbaugh advanced a view on Monday that very few in the conservative media would dare to enunciate: he told a caller to stop watching Fox News, particularly the network’s panel discussions, which he said are “designed to get you ticked off.”

“You know, you need to stop watching these people, because they’re not going to change, Tony,” Limbaugh said, talking down a caller who seemed convinced that Obama is preparing to launch a “Stalinist” attack on America with windmills and solar panels. “I really care. You’ve got to stop watching these people.”

“All these names you mention, they’re not going to change,” he went on, noting the caller’s reference to the network’s ostensibly liberal pundits. “And you’re exactly right, if all of this were happening with a Republican president — which it wouldn’t, it couldn’t by definition, we don’t believe in these policies — but if it were, you’re right. They’d be raising holy hell about it. They’d be calling the president cold-hearted, mean, extremist, exclusionary. The rich, they’d be all over a Republican president. But that isn’t gonna change.”

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

Re: Limbaugh says it's time to turn off Fox News

I think Limbaugh may be cheesed off with Fox because when he was on air about a week ago, he claimed he wanted to discuss immigration reform and the state of the GOP and the producers wouldn't allow it.  But from the comments, it doesn't appear that Limbaugh said not to watch "Fox News" as much as some specific panelists on Fox News. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to DamainAllen's comment:

I think Limbaugh may be cheesed off with Fox because when he was on air about a week ago, he claimed he wanted to discuss immigration reform and the state of the GOP and the producers wouldn't allow it.  But from the comments, it doesn't appear that Limbaugh said not to watch "Fox News" as much as some specific panelists on Fox News. 

Damian,

Monday he did tell the caller (Tony) to stop watching Fox News, and in particular some of the panel discussions. See my post above and the Limbaugh quote.

Interesting that is is so thin skinned perhaps that the incident you descibed may have led to what occurred on his show on Monday.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedwardnicky. Show jedwardnicky's posts

In response to bigdog2's comment:

"Republican shock jock"?

Didn`t I just read yesterday that FOX News is the most trusted and most watched on earth?

Was it from a Rasmussen poll?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedwardnicky. Show jedwardnicky's posts

If I may quote George Carlin via Stalkingbutler,

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

The article is highly INACCURATE. What a surprise.

A caller complained to Limbaugh about too many LIBRULS on Fox. When queried further, the caller was found to be refering to FOX BUSINESS CHANNEL.

Limbaugh told the guy, rather than listening to libruls and going nuts to stop listening to them, to turn them off.

His meaning was to stop listening to libruls, not Fox News which was not even part of the discussion anyway. Of course if one stopped to actually READ what Limbaugh said, you would realize he did not even mention to turn off Fox at all.

That is what surfices for "journalism" at Politico???

Pathetic. They aren't libruls are they? Maybe they will be able to hire some of the dunces that serve as so-called "reporters" at the Globe when they are forced to lay off some more.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

z

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

"Republican shock jock"?

Didn`t I just read yesterday that FOX News is the most trusted and most watched on earth?

Please.  Fox isn't journalism. It's a 24/7 Infomercial for the Republican party pretending to be a news channel in order to dupe the ignorant. It's a joke to anyone with even moderate intelligence.....which may explain why you are sticiking up for it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

In response to UserName99's comment:

"Republican shock jock"?

Please.  Fox isn't journalism. It's a 24/7 Infomercial for the Republican party pretending to be a news channel in order to dupe the ignorant. It's a joke to anyone with even moderate intelligence.....which may explain why you are sticiking up for it.

The most trusted and most watched.

Thats hilarious.  Birds of a feather who are fed a steady diet of spin, drivel, and misinformation.

Multiple studies have shown that Fox news viewers are less-informed on current events than those who watch no television at all. What does that tell you about their product?

It tells me that their viewers don't watch the channel to get informed. They watch it to have their prejudices and paranoia reinforced.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedwardnicky. Show jedwardnicky's posts

In response to jedwardnicky's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yes!  Of course you mean the 51.7% that voted for a fool.  They are a "large group" aren`t they?

[/QUOTE]

You're kinda caught up in a conundrum, aren't you? If I recall correctly, you said it was impossible that Obama would be re-elected because Rasmussen polls indicated that he wouldn't. You put your faith in that 100%. What did you call Rasmussen? Something along the lines of "the most trusted and accurate blah, blah, blah."

How'd that work out for you?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

it's amazing how people who do not support conservatism know so much about the people/programs that allegedly prop up conservatism. lol

I am a conservative but, I very rarely listen to Limbaugh or watch foxnews.

Makes me wonder if, perhaps it's liberals trying to keep taps on conservatives that make both of these entities so sucessful!

That would be epic!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

Yes!  Of course you mean the 51.7% that voted for a fool.  They are a "large group" aren`t they?

You're kinda caught up in a conundrum, aren't you? If I recall correctly, you said it was impossible that Obama would be re-elected because Rasmussen polls indicated that he wouldn't. You put your faith in that 100%. What did you call Rasmussen? Something along the lines of "the most trusted and accurate blah, blah, blah."

How'd that work out for you?

To be fair, it wasn't just Rasmussen that Jmel relied on.  He also had a foolproof method of counting campaign signs in his neighborhood.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedwardnicky. Show jedwardnicky's posts

"He also had a foolproof method of counting campaign signs in his neighborhood."

And you had a "foolproof method" of counting unemployed, stank, obamaphone-owners, at the Occupy Wall St rallies.  Unfortunately for America, your count was better than mine.

It was so funny when you said "I`m in Florida (and they are pi$$ed), headed to Toronto tonight. I`ll be out of the country when Romney walks through this handily. The win will be so decisive that there will be no uproar from the unwashed. It will be a drubbing."

So it's kinda difficult to take you seriously anymore.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE]

"He also had a foolproof method of counting campaign signs in his neighborhood."

And you had a "foolproof method" of counting unemployed, stank, obamaphone-owners, at the Occupy Wall St rallies.  Unfortunately for America, your count was better than mine.

It was so funny when you said "I`m in Florida (and they are pi$$ed), headed to Toronto tonight. I`ll be out of the country when Romney walks through this handily. The win will be so decisive that there will be no uproar from the unwashed. It will be a drubbing."

Excellent!  There is NOBODY here at BDC that EVER took you seriously.  We all know you`re a stalker with ZERO to add.  That you would remember that statement is more disturbing then I thought.  Again, very creepy.   And, as I said, and people with brains know, Suffolk, Rasmussen, Gallup, U of Denver, Quinnipiac, and many, many, more were calling the election for Romney.  It`s wonderful that you knew it was Obama all the way because you`re so smart.  You see, out here in the real world we listen to people and hear the frustration.  We see the mess this fool and his administration has made.

Take me seriously?  You`re the biggest joke here.  We`re laughing right at you and you don`t even know it.

[/QUOTE]

bigdog,

I have no way of knowing but, perhaps jed has a photographic memory. He just remembers every single thing that he reads. 

I have read that there are indeed people with unbelieveable memories. I am not one of them. I can search and search my memory at times to try and remember where I heard or read something. Then I often have to resort to Google.

Just a thought regarding your statement about jed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedwardnicky. Show jedwardnicky's posts

In response to andiejen's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Excellent!  There is NOBODY here at BDC that EVER took you seriously.  We all know you`re a stalker with ZERO to add.  That you would remember that statement is more disturbing then I thought.  Again, very creepy.   And, as I said, and people with brains know, Suffolk, Rasmussen, Gallup, U of Denver, Quinnipiac, and many, many, more were calling the election for Romney.  It`s wonderful that you knew it was Obama all the way because you`re so smart.  You see, out here in the real world we listen to people and hear the frustration.  We see the mess this fool and his administration has made.

Take me seriously?  You`re the biggest joke here.  We`re laughing right at you and you don`t even know it.

[/QUOTE]

bigdog,

I have no way of knowing but, perhaps jed has a photographic memory. He just remembers every single thing that he reads. 

I have read that there are indeed people with unbelieveable memories. I am not one of them. I can search and search my memory at times to try and remember where I heard or read something. Then I often have to resort to Google.

Just a thought regarding your statement about jed.

[/QUOTE]

Andie,
     Thanks for your kind words. I wish I had a photographic memory, but I don't. I do, however, have a decent memory. It's good enough to remember what Jmel/Tacobreath/Bigdog has said in the past. That, coupled with the search window provided by BDC, allows me to kinda go back in time and expose him for what he is (or has been). Just enter his name(s) and a pertinent word(s) to find what he has said in the past. It's just a couple of keystrokes on the keyboard.....

But somehow he considers that "stalking" on an anonymous message board.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

It sounds like all Limbaugh is saying is that he thinks liberals are hypocrites, so people shouldn't watch Fox if a liberal appears.

Which is rich coming from a dope fiend who made money hating dope fiends.

Sounds like? I guess "sounds like" = virtually = not really = you made it up

He was just saying if they make you go crazy stop watching/listening to them.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedwardnicky. Show jedwardnicky's posts

In response to Hansoribrother's comment:

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It sounds like all Limbaugh is saying is that he thinks liberals are hypocrites, so people shouldn't watch Fox if a liberal appears.

Which is rich coming from a dope fiend who made money hating dope fiends.

Sounds like? I guess "sounds like" = virtually = not really = you made it up

He was just saying if they make you go crazy stop watching/listening to them.

[/QUOTE]

I'm still having a hard time figuring out which Hanson Brother you are.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

He's the good looking one.

--

Think for yourself, question authority.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

He's the good looking one.

--

SB,

Surely you are kidding. Besides if memory serves, none of them were "good looking". Oh...that is the joke.

Love your new signature. "Question authority" I believe was/is a librul mantra. Sure I had a bumper sticker in the past that said just that. T shirt as well.

Of course it goes way way back to Benjamin Franklin and even to Socrates. 

Loved your last signature from George Carlin. Love the new one as well.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Like your new signature. "Question authority" I believe was/is a librul mantra.

It's a quote by Timothy Leary, later embedded in a Tool song.

So, what happened to change the people who used to live by this mantra from questioning authority and wanting the government to leave them alone to meekly accepting or actively supporting pervasive government control in their lives?

Regarding Fox News, I'm not a big fan of most the talking heads that appear there (with the huge exceptions of Greg Gutfield and Neil Cavuto) On the other hand, Bret Baier runs the best hard news segment in television and I believe Brit Hume and Chris Wallace along with CBS journalist Sharyl Attkisson are the top journalists working today.

The fact is, like them or not, Fox is the only news organization today that is "questioning authority,"  AKA doing the job of journalism. Like them or not, no one should be supporting this administration's attempts to attack them, freeze them out, or spy on them or any other journalists.

--

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

The only thing I would add (and I watch as much MSNBC as I do FOX) is, FOX never does any analysis without BOTH sides present.

I'll have to take your word for it as I rarely watch regular tv unless there is a Celtic or Patriot running around out there!

--