No Ma'am

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

No Ma'am

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-902515

Senator Dianne Feinstein,

I will not register my weapons should this bill be passed, as I do not believe it is the government's right to know what I own. Nor do I think it prudent to tell you what I own so that it may be taken from me by a group of people who enjoy armed protection yet decry me having the same a crime. You ma'am have overstepped a line that is not your domain. I am a Marine Corps Veteran of 8 years, and I will not have some woman who proclaims the evil of an inanimate object, yet carries one, tell me I may not have one.

I am not your subject. I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America.
    I am the man who fought for my country. I am the man who learned. I am an American. You will not tell me that I must register my semi-automatic AR-15 because of the actions of some evil man.

I will not be disarmed to suit the fear that has been established by the media and your misinformation campaign against the American public.

We, the people, deserve better than you.

Respectfully Submitted,
    Joshua Boston
    Cpl, United States Marine Corps
    2004-2012

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

Re: No Ma'am

Good way for this misogynist to get himself on a watch list.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

In response to UserName99's comment:

Spoken like a good little statist...

How is this misogynistic?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Not the way to make the Marine Corp proud, not at all.  

I have a friend who did 3 tours with the Marines (over 6 years), who had to have himself voluntarily institutionalized last year because of his PTSD and other mental health issues that he cannot deal with, and part of that was from carrying around firearms on his person for months on end; he knows all too well what firearms do, how much they weigh, and what their proper purpose is.  He would no sooner own one in his civilian life than the man in the moon.   

I agree, this guy is a narcissistic mysogynist, and his letter is not only an embarrassment to the Marines,  it serves to shine nothing but a negative light on the problem.   

BTW, SB, you have such good taste in music, and then this ...?   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

And speaking of misogynism...

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2013-01-01/delhi/36093841_1_gun-licences-inheritance-clause-delhi-cops

NEW DELHI: The horrific attack on Nirbhaya has led to a spurt in requests for gun licences from women. Since December 18, the day the news of the brutal gang rape appeared in newspapers, the licensing department of Delhi Police has received a total of 274 applications from women. In addition, it has also been flooded with hundreds of queries on how to obtain a licence.

I think every woman in the world should be trained in the use of arms and own a weapon. That would do far more for women's rights world wide then what all of the NOW or Code Pink left wing screamers could possibly do.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

BTW, SB, you have such good taste in music, and then this ...?

My appreciation for art has never been an impediment for my appreciation for liberty.

Again, how is Corporal Boston a misogynist?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

I have a friend who did 3 tours with the Marines (over 6 years), who had to have himself voluntarily institutionalized last year because of his PTSD and other mental health issues that he cannot deal with, and part of that was from carrying around firearms on his person for months on end; he knows all too well what firearms do, how much they weigh, and what their proper purpose is.  He would no sooner own one in his civilian life than the man in the moon.

I sympathize and respect both his service and his decision. However, that in no way reflects on the decisions of the millions of responsible gun owners in this country.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

Again, how is Corporal Boston a misogynist?

There is an implication, and you have it right in your subject header.   But more than that, I'd just call the guy someone who is using his military service to bolster an argument, and it's very inappropriate.    He's not her "servant" --  he's not her "peasant' -- what does that have to do with the issue?  

And BTW, you never heard of mace?  The police use it all the time.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

There is an implication, and you have it right in your subject header.   But more than that, I'd just call the guy someone who is using his military service to bolster an argument, and it's very inappropriate.    He's not her "servant" --  he's not her "peasant' -- what does that have to do with the issue?

I disagree. He has every right, perhaps more so due to his personal sacrifice, to speak out. Also, There is nothing in his letter that speaks specifically to Sen. Feinstien's gender except for the honorific that he uses to indicate respect and the use of the term "woman." The letter could have just as easily been sent to Biden or Obama with very minor editing.

[QUOTE]And BTW, you never heard of mace?  The police use it all the time.[/QUOTE]

Firearms are more effective. The police use them all the time too ;-)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to UserName99's comment:

Spoken like a good little statist...

How is this misogynistic?

[/QUOTE]

"I will not have some woman..."  A touch of misogyny perhaps.

I suppose this guy will also refuse to register his car too.  

I am an American too and I support keeping track of these weapons and banning the worst of them and no corporal is going to tell me I can't pursue such a plan.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

While this sort of thing warms the cockles of the anti government types, it is utter nonsense.  First Cpl Boston indicates in his first sentence that should additional legislation be passed he will willingly ignore the law if applicable to him.  And even though he notes that legislation may require registration of certain weapons, he goes from a declaration of intent to ignore the law, to stating that it may becomes a means for confiscating weapons, to claiming Feinstein says he can't have a gun. 

This is little more than unhinged rhetoric and the fact that he served in the armed forces does not give Cpl Boston any special rights regarding what laws he may obey

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

I sympathize and respect both his service and his decision. However, that in no way reflects on the decisions of the millions of responsible gun owners in this country.

Thank you.   However ... to your point, it was a counterpoint.   The letter writer shows a great deal about his MO with the tone in his letter, and if you don't see it that way, then perhaps you are reading from a different perspective (and a different side of your brain) than I am. ;-)

And, uh, yes, the police use firearms all the time because it goes with the territory; they are also trained.    I watch "Blue Bloods", I know, I get it.  :)

As for your rock music, you do know that the violence portrayed in it is contributing, if not causing the problem, don't you?    hahahaha.   Deal with it.  :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

"I will not have some woman..."  A touch of misogyny perhaps.

If he were speaking to a male it would have been: "I will not have some man..." He refers to her as a woman because that is what she is, nothing more. Sometimes a tall building is just a tall building...

I suppose this guy will also refuse to register his car too.

That would be silly, the ownership of a car is not enshrined in the constitution. On the other hand, I would join him in refusing to allow a black box that recorded my whereabouts in my car.

I am an American too and I support keeping track of these weapons and banning the worst of them and no corporal is going to tell me I can't pursue such a plan.

Do I detect a touch of anti-military here? Seriously, this is a far bigger issue than the simple registry of weapons. All tyranical regimes first move to register weapon before moving to remove them from the populace. This is a fact of history that continues to this day.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

First Cpl Boston indicates in his first sentence that should additional legislation be passed he will willingly ignore the law if applicable to him.

Civil disobedience has a long history and an appropriate place in this country.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

[QUOTE]Civil disobedience has a long history and an appropriate place in this country.

[/QUOTE]

And of course, civil disobedience isn't without consequence. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

As for your rock music, you do know that the violence portrayed in it is contributing, if not causing the problem, don't you?    hahahaha.   Deal with it.  :)

Yeah, I just know that it's a lot better for me to jump in my car and blast the Tool "Opiate" CD than it would be to take out my aggressiveness on the nearest nose.

Seriously, I have the same low opinion of the puritan right (and left!) mooks that want to ban "violence" in music, movies, or video games. Grow up people.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

And of course, civil disobedience isn't without consequence.

Agreed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

And speaking of misogynism...

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2013-01-01/delhi/36093841_1_gun-licences-inheritance-clause-delhi-cops

NEW DELHI: The horrific attack on Nirbhaya has led to a spurt in requests for gun licences from women. Since December 18, the day the news of the brutal gang rape appeared in newspapers, the licensing department of Delhi Police has received a total of 274 applications from women. In addition, it has also been flooded with hundreds of queries on how to obtain a licence.

I think every woman in the world should be trained in the use of arms and own a weapon. That would do far more for women's rights world wide then what all of the NOW or Code Pink left wing screamers could possibly do.

[/QUOTE]

You know, women above all should understand how the gun is the great equalizer.  Particularly those who hang around with liberal men who won't help them in their time of need.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You know, women above all should understand how the gun is the great equalizer.  Particularly those who hang around with liberal men who won't help them in their time of need.

[/QUOTE]

I read this and laughed out loud, knowing how Freud would have had a field day with it and with you.

You got problems, kid.  Seek help.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

shooter in san antonio theater taken dog by off duty police officer "good guy with a gun" yet most of the national media says nada!!

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57559506/shots-fired-patrons-panic-at-san-antonio-theater/

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

NO MA'AM

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I like the leap from registering a gun to being disarmed.  Or outlawing assault rifles to outlawing all guns.

Remember when Rent Control was in effect in Cambridge and parts of Boston?  The pro-rent control people wouldn't compromise at all over the issue of Rent Controlled units that had been converted into Condos (the owner could not live in the condo and had to rent it out).  Finally, the anti-rent control people got tired of messing around and made abolishing Rent Control a ballot question.  The result, rent control was made illegal.

Because the pro-rent control people were unwilling to compromise, they lost everything.

A lesson that seems lost on the NRA.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

I wish that these women had weapons and had been trained to use them. 

Six female aid workers and a male doctor were shot dead by gunmen in Pakistan yesterday in an attack believe to be linked to the recent murders of polio vaccination workers.

A child travelling in the vehicle was removed from the vehicle by the gunmen and replaced once the adults had been executed.

District police officer Abdur Rashid Khan said their vehicle was targeted as they returned home from work at a children's community centre run by Pakistani charity Ujala, or Light.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2255970/Seven-Pakistan-aid-workers-murdered-new-polio-revenge-attack-Killings-blamed-Taliban-avenging-Osama-bin-Laden.html#ixzz2GrsCND3Q