1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

News of the Day: Cheney has heart transplant

Now a liberal.

And...

Obama considers new healthcare mandate.

Smile.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

Re: News of the Day: Cheney has heart transplant

Somehow I'm guessing Obama didn't send him a get well wish.  Typical angry intolerant divisive liberal.  Why can't we all get along???

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In Response to Re: News of the Day: Cheney has heart transplant:
    [QUOTE]He's lucky he got one before such a procedure would be prohibited for someone his age. Cheney with a new heart...... Now if they could develop a brain transplant for Obama perhaps the economy would be allowed to recover instead of being sacrificed in the name of "fairness" and "social and economic justice".
    Posted by Newtster[/QUOTE]

You will have a different view after you have had your heart procedure.  We have scheduled it for Monday.  Don't be late.  And it is free...

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

Most transplant teams set an informal eligibility limit of 70 years on candidates needing a heart, as they are in huge demand.  Several hundred people younger than Cheney will die this year on a waiting list....WWJD in Cheney's position?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rushfan2112. Show Rushfan2112's posts

[QUOTE]Most transplant teams set an informal eligibility limit of 70 years on candidates needing a heart, as they are in huge demand.  Several hundred people younger than Cheney will die this year on a waiting list....WWJD in Cheney's position?
    Posted by UserName99[/QUOTE]

I don't think there is an established age restriction on transplants...at least not that I could come up with after looking it up.  Can you provide a source?

Odd, I would think people would wish the man to recover, but instead they let politics get in the way.  

How very compassionate.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: News of the Day: Cheney has heart transplant : I don't think there is an established age restriction on transplants...at least not that I could come up with after looking it up.  Can you provide a source? Odd, I would think people would wish the man to recover, but instead they let politics get in the way.   How very compassionate.
    Posted by Rushfan2112[/QUOTE]

The 70 year figure came from this attached link.  It is not an official law, more of a 'rule-of-thumb' used by transplant teams (doctors)

http://vitals.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/25/10855120-cheney-too-old-for-transplant-bioethicist-weighs-in

Oh...And I made no political statement, nor did I wish that he not recover.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rushfan2112. Show Rushfan2112's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: News of the Day: Cheney has heart transplant : The 70 year figure came from this attached link.  It is not an official rule, more of a 'rule-of-thumb' used by transplant teams (doctors) http://vitals.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/25/10855120-cheney-too-old-for-transplant-bioethicist-weighs-in Oh...And I made no political statement, nor did I wish that he not recover.

Sorry, I take back the politics part.  

The ultimate criteria to determine a match is medical, and beyond that the rules are not hard set.  The article you cited even said as much and there is a lot to consider.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: News of the Day: Cheney has heart transplant : The 70 year figure came from this attached link.  It is not an official law, more of a 'rule-of-thumb' used by transplant teams (doctors) http://vitals.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/25/10855120-cheney-too-old-for-transplant-bioethicist-weighs-in Oh...And I made no political statement, nor did I wish that he not recover.
    The age issue is a reasonable debate, especially with the costs and scarcity of resources.

11. This post has been removed.