McCain's Roll of the Dice

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from msully. Show msully's posts

If the McCain Palin ticket wins, it will be because she proved herself in the speeches, interviews and debates she'll be participating in over the next few months. If she doesn't prove herself, we get Obama/Biden.

The country will stumble along either way.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rnich. Show rnich's posts

Picking Palin was a brilliant move by McCain.. McCain can not win this election on the issues that are important to most Americans: the war and the economy. So he has to do anything he can to take attention away from his weaknesses.. By picking Palin, and then having them disclose that her teenage daughter is pregnant, he has taken all attention away from his weakness on the economy and his support of an unpopular war. He is counting on Democrats to attach Palin, knowing this will get the Republicans, Christians, and maybe a few women to rally behind her. He has steered this election away from the important issues and focused it on patriotism and values. But the worse thing is, both McCain and Palin are using this pregnant teenager to try to distract the country from the important issues. They say the pregnancy is a private family matter, so why is McCain posing for photos with the girl's fiance, and why is the girl going to the convention? You can bet little pregnant Bristol will be in the spotlight at the convention, which is exactly what her mother and John McCain want.. It is absolutely disgusting.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Im-at-work. Show Im-at-work's posts

i believe McCain's choice was Liebermann. It would have been a very bold & gutsy move - and would have highlighted McCain's independence from the Rep lock-step thinking & illustrated a certain amount of bi-partisanship.

But...the Reps were having none of it. Not only would the religious far-right be out of the picture, as the leader of his party, McCain would be in a strong position to re-fashion the philosophy & image of the Reps away from religious nuts & zealots and more toward the average American family.

The far-right saw this & put pressure; McCain got pushed into taking on a running mate who might be a very nice woman and very capable politician in Alaska (population: same as Rhode Island), but who needs more seasoning, & more experience at the national level.

So, instead of projecting the image that would have won him votes across party lines, McCain now looks like he got bamboozled by the "Christian family-values" crowd, and his much-heralded "independence" doesn't look terribly strong if he can't get past the far-right.

I kind of feel a lot of sympahty for both McCain & Palin.

I would have seriously considered voting for McCain is he had built the platform I think he wanted. But the outcome of this running-mate process makes me think that either he doesn't "have it", or the Reps are determined have their way no matter who is representing them or what he says or stands for. I certainly can't support that kind of fascism.

I think Palin might have been a promising politician with a few more years of experience and perhaps a term at the national level for exposure to national, military, or foreign policy issues. Instead, she was rushed to the forefront to serve some crass appeasement of the ultra-right; depending on how this all turns out, this could bring an end to her career and sour a lot of young people on the notion of serving in politics. In any event, it will certainly strain her family who could not possibly have been prepared for the kind of attention they are getting/will be getting over the next 60 days.

A shame all around, but I don't get the impression that McCain is to blame for this.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kurtmatthew. Show kurtmatthew's posts

I am voting Green anyways, Vote McKinney!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UglyMoe. Show UglyMoe's posts

Three times John McCain placed Ms. Palin on his "pork lists":

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-earmarks3-2008sep03,0,2482434.story

I wonder what John McCain thinks of us to nominate her for the job of Vice President now?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WRADU. Show WRADU's posts

[Quote]
    Are you kidding me???? A heartbeat away from the Presidency - I don't think so!!! What was he thinking ( or was he thinking at all !!?? )
    [/Quote]

Exactly what experience does Obama have that makes him more qualified to be the president than Palin?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

"She was a city councilor and mayor of Wasilla at a time when the town of about 9,000 people received $27 million worth of earmarks after hiring a Washington lobbying firm. The projects included $15 million for a rail commuter line to Anchorage, which benefited Wasilla and other communities on the route, as well as $800,000 for an airport, $1 million for a transit center, and $2.4 million for water and sewer projects."

The numbers don't make sense for a town with under 9,000. How can a liittle town in the middle of absolutely nowhere secure $27 million from the Feds for local projects? I've been involved with MA local government for the past 25 years and the Feds are the ones sending huge bills assoicated with heavy-handded mandates for stormwater, wastewater discharge, education, public safety. I've never heard of a community with such a successful track record in putting their hands DEEP into the pocket of Uncle Sam- Wow.

Palin's claim needs to be investiagated. It doesn't make sense.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

I have to agree with Aces a few comments back: Pawlenty came across as very smooth and quite conservative. But I guess they needed more storyline than that... and boy did they get it.

And please avoid the argument of Palin having "military experience" because she is commander of the National Guard: all governors have that going for them. Did she ever actually use her authority in her 20 month tenure?

But the Russians did not invade Alaska's shores so that shows foreign policy acumen and military skill... Right.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hssak1. Show hssak1's posts

May be she will turn out to be OK but the decision making process was hasty and unwise and certainly will hurt McCain in November

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rnich. Show rnich's posts

WRADU: What experience does Obama have?? Well to start he is SMART. I would take a Columbia and Harvard Law grad over someone who graduated 894 out of 899 at a Naval Academy any day.. Maybe you Republicans dont think so, but many people think our President should be intelligent... 7 years as Illinois Senator, 4 years as US Senator. Most importantly, Obama is someone who can repair our image in the world and our relationships with our allies after all the damage Bush has done.. Again, apparently the Republicans dont think so, but most people would not consider us to be a safer country when the rest of the world hates us.. I do agree Obama would be a stronger candidate with more experience, but I also feel the most important quality in a President is good judgement and intelligence.
    By the way, what qualifies McCain other than the fact that he is a "hero" and a "patriot"??? It would appear that he is running for President on the platform that he is a hero and a patriot.. If he has anything to say about getting us out of Iraq or improving our economy, I'd love to hear it...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from car402. Show car402's posts

First of all, with this fear of her being a "hearbeat away from the presidency" in case anything happens to McCain....because he is old....HELLO?....his mom is STILL alive....SHE's 95!...so that is kind of a moot point to me right now.

I think Sarah Palin is a breath of fresh air...I am interested in seeing what she has to say, especially about Alaska oil. She was featured over the weekend in an older interview speaking about how the pipeline is already set up and not being used to capacity....she knows what she is talking about. Hey, if she can figure out a way to get gas prices down, I'll listen. Sure beats listening to all the windbags this year, in both parties.

If she were a man, we wouldn't be talking about her ability to take care of her special needs child or preggo daughter.....would we? We aren't given more than we can handle in life, and frankly, she seems like she can handle it an then some.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jssssb1. Show jssssb1's posts

Palin is NOT running for President, yet she has MORE experience than the Democrats wind-bag Obama. She doesn't pander to the media and her own party like the hip hop Barack Hussein Obama. She is a down to earth REAL American. She is a breath of fresh air in this presidential race. And she's easy on the eyes, unlike Biden and Barack who are similar to Dumb and Dumber.

You know the Republicans have hit it the nail on the head by selecting Palin when every liberal media outlet is trying to knock her down. Dem's should be afraid, very afraid. One of the major networks had reporter(s) in Alaska trying to dig up dirt on her. Maybe we should send reporters to Egypt to find out about Obamas family.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapiOrtiz. Show BigPapiOrtiz's posts

I don't understand how someone would run for VP if their daughter was going through a teen pregnancy. Exposing something like that on center stage for all of the world to see and criticize says a lot about Palin's priorities and judgement. The sad thing is that they're championing the fact that her daughter is keeping the baby and is getting married to the father. Marriage at 17. Who's decision was that? What kind of person would put their child in that situation to get the VP nod?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WRADU. Show WRADU's posts

Again, Exactly what experience does Obama have that makes him more qualified to be the president than Palin?

THE SILENCE IS DEAFENING!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

[Quote]I don't understand how someone would run for VP if their daughter was going through a teen pregnancy. Exposing something like that on center stage for all of the world to see and criticize says a lot about Palin's priorities and judgement. The sad thing is that they're championing the fact that her daughter is keeping the baby and is getting married to the father. Marriage at 17. Who's decision was that? What kind of person would put their child in that situation to get the VP nod?[/Quote]

TWO WORDS- HUGE EGO

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapiOrtiz. Show BigPapiOrtiz's posts

[Quote]Palin is NOT running for President, yet she has MORE experience than the Democrats wind-bag Obama. She doesn't pander to the media and her own party like the hip hop Barack Hussein Obama. She is a down to earth REAL American. She is a breath of fresh air in this presidential race. And she's easy on the eyes, unlike Biden and Barack who are similar to Dumb and Dumber.

You know the Republicans have hit it the nail on the head by selecting Palin when every liberal media outlet is trying to knock her down. Dem's should be afraid, very afraid. One of the major networks had reporter(s) in Alaska trying to dig up dirt on her. Maybe we should send reporters to Egypt to find out about Obamas family.[/Quote]

I honestly can't believe that people like you are allowed to vote. Egypt?? What the hell does that have to do with anything?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jssssb1. Show jssssb1's posts

Someone who values life and family. Not afraid to stand up for their child and family while facing adversity. You yourself would probably take the Democrat/Liberal path out of this by hiding and killing the baby while suing the father for support and ultimately go on welfare due to the stress.
    Are you just a weak individual?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from car402. Show car402's posts

We had a president who was sleeping with an intern while he was in office and everyone is worried about a teen pregnancy? How quickly this is forgotten. So what if this was planned, sure threw the media into a frenzied panic. ha ha!....caught off guard much?.... way to go McCain....

wah, don't like it when we play dirty!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WRADU. Show WRADU's posts

[Quote]WRADU: What experience does Obama have?? Well to start he is SMART. I would take a Columbia and Harvard Law grad over someone who graduated 894 out of 899 at a Naval Academy any day.. Maybe you Republicans dont think so, but many people think our President should be intelligent... 7 years as Illinois Senator, 4 years as US Senator. Most importantly, Obama is someone who can repair our image in the world and our relationships with our allies after all the damage Bush has done.. Again, apparently the Republicans dont think so, but most people would not consider us to be a safer country when the rest of the world hates us.. I do agree Obama would be a stronger candidate with more experience, but I also feel the most important quality in a President is good judgement and intelligence.
    By the way, what qualifies McCain other than the fact that he is a "hero" and a "patriot"??? It would appear that he is running for President on the platform that he is a hero and a patriot.. If he has anything to say about getting us out of Iraq or improving our economy, I'd love to hear it...[/Quote]

McCains plans for a IRAQ and the economy are well articulated on his campaign website. McCain has proven that he can reach across the isle to work with Democrats, ie immigration, campaign finance reform. Well as far as the 'smarter argument'. Remember President Bush had better grades from Yale than Sen. Kerry and he attended Harvard Business School, and I am sure you are not a big fan of his. Per your argument, anyone that attended harvard law school and an ivy league college is quallified to be president.....btw how does one become editor of the harvard law review without ever writing one article???

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WRADU. Show WRADU's posts

[Quote]WRADU: What experience does Obama have?? Well to start he is SMART. I would take a Columbia and Harvard Law grad over someone who graduated 894 out of 899 at a Naval Academy any day.. Maybe you Republicans dont think so, but many people think our President should be intelligent... 7 years as Illinois Senator, 4 years as US Senator. Most importantly, Obama is someone who can repair our image in the world and our relationships with our allies after all the damage Bush has done.. Again, apparently the Republicans dont think so, but most people would not consider us to be a safer country when the rest of the world hates us.. I do agree Obama would be a stronger candidate with more experience, but I also feel the most important quality in a President is good judgement and intelligence.
    By the way, what qualifies McCain other than the fact that he is a "hero" and a "patriot"??? It would appear that he is running for President on the platform that he is a hero and a patriot.. If he has anything to say about getting us out of Iraq or improving our economy, I'd love to hear it...[/Quote]

McCains plans for a IRAQ and the economy are well articulated on his campaign website. McCain has proven that he can reach across the isle to work with Democrats, ie immigration, campaign finance reform. Well as far as the 'smarter argument'. Remember President Bush had better grades from Yale than Sen. Kerry and he attended Harvard Business School, and I am sure you are not a big fan of his. Per your argument, anyone that attended harvard law school and an ivy league college is quallified to be president.....btw how does one become editor of the harvard law review without ever writing one article???

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from car402. Show car402's posts

[Quote]Someone who values life and family. Not afraid to stand up for their child and family while facing adversity. You yourself would probably take the Democrat/Liberal path out of this by hiding and killing the baby while suing the father for support and ultimately go on welfare due to the stress.
    Are you just a weak individual?[/Quote]

well said.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rnich. Show rnich's posts

car402... Clinton is not running in this election, didn't you know? I believe the only candidate in this election who cheated on his wife is JOHN MCCAIN.. Or didn't you know? As you say, how quickly this is forgotten, huh? Some character he has....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rnich. Show rnich's posts

[Quote]Someone who values life and family. Not afraid to stand up for their child and family while facing adversity. You yourself would probably take the Democrat/Liberal path out of this by hiding and killing the baby while suing the father for support and ultimately go on welfare due to the stress.
    Are you just a weak individual?[/Quote]

What do you mean "Not afraid to stand up for their child and family?" Sarah Palin is USING HER PREGNANT DAUGHTER to rally support? Do you really think she is standing up for and protecting her daughter? One second she is saying this is a private family matter and the next the daughters fiance is posing for pictures with McCain.. If she's trying to keep this, why are the daughter and fiance going to the convention? I guarantee 100% the pregnant daughter will be showed off tonight.. Way to protect her...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapiOrtiz. Show BigPapiOrtiz's posts

If you cared about your family you wouldn't expose them like that. Period. There's nothing adverse about making your daughter the country's next Jamie Lynn Spears.

Palin's a terrible decision. If McCain dropped dead 2 days into his presidency (he's old enough, it's possible), she'd have no clue what to do.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from funkmeister. Show funkmeister's posts

Palins daughter is not at fault for anything, but her mother and father are, not paying enough attention to there kids to notice that the daughter was living a premiscious lifestyle and probably got pregnant out of a need for attention. Shame on Palin!!!!!!!!!!!