NY Times headline: "President Plans Decade-Long Effort to Map Human Brain"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

NY Times headline: "President Plans Decade-Long Effort to Map Human Brain"

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/18/science/project-seeks-to-build-map-of-human-brain.html?hp

Wow...and I thought the multi-talented Obama was off playing golf with Tiger Woods!

The Times headlines will never use Obama's name in relation to any story on the crappy economy, but hey, Obama is going to study the brain, what a genius.

It is science, of course, so we dumb rube conservatives better not object to it! The government bureaucrats may well study the conservative brain and decide surgery is warranted in every case...

"The project, which could ultimately cost billions of dollars, is expected to be part of the president’s budget proposal next month. And, four scientists and representatives of research institutions said they had participated in planning for what is being called the Brain Activity Map project."

"The details are not final, and it is not clear how much federal money would be proposed or approved for the project in a time of fiscal constraint or how far the research would be able to get without significant federal financing. "

"The initiative, if successful, could provide a lift for the economy.." Yeah, the poor sucker working hard at Wal Mart can expect a new job mapping the brain any day now.

Can we study the liberal brain and determine why spending billions we dont have stimulates their nerve cells to irrational levels?

The successful Human Genome Project had a specific and attainable goal , which was achieved...what is the specific measure of success or failure, for 'mapping the brain"? We await the big brains of liberal bureaucrats to enlighten us dummies.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Re: NY Times headline:

Certainly not a waste of money if, managed properly. I would rather see the govt do these types of studes as opposed to spending 10's of millions on the ecology of certain amphibians.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Certainly not wha the founding fathers intended as a government activity.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

It is science, of course, so we dumb rube conservatives better not object to it!

Unlike picking specific companies, this is general basic research into a relatively new and growing area.

This is exactly the type of science government should fund!

Like the giant collider that was canceled.

Why should the federal government fund it, particularly considering there is no amendment or enumeration that you can point to that allows it?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Just wait until we are all required to get our brains mapped when we go in to get our drivers licenses renewed.  The government will have a map of our brains and know what we are going to think before we do.  The government under Obama's Executive order will invoke proactive incarceration in order to lower the crime rate and make the need to document gun owenership unnecessary.

This msg brought to you by the tinfoil hat society.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

"Yet the brain remains one of the greatest scientific mysteries."

I would support $20 billion to study airborne ranger's brain...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Wow...and I thought the multi-talented Obama was off playing golf with Tiger Woods!

Wow, and here I thought that Obama was "focused on the economy like a laser." I guess his laser like focus tends to wander occasionally (I'm picturing the eye of Sauron here.) I wonder if he thinks that spending money on brain research is authorized by 57th amendment to the constitution or something.

And librul. Just because I like saying it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

I would support $20 billion to study airborne ranger's brain...

Tweezers and a microscope would hardly be worth $20b...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

"Have any of you conservatives actually..... read any history? And I don't mean watching The History Channel or O'Reilly"

Is that a rhetorical question, or just reinforcing your liberal smug prejudices about how smaat progressives are?

Yes, I have read dozens of books on American history, and am a published author on the subject,  thanks for asking...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

I wonder if he thinks that spending money on brain research is authorized by 57th amendment to the constitution or something

Yeah, uh, the founders didn't draft the Constitution like an appropriations bill.

Have any of you conservatives actually.....    read any history? And I don't mean watching The History Channel or O'Reilly.

Obviously we study history more than you, because, 9f you did, you would know that constitutionally, the only "science" that the federal government is allowed to fund is that which directly relates to an enumerated power.

That we violate the cosntitution in this regard does not make it right.