OUCH....that'll leave a mark...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

OUCH....that'll leave a mark...

Bill Clinton: Health Care Law Should Be Changed To Allow People To Keep Their Plans

Former President Bill Clinton said Tuesday that the health care law should be changed if necessary to allow people to keep their health care plans that have been cancelled as a result of the implementation of Obamacare.

"I personally believe, even if it takes changing the law, the president should honor the commitment the federal government made to those people and let them keep what they got," Clinton told OZY TV. Clinton preceded his comments by saying that the country is better off with the Affordable Care Act. The former president also recounted a story where a man he met had his individual plan canceled because of Obamacare, and his insurer offered a plan with twice the premiums, but his copays and deductibles were much lower.

Despite Clinton's tempering of the criticism directed at the health care rollout,Republicans seized on his comments as an admittance of Obama's failure to fulfill his frequently-stated promised that those who like their health care plan can keep it. The White House has not said either way whether the law should be changed to allow people to keep their individual insurance plans.

Consumers who have their insurance cancelled can shop for coverage in state or federal-run exchanges; however, the glitches with the Obamacare website have made that difficult for many. In addition, some insurers have used the Obamacare implementation to try to force people into their own, more expensive plans rather than let them know that they can shop on exchanges.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/12/bill-clinton-health-care_n_4260184.html

Apparently Clinton didn't get the talking points memo 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Re: OUCH....that'll leave a mark...

Spin begins in 3...2...1...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from doozy-day. Show doozy-day's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Spin begins in 3...2...1...

[/QUOTE]

This is basically where the Clinton-machine starts to throw Team-Obama under the bus, the love affair is over, Hillary is starting to spin the wheels, see you in 2016.....

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

I don't agree with him.  Allowing people to keep inadequate plans undermines the whole point of the law.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to UserName9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't agree with him.  Allowing people to keep inadequate plans undermines the whole point of the law.

[/QUOTE]

What was inadequate about the plans?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I've heard of policies with deductables as high as $25k.  Some policies don't cover hospital stays.  Some charge exhorbitant rates for pre existing conditions. 

And basically any plan that provides illusory benefits that prove to be inadequate when a medical disaster strikes, which requires taxpayers to foot the bill.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

[QUOTE]
    I've heard of policies with deductables as high as $25k.  Some policies don't cover hospital stays.  Some charge exhorbitant rates for pre existing conditions. 

And basically any plan that provides illusory benefits that prove to be inadequate when a medical disaster strikes, which requires taxpayers to foot the bill.

[/QUOTE]

Many were in states that did not have legislation preventing insurers from yanking the policy once someone actually got seriously ill.

Preventing that sort of thing from happening, preventing pre-X, etc., is going to cost more.

I still think there should be an "Iron" plan below bronze. Basic catastrophic plan. The sort of thing people were choosing with low premiums, except with the protections against having it dropped, against pre-X issues, against lifetime cap issues.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You HEARD??? Ah...I see...

Some people actually WANT catastrophic coverage. Shouldn't that be their choice? If someone wants to upgrade they should be able to....just like if someone wants to stay on the plan that they like they should be able to.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

In response to chiefhowie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have been on this earth 73 yrs and never had a problem getting health care.

My daughter born in AL 1961 . no ins . paid it off $25 month 1yr.

[/QUOTE]

You'd be singing a different tune if your daughter had serious complications during childbirth that required an extended stay in the pediatric ICU?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Some people actually WANT catastrophic coverage. Shouldn't that be their choice? If someone wants to upgrade they should be able to....just like if someone wants to stay on the plan that they like they should be able to.

[/QUOTE]

I don't believe people should be able to choose to stay on a catastrophic plan.  If it potentially can lead to bankruptcy, then they are gambling with my money.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

In response to NowWhatDoYouWant's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Many were in states that did not have legislation preventing insurers from yanking the policy once someone actually got seriously ill.

Preventing that sort of thing from happening, preventing pre-X, etc., is going to cost more.

I still think there should be an "Iron" plan below bronze. Basic catastrophic plan. The sort of thing people were choosing with low premiums, except with the protections against having it dropped, against pre-X issues, against lifetime cap issues.

[/QUOTE]

I believe there are basic catastrophic plans available for those under 30.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't believe people should be able to choose to stay on a catastrophic plan.  If it potentially can lead to bankruptcy, then they are gambling with my money.

[/QUOTE]

How so? How would me going bankrupt be gambling with your money?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Which plan is that? I've only seen the four offered through ACA

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It raises the costs for the rest of us.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What cost?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Which plan is that? I've only seen the four offered through ACA

[/QUOTE]

Can I buy a “catastrophic” plan?

People under 30 and people with hardship exemptions may buy a "catastrophic" health plan. It protects you from very high medical costs.

A catastrophic plan generally requires you to pay all of your medical costs up to a certain amount, usually several thousand dollars. Costs for essential health benefits over that are generally paid by the insurance company.

These policies usually have lower premiums than a comprehensive plan, but cover you only if you need a lot of care. They basically protect you from worst-case scenarios.

Marketplace catastrophic plans cover prevention

In the Marketplace, catastrophic policies cover 3 primary care visits per year at no cost. They also cover free preventive benefits.

If you buy a catastrophic plan in the Marketplace, you can’t get lower costs on your monthly premiums or out-of-pocket costs based on your income. Regardless of your income, you pay the standard price for the catastrophic plan.

https://www.healthcare.gov/can-i-buy-a-catastrophic-plan/

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

They basically protect you from worst-case scenarios.

As they always have.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What cost?

[/QUOTE]

Insurance.....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What cost?

[/QUOTE]

Insurance.....

[/QUOTE]

How is your cost of your insurance going to be affected if I go bankrupt?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What cost?

[/QUOTE]

Insurance.....

[/QUOTE]

How is your cost of your insurance going to be affected if I go bankrupt?

[/QUOTE]

Risk of bankruptcy is calculted into the rates that people pay.