McCain's Roll of the Dice

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rnich. Show rnich's posts

[Quote]

McCains plans for a IRAQ and the economy are well articulated on his campaign website. McCain has proven that he can reach across the isle to work with Democrats, ie immigration, campaign finance reform. Well as far as the 'smarter argument'. Remember President Bush had better grades from Yale than Sen. Kerry and he attended Harvard Business School, and I am sure you are not a big fan of his. Per your argument, anyone that attended harvard law school and an ivy league college is quallified to be president.....btw how does one become editor of the harvard law review without ever writing one article???[/Quote]

McCain's website was created by a publicity agent.. McCain has admitted himself on many occasions that the economy is not his strong suit.. Great just what we need now.. And his only plan for Iraq is to stay there and send more troops for "as long as it takes"... Great, another George Bush. You are right I am not a fan of Bush. I am not arguing that anyone that Harvard Law and Columbia is qualified to become President, I am arguing that I do not want a President who graduated in the bottom 5 out of a class of 900 at a Naval Academy for President. That doesn't bode well.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from car402. Show car402's posts

He's/She's not?...really?, you're kidding? Talk about character?.... neither of those two have any character just an agenda...thank goodness that fiasco is almost gone...although they are going kicking and screaming.

I didn't say I was a big fan of John McCain, yes, I did know that he cheated....but it's all to convenient to forget that a sitting president was screwing around while he is in office on my time shows completely digusting character.

The problem is that no one know's Sarah Palin's character...and that is probably a good thing... the fear of the unknown always stirs the pot.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Michelle2112. Show Michelle2112's posts

[I agree with you and it sickens me that we are "championing" this girl's pregnancy and applauding her decision to "not have an abortion" but is "going to marry her boyfriend" and start a family. Isn't that cute! But the real bottom line is that this underage girl had unprotected sex with a partner who was not her spouse (and no it didn't happen the first and only time). This same act could have led to a STD or even HIV. That wouldn't be so cute then would it! I don't want to make this girl the poster girl for sex education but the next girl this happens to, who's mom is not a Govenor, may have to deal with the seriousness of underage parenting or even HIV with little or no resources. By the way, her mom cut the budget to an agency in Alaska that provides housing, childcare and skills training to young unwed mothers. I guess if you arent' 17, pregant and have rich parents, then too bad for you.]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AguaCaliente. Show AguaCaliente's posts

Anyone who truly believes that the 17 y/o daughter's pregnancy was known about before the selection - well, I have three bridges, two tunnels, and an oil well I would be willing to consider selling to you at a fair price.

I think the Dems are making a huge mistake by saying that "family is off limits." You can be sure that if the tables were turned, family would no way be off limits to the Republicans. Where the Dems should be acting like "no more Mr. Nice Guy," instead they are holding out a helping hand for their opponents.

Me, I'm gonna vote for Barack anyway - but I love the "I'd Sleep With the Veep" avatar going around.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedecider. Show thedecider's posts

Palin is a disaster of a pick. An unvetted disaster, which points up that McCain hasn’t a clue as to what he’s doing.

Let’s see, Palin ran the 527 for, and has been endorsed by Alaska Senator Ted Stevens, who’s presently under indictment for bribery and corruption. Palin used Stevens to secure lobbyists to help land millions in earmarks for her tiny Alaska town, Wasilla, to the point that Wasilla twice ended up on McCain’s list of towns that were feeding at the government earmark trough. That’s reform?

Palin is under investigation for using her political office to get her former brother in law fired, and now she’s lawyering up and refusing to testify, even though up until now she stated that she would cooperate. Executive privilege.

She and her husband were members of and appeared at the Alaska Independent Party convention, a group which wants to secede from the USA, and whos founder Joe Vogler had this to say:
    ..."The fires of hell are frozen glaciers compared to my hatred for the American government"..... Palins husband was registered member with the AIP until at least 2002. BTW, The AIP founder was eventually murdered in a plastic explosives deal gone bad, according to police. How Mavericky!

Palin wants to teach creationism in public schools, and attempted to ban books in public libraries. Executive privilege. The list is a mile long and growing with Palin.

This pick is laughable on it’s face, but the real irony is that McCain is keeping her locked away in Cheney’s bunker, far from any questions about her “experience”, while he uses her daughter as a shield. Today, McCain staged a photo op at the airport so he could greet Levi Johnston, the father of Plains daughters’ child.

Byron York of the National Review Online had this to say today:

“Perhaps I'm focusing on an irrelevant issue, but the presence, or non-presence, of Johnston on the stage tonight strikes me as important. It's one thing for delegates to be understanding and compassionate about the fix these two teenagers have gotten themselves into. It's another to actually celebrate it. And, given what we've learned in the last few days, if Johnston is up on stage with his girlfriend and the Palin family, and Republicans are wildly cheering, it will certainly look like they are celebrating this situation.

I don't usually engage in these scenarios, but I'll do it here. If the Obamas had a 17 year-old daughter who was unmarried and pregnant by a tough-talking black kid, my guess is if that they all appeared onstage at a Democratic convention and the delegates were cheering wildly, a number of conservatives might be discussing the issue of dysfunctional black families.”

The GOP is going down in flames.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bbcca. Show bbcca's posts

Exactly what kind of family values are Ms. Palin and Mr. McCain advocating? Palin's children have only one mother but the GOP should have plenty of VP candidate materails (or do they?!) Perhaps Mr. McCain feels she is useful for his purposes but those who needs her the most appear to be her children, not least because she's chosen to bring to this world a baby born with Down syndrome!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tangent. Show tangent's posts

Nobody seems to notice that during all of this Summer, that Barrack Obama is the one war mongering now. Proposing a troop surge in Afghanistan. Saying we will go into nuclear armed Pakistan to get bin laden. Seems that when Obama was a State legislator in Springfield, Illinois 5 years ago he was able to make wise decisions about not going to war, but put him in the spotlight and make him run for office and now you get a guy that will push a new war on us just to pander a few swing votes.

As for Palin. Governor beats US Senator in the experience game for the presidency. Most US presidents have either been governors or Vice Presidents first. Only 5 presidents have been US Senators immediately before being elected. Governors are executives, US Senators are self important wannabees. If there was a governor to vote for the top job I wouldn't vote for either senator.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rnich. Show rnich's posts

[Quote]matty-in-the-morning......why are you obama-nation-types making such a stink about her, is she so threatening to your feable cause?

Gosh, when was the last time we had so much about a VP nom, it's really pathetic, you guys must be so afraid that you've made a bad decision and can't change it back.

You're makin' my point.........[/Quote]

Typical Republican logic: The more criticism a politician receives the more qualified they are... Oh, and I am not an Obama-nation-type... Up until McCain's VP announcement, I was planning on voting for him (reluctantly)... This decision just woke me up as to how bad his judgement is...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Michelle2112. Show Michelle2112's posts

[Quote]

So, you are saying any woman with a child who has special needs is not abloe to care for her child and work?

Wow, do you think they should be allowed to vote??

[Reality check - there are huge numbers of women who take jobs that are more amenable to working mothers. Not every working mother with small children want a job that requires a lot of travel. Many defer jobs that will require a huge committment of time such as 40+hours a week/work on weekends/travelling, etc. until their children are older. They don't make enough to have the husband stay at home or pay for childcare in the home. Many women have to work but want a schedule that allows them time at home with their families in the evenings and with their weekends free. The VP of the USA is not ever going to be a 9-5 job.]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rnich. Show rnich's posts

[Quote]

My God, where is this blog coming from? Moosejerk, Alaska? She's a KOOK, people-- she wants to teach creationism in science class, open up ANWR, doesn't think polar bears are in trouble, belonged to some nutty fringe-militia-like Alaska Secesionist group (AIP), used her office to launch a personal vendetta against her brother-in-law, doesn't believe global warming is caused by human activity, loves to slaughter animals (especially from the air-- what fun!) she vetoed funds for homeless unwed mothers (typical Repukelican hypocrisy), almost was recalled as mayor, says that the war in Iraq is a mission from God, wants to turn her kooky religious beliefs into federal legsilation (no abortion, so sex ed ("dirty talk") wars are "missions from God") and 20 months ago was part-time mayor of a village of 6000.

Bush is a nightmare, McAlzheimers is a continuation of it, but McBridges to Nowhere is a nightmare on acid. No wonder other countries laugh at us. This first 'executive decision' from McCain has NOTHING TO DO with 'for country first.' It's to GET ELECTED FIRST and he hopes that most Americans are as dumb as some of the comments on here. One more time: the repukelican party has one agenda: THE RICH GET RICHER. Throw these bums and kooks out!

[/Quote]

Biscuitboy, you are right, but that is all completely irrelevant. The ONLY important thing is that she is PRO CHOICE. Nothing else matters!!! Oh, except that she is pro-guns and likes to hunt!!! Oh, did I mention that she's ANTI ABORTION??? Oh, and did you hear, John McCain was a POW!! And he is a HERO!! And he is so PATRIOTIC!!! Come on jump on this bandwagon, it is so much fun... All you have to do is learn to stick your head in the sand and forget about all the serious issues facing our country.. McCain and Palin are great!!! Yeaaaaahhh!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tangent. Show tangent's posts

Oh and that state trooper that y'all are coming to the defense of is a guy that apparently tasered his own step son, which is Sarah Palin's young nephew and he also allegedly beat his wife. And Sarah Palin's husband doesn't have a right to ask the public safety commissioner to look into it? This trooper took his service weapon into his own home to torture his own step son!!! What is wrong with you people?

And the big scandal is that the commissioner that wouldn't lift his finger to look into it is fired? Democrats are reaching on this one.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bbcca. Show bbcca's posts

[Quote]Oh and that state trooper that y'all are coming to the defense of is a guy that apparently tasered his own step son, which is Sarah Palin's young nephew and he also allegedly beat his wife. And Sarah Palin's husband doesn't have a right to ask the public safety commissioner to look into it? This trooper took his service weapon into his own home to torture his own step son!!! What is wrong with you people?

And the big scandal is that the commissioner that wouldn't lift his finger to look into it is fired? Democrats are reaching on this one.[/Quote]

And the source of your info is ...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmatthew68. Show kmatthew68's posts

[Quote]Here's how I see it:

The media is very predictable. Everyone assumed either Romney, Leiberman or Gov. Pawlenty.

McCain being very smart and showing the ability to maintain secrecy waits until; after the dems convention and then say's BAM it's Gov. Palin!
    The media goes into panic mode and the first thing they can think of is "she has no experience". This is absurd since she has more than Obama and it doesn't set well with independent women!
    Then they turn to the blogs to dig up some dirt. Daily Ko's pulls the story of baby Trig not being Sarah's but, her daughters and that it's all a cover up out of their a55.
    The McCain/Palin camp was waiting for this and immediately stated that Sarah's daughter is in fact 5 months pregnant making it impossible for Trig to be hers!! oops!
    Then the libs start claiming she's not being a good mom by taking the VP nomination because she has too many kids and one has special needs!!

What?????

Since when do women have to put their careers off to raise a family when they have husbands and equal rights???

Oh, this may have been planned alright, and brilliantly!![/Quote]

I love TBoater. McCain could have exhumed Hitler and put him on the ticket and Tboater would be noting how the pick totally knocked the Democrats off balance.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

THEDECIDER- Very well said. I offended that her itsy bitsy town in the middle of Nowheresville raked in $27 million in GOP pork. Can any of the McShame defenders explain how this is possible in an era declining federal assistance to local government?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aynnie. Show aynnie's posts

You go, buiscuit boy! You said everything I wanted to.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcesOverKings. Show AcesOverKings's posts

[Quote]I think the Dems are making a huge mistake by saying that "family is off limits." [/Quote]

Really? I wonder how Obama would look if Republicans took photos of George Obama, Barack's half-brother, currently living in squalor and filth in the slums of Nairobi. I wonder if poor George got the memo that his brother enjoyed windfall book profits to the tune of $4 million dollars last year?

And then for Obama to tell Rick Warren that "America's" biggest moral failing is "that we fail to live up to that basic precept of Matthew -- 'What you do for the least of my brothers, you do for me.'"

ARE. YOU. KIDDING. ME?

Oh? What's that? You'd like to keep families off-limits in this campaign? Yeah, that's what I thought.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[Quote] I think the Dems are making a huge mistake by saying that "family is off limits." You can be sure that if the tables were turned, family would no way be off limits to the Republicans. Where the Dems should be acting like "no more Mr. Nice Guy," instead they are holding out a helping hand for their opponents.
    [/Quote]

I disagree: the media is doing a fine job of exposing the hypocrisy of the theory and practice of Republican Family Values. Sure if the tables were turned the Republicans would be in attack mode, but that is one of the reasons why the Democrats are different.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedecider. Show thedecider's posts

Didn't Palin come out the other day and say that she was "against the bridge to nowhere", as evidence of her "reformer" credentials?

Apparently that's not true. Shocking I know!

“Palin said Alaska’s congressional delegation worked hard to obtain funding for the bridge as part of a package deal and that she ‘would not stand in the way of the progress toward that bridge.”

Ketchikan Daily News 9/2006

http://www.balloon-juice.com/?p=11217

Isn't lying through your teeth a sin?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from aynnie. Show aynnie's posts

What's the matter, the muslim terrorist thing didn't work out? Now it's the half brother in Africa living in a hut?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

I hate to point out the obvious, but this "heartbeat away" thing is starting to get on my nerves. Cheney is currently a heartbeat away from the Presidency. If Obama wins, Biden will be a heartbeat away.

Young people die all the time. It's not as if people in their 70s have a monopoly on heart attacks. Or car accidents. Or getting hit by a falling tree. Any VP candiate should be willing and able to take over, no matter how young and healthy the Presidential candiate is.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomSinMA. Show TomSinMA's posts

As if all the current stuff wasnt enough, MSNBC reported today that a key aide to Palin changed his mjind and will not testify in the investigation into abuse of power by Palin. This is the same guy that was caught on tape arguing for the fiding of the trooper ex-bother-in-law. somehwere in the vicinity of 20 members of Palin administration called to advocate for the firing. And the plot thickens. Can we say COVERUP?? Personally, I dont think she's make it to election day. Stay Tuned!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

[Quote]

If it was a man and father of a special needs child who had a wife to help would you feel the same way??[/Quote]

Yes. Especially if the child in question were five months old, probably still nursing, and had four older siblings who also needed parents, one of whom was about to become a parent herself.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

[Quote]Someone who values life and family. Not afraid to stand up for their child and family while facing adversity. You yourself would probably take the Democrat/Liberal path out of this by hiding and killing the baby while suing the father for support and ultimately go on welfare due to the stress.
    Are you just a weak individual?[/Quote]

If you're going to start making personal attacks, could you avoid being silly? Everyone knows you can't get child support after having an abortion.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

[Quote]

McCain could have exhumed Hitler and put him on the ticket and Tboater would be noting how the pick totally knocked the Democrats off balance.[/Quote]

And, yet - Hitler's bloated corpse? A better VP than Cheney. And a better President than Bush, for that matter.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReasonedReply. Show ReasonedReply's posts

I'd like to see a return to legitimate, reasoned examination of issues.
    It is a reasonable point of discussion for a person running for public office, who advocates certain absolute public policy decisions, who has personal situations that stand in stark contrast to those positions.

Asking, "I want to know, what does a Vice President do?"
    Invoking the Almighty's will as justification for a war?
    Taking the occasion of one's 17 yr old daughter's unplanned, out of wedlock pregnancy with another minor and exulting that she's going to keep the baby? (unlike those liberals who stay up late at night thinking of ways to kill babies and live off welfare)
    How about a bit of authenticity? Like, Geez this is tough. She's so young.
    Then let's look at the GOP platform:
    Abstinence only "sex" education.

Well, on the religious side... this is a sin. Not a mistake.
    On the policy side... this is an outcome of refusal to use condoms, or contraception.
    It is reasonable to draw inferences and see social outcomes from positions they hold.