Obama arrogant?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonDotCom. Show BostonDotCom's posts

Obama arrogant?

Do you think presidential nominee Barack Obama is full of himself? Why or why not?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lrecliner. Show lrecliner's posts

Obama arrogant?

I am no fan of Obama, but having high self esteem is certainly a quality that I like in a leader. If he is "full of himself" then probably no more then McCain or anyone else.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cuchalain. Show cuchalain's posts

Obama arrogant?

he's full of what makes the grass grow green.

just like all the other pols

even though the SW has changed, BDC can still be counted on for deep insightful thread starters
    lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lnmonster. Show lnmonster's posts

Obama arrogant?

What a silly topic for discussion. Anyone with the slightest shred of humility would NEVER run for high office. There are no exceptions.

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."

- Douglas Adams

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

Obama arrogant?

No.

It's popular to think of all 'celebrities' (not necessarily a pejorative term) as conceited due to all the fawning and adulation they receive, but it's very often not the truth. Obama is clearly one of the most intelligent candidates to appear in quite some time, and there is an aversion in this country to people who are "book smart" or "intellectuals". The more educated are unfortunately seen as "above the rest of us"; big words are met with suspicion; new ideas are derided; faith and common sense often prevail over judgement and facts.

However, there is little doubt that Obama's campaign, as well as the man himself, has been the most publicized, scrutinized and analyzed campaign in history. He is indeed an historic candidate, and with that attention comes enormous, sometimes unrealistic, expectations.

I heard a pundit say recently that he, "didn't know a single presidential candidate who did not have an ego." I see much truth in that statement as well as in the belief that the president must be a leader who projects confidence and determination. With that said, I think Obama shows a learned ability to seek experts' help when needed, and he demonstrates an innate intelligence to examine all aspects of an issue before making a decision.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadWolf7. Show BadWolf7's posts

Obama arrogant?

[Quote]Cnn/Gallup has Obama ahead by 6, sorry to spoil your current hallucination[/Quote]

He did not say the CNN/Gallup poll…he said the USA Today/Gallup poll. Which does have Senator McCain 4 points ahead of Senator Obama

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ltown1. Show Ltown1's posts

Obama arrogant?

[Quote]How can one not think that he, excuse me, He, is arrogant? Consider these two stories on the same day:

ARLINGTON, Virginia (CNN) – Barack Obama told donors at a Monday night fundraiser just across the Potomac River from Washington that “the odds of us winning are very good."
    Obama was reflecting on how far the campaign had come since its early days when, “Let’s face it, there weren’t too many of y’all who thought we were going to pull this off,” he said to laughter.
    Gains for McCain in latest USA TODAY/Gallup Poll
    type="text/JavaScript">

src="http://d.yimg.com/ds/badge.js">
    Buzz up!
    Like this story? Share it with Yahoo! Buzz

Republican presidential candidate John McCain moved from being behind by 6 points among "likely" voters a month ago to a 4-point lead over Democrat Barack Obama among that group in the latest USA TODAY/Gallup Poll. McCain still trails slightly among the broader universe of "registered" voters. By both measures, the race is tight.
    The Friday-Sunday poll, mostly conducted as Obama was returning from his much-publicized overseas trip and released just this hour, shows McCain now ahead 49%-45% among voters that Gallup believes are most likely to go to the polls in November. In late June, he was behind among likely voters, 50%-44%

----------------
    The very day God says that the odds are good for him to win, he falls BEHIND the decrepit McCain by 4 pts among LIKELY voters.
    And to say that this "our time" just because he shows up?? How much nore does an objective observer need to know about him to say he is arrogant.
    How about a question on how STUPID he is?
    "Massatoosits"
    "57 states"
    "All we's can say..."
    etc.
    [/Quote]

Luckily he's still ahead among ACTUAL voters.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadWolf7. Show BadWolf7's posts

Obama arrogant?

[Quote]

Luckily he's still ahead among ACTUAL voters.[/Quote]

No one knows who the actual voters are until election day. But "likely voters" is much more accurate than "registered voters"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

Obama arrogant?

When Republicans and conservatives alike talk about "going green", it has nothing to do with environmental preservation.

Rather it describes the color of the envy and jealousy directed at Obama by the scurrilous right-wing.

All the verbal douching by the neo-con set won't change the fact that McCain himself owes his entire public career to his own "celebrity status" - a status they conveniently ignore in lieu of shameless, undignified, dishonorable mud-throwing. If this keeps up, McCain will not deserve to be president.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeddyffromNH. Show TeddyffromNH's posts

Obama arrogant?

Yes. Becuase he is.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

Obama arrogant?

Dems have now been calling Obama arrogant. Not good for him. He met the Dem leadership and wouldn't give THEM any details about his plans.

Obama needs to be careful, he's under a micropscope. Too much media attention in his favor can turn the other way very quickly.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeddyffromNH. Show TeddyffromNH's posts

Obama arrogant?

The Obama Nation: Leftist Politics and the Cult of Personality. Jerome Corsi

The Unlikely Rise and Unexamined Agenda of the Media's Favorite Candidate. Regnery

These will be best sellers.

Perfect timing. Want to take out a liberal know it all on these boards at the knee? Use the truth.

Here's the real news: Obama is no centrist nice guy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeddyffromNH. Show TeddyffromNH's posts

Obama arrogant?

Full of himself? Yes

Wait until your hear about Raila Odinga

He fits the character profile well of Obama's influences- Obama's support, and his influence has been focused on far left idealogy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

Obama arrogant?

[Quote]

The man is an arrogant status seeker- it's scary how supposedly intelligent people are allowing celebrity to override their thought process in this election. I know your support is based on fact, but I wonder how many of his supporters even know his stance on the issues.
    ... People who believe they're "correct" are rarely good at compromise. If you can't get people on the same page, you can't be a successful President.
    [/Quote]

The first is a back-handed stab at the man's character...you might as well have said "uppity"...as well as insulting to the man's millions of supporters. Since when does support of a candidate mean a complete obeyance of all the candidate's positions?? I still don't agree with all of Obama's positions, but I agree with even less of McCain's. That's what intelligent people do, they weigh the pros and cons, do the research, perhaps talk to experts in the know, and then make a decision. By all accounts, Obama has demostrated that ability tenfold.

Your last statement could be an accurate assessment of the Bush presidency, in which ideology and obstinacy have prevailed over reason, science, logic AND the collective will of the American people. Obama has given every indication (to those of us who have been listening) that he will be a considerate, thoughtful, deliberate leader who adequately measures all options and contemplates all positions before making an important decision. These are traits long neglected in the Oval Office, and I, for one, anticipate their return.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from anotherman. Show anotherman's posts

Obama arrogant?

[Quote]

The man is an arrogant status seeker- it's scary how supposedly intelligent people are allowing celebrity to override their thought process in this election. I know your support is based on fact, but I wonder how many of his supporters even know his stance on the issues.
    The truth is, there are few truths- there's nothing wrong with relying on faith and common sense, as long as you don't ignore the facts. The leadership skills you outline are fine in business or some other autocratic environment, but this is a democracy. People who believe they're "correct" are rarely good at compromise. If you can't get people on the same page, you can't be a successful President.
    [/Quote]

crzn:

You can say the same thing about our good ole' President, King George, who proclaimed himself a prophet in an interview and is nicknamed "the Decider". Unfortunately, his "decisions" leave a lot to be desired.

GWB ran his presidential campaigns based on "faith" and "common sense", and he comes from a business background too (Harvard Business School graduate, oil business, part-owner of Texas Rangers, etc.). Does that sound familiar? How successful would you characterize GWB's presidency?

Personally, I think he is one of the worst presidents in US history (if not THE WORST)...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeddyffromNH. Show TeddyffromNH's posts

Obama arrogant?

Obama's influences are troubling. And BTW, GW is not running.

Did I mentioned Che is dead?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PS911fan. Show PS911fan's posts

Obama arrogant?

I thaLiomas nk David Gurgen for telling it honest and straight......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfXvK84MPqQ

People like Gliomas can be added to the obvious racist pile

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PS911fan. Show PS911fan's posts

Obama arrogant?

You know whats really stupid? Thining that Jerome Corsi, a swiftboater, would have any real understanding of Barack Obama. So he decides to use his smear tactics learned in 2004 to smear Barack Obama.

Knuckle draggers will run to buy this and I expect Teddy will lead the way with heavy trails from his knuckles....

[Quote]The Obama Nation: Leftist Politics and the Cult of Personality. Jerome Corsi

The Unlikely Rise and Unexamined Agenda of the Media's Favorite Candidate. Regnery

These will be best sellers.

Perfect timing. Want to take out a liberal know it all on these boards at the knee? Use the truth.

Here's the real news: Obama is no centrist nice guy.[/Quote]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

Obama arrogant?

[Quote]I'd say arrogance is a job requirement. One of the bigger ones.[/Quote]

I agree! To think you can lead the greatest nation on Earth and be "The most powerful man on Earth" you HAVE to be arrogant!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

Obama arrogant?

When you listen to people who claim, I just don't know enough despite the floodlights on Obama, its race thats holding them back. Its too late in this campaign to keep going with the meme that "I have no idea who Obama is". I mean if you listen to McSame hes a rockstar so how can you not know who he is.

Mac and czrn and richard and others here really cant disguise the idea that they dont want a black man to be POTUS. Its almost as obvious as that other concern trolls who havent posted. Personally, I could care less if you are racist or not, your actionbs and your half witted attempts to hide what is becoming more and more obvious in your posts should make you find shame. I have yet to be proven wrong that all of you who take that approach have no shame.[/Quote]

PS911Fan, Why is it that when a white person says they will not vote for Obama we are racist, yet when black people vote 90% for a black man they are just making a valid political choice? I have lived my whole life being called a racist because of where I was born and I am tired of it. I can't prove I am not a racist. The more I tried the worse it sounds. I gave up and realized people who want to pin that lable on me are ignorant.

I will not vote for Obama because IMHO he is not ready for the office. In 2004 I called a friend who is big in the Dem. party here in Mass and told them after hearing Obama's keynote speach he would be their next nominee. Race never crossed my mind.

BTW, if Colin Powell, Michael Steele or Edward Brooke were running they would get my vote. See what they have the same and what is different? All black males ALL moderate to conservative! Nothing about race.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheArtist-formerly-known-as-Boo. Show TheArtist-formerly-known-as-Boo's posts

Obama arrogant?

IMO, arrogance is slowly not becoming a part of his electoral problem. The constant nuancing of his positions has got to be causing any novice watcher of the race fits. Now he is for seating all of the MI and FL delegates. He is also now for some type of offshore drilling. And as expected he only has time for the three network organized debates. Not the talk circuit he originally said was a great idea.

I am not voting for the man, but here is a novel idea for his handlers. Stop over handling the man, and allow for a few mistakes then let him say they indeed were mistakes and move on. The more they try to whisk him away in the big Chevy Suburbans, the more they try to isolate him from criticism, the more they attack against the rants of arrogance, the more the polls seem to stick him deeper in the mud. Only an idiot would say that race is not a factor in this election, but that sword is cutting across all parties in the race, so dont defend attack and get on a message and keep it consistent.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Obama arrogant?

Obama's, not arrogant just over inflated!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeddyffromNH. Show TeddyffromNH's posts

Obama arrogant?

[Quote]

You know whats really stupid? Thining that Jerome Corsi, a swiftboater, would have any real understanding of Barack Obama. So he decides to use his smear tactics learned in 2004 to smear Barack Obama.

Knuckle draggers will run to buy this and I expect Teddy will lead the way with heavy trails from his knuckles....

I give up, I do not know "whats really stupid" about a book critical of Obama. He has recieved a total pass from the media so far, and it's about time that some honest and well documented criticism emerge. The debut of the real truth behind the apostate messiah is long overdue.

[/Quote]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tommyboy77. Show tommyboy77's posts

Obama arrogant?

Can't blame an America Black Male for acting entitled....we have been excusing their horrible, degenerate behavior for 50 years.

BTW.....

On an NBC news telecast tonight, while reporting from the Olympics in China, they referred to "The Iconic Mao Zedong"....Interesting take on the murderer of 65 million people.

I wonder if the Olympics were set in Berlin....would Tom Brokaw say, "the eccentric Adolf Hitler" or the "Over Zealous Heinrich Himmler" or maybe the “efficient Reinhard Heydich”….hmmm…I doubt it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cuchalain. Show cuchalain's posts

Obama arrogant?

tommy can you hear me?