POTUS Selfies with Friends at Mandela Memorial

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

POTUS Selfies with Friends at Mandela Memorial

This kind of sums up the mentality of our POTUS.

Takning selfies at the Mandela Memorial while Michelle can't believe it.  What an immature and classless thing to do.

454772265.jpg.CROP.promovar-mediumlarge

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Re: POTUS Selfies with Friends at Mandela Memorial

Don't you taking jovial selfies with your buds at funerals/memorials???

Sure, not the end of the world..but it is quite classless

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

So Obama, taking selfies at a memorila just makes you proud and your defense is Boehner has shed some tears.

Well a quick google of "clinton tears up" brings scores of Hillary tears tough for her, Bill tears and he can tear up on demand and as a bonus scores of Obama tears all on the same google image string.

Nice deflection when the truth is uncomfortable.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Don't you taking jovial selfies with your buds at funerals/memorials???

Sure, not the end of the world..but it is quite classless

[/QUOTE]

I think I'd need more context. Are they interrupting a speaker to do this? Etc.

Judging by the other people apparently talking in the photo, I'd guess that this happened between speakers. I'd call silly poses around the casket "classless". This seems pretty harmless to me, is all...   

[/QUOTE]

Guess we'll just agree to disagree. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

Given that the mood there was trather jubilant and the stands were filled with people dancing and singing, I am not sure what the issue is.  

Not every funeral is a somber occaision filled with people falling over themselves crying or sitting with their heads bowed and hands crossed.  

That said, Mrs. Obama didn't seem too amused by hubbys interaction with David Cameron and Helle Thorning-Schmidt.  The fake indignation over this by the right (posts aleady up on Townhall.com, Daily Caller, Breitbart, FoxNation) will pale in comparison to Michelle's disappointment, if in fact she was annoyed by Barack's antics with the other heads of state.  

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

In response to chiefhowie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bush made Owebamie do it.

Why can't You realish that the  lord our God Owebambie can do no wrong.

Give it to me and all is good.

[/QUOTE]

Bush was practically doing the same thing.  A photo of him with Bono was loaded to his Instagram account during the memorial.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to UserName9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bush was practically doing the same thing.  A photo of him with Bono was loaded to his Instagram account during the memorial.

[/QUOTE]

If he did, that was also classless

Do you have a link of Bush's selfie?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to UserName9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If he did, that was also classless

Do you have a link of Bush's selfie?

[/QUOTE]

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/president-obama-poses-funeral-selfie-article-1.1543188

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to massmoderateJoe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So Obama, taking selfies at a memorila just makes you proud and your defense is Boehner has shed some tears.

Well a quick google of "clinton tears up" brings scores of Hillary tears tough for her, Bill tears and he can tear up on demand and as a bonus scores of Obama tears all on the same google image string.

[/QUOTE]

lol...no..not even close.

The point is that (1) you posted the photo without any context, and (2) appear to be complaining that if Obama is seen doing anything other than looking sad at the event, that means he's being a bad leader.

Boehner photos were my example of faked emotion. Is that what you really demand? He should sit there looking devastated? Mandela may have been a great man, but Obama didn't know him.

Unless they're joking around in the middle of a speech and everyone else is sitting solemnly, I think you are wildly overreacting to this, as I think you have overreacted to other Obama matters on slow news days.

What about the two men at the bottom talking? Is that inapprorpriate too?

[/QUOTE]

context:from BDCwire

http://bdcwire.com/president-selfies-at-memorials-worse-than-normal-selfies-at-funerals/

http://bdcwire.com/practice-instagram-etiquette-dos-and-donts-of-selfies/

Don’t: Funeral selfies
    Nothing will commemorate the love you have for your deceased grandmother like a black and white filter and a depressed, yet perfectly pout-y, frown. Bonus points for a real teardrop rolling down your cheek. Truly #heartbreaking. #RIP (Yes, people actually do this.)

I really think a selfie with big grims at a Memorial is really in poor taste; equivalent to what a cluesless narcissistic 15 yo girl would do.

Some common sense of decorum really required here.  The two men in front appear to be talking to each other, a little different, while Michelle seems indignant.

As for Boehner's tears some people do get weepy easily while others weep on demand. Boehner seems to be weepy and for the grief he gets I tend to think that's just how he is, unfortunately it happens too much and makes him look weak.  Bill Clinton was the master of tear control rolling them out on que.  Hillary needs an onion in her hanky to well up and Obama he's a little on the weepy side.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

[QUOTE]

A man waves a South African flag: South Africans have been praised for the 'dignified' way in which they have commemorated Mr Mandela's death

Empty seats: The 94,000-capacity stadium was reportedly only two-thirds full which may have due to the adverse weather conditions

Celebration: A mourner wearing a wig in the South African national colours arrives at the stadium

Dance: Many of those inside the stadium were dancing to celebrate the life of the former leader

Tribute: Many of those attending the memorial were decked out in national flags and wearing celebratory clothing

Filling the seats: The stadium, dubbed 'Soccer City', holds 90,000 but there have been overflow areas planned in advance as organizers are worried about an unruly turn out

Festive: Men singing in the queue for the ceremony at South Africa's largest football stadium

Prepared: People filled the stadium on Tuesday hours before the dignitaries arrived

INAPPROPRIATE!

IN - A - PRO- PRI- ATE!

"BAD MOURNERS." BAD!!!

Not attending: Russia's president Vladimir Putin today signed a book of condolence for Mandela's death at the South African embassy in Moscow

Not attending: Russia's president Vladimir Putin today signed a book of condolence for Mandela's death at the South African embassy in Moscow

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2521146/Nelson-Mandela-memorial-service-World-leaders-gather-South-Africa-remember-president.html#ixzz2n6JLRp8I
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook     

Much better.

[/QUOTE]

These photos appear to be taken before note empty stadium or after people heading down stairwells.

I hold world leaders to a higher standard.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The only "truth" is you getting your panties wadded up.

No more or less.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Obviously the wingnuts have never been to an Irish wake.

In true Irish tradition we mourn at the funeral but we celebrate the person's life at the wake with funny stories, jokes and tales of triumphs of the departed.

People need to quit with the partisan politicking and stop being so judgemental about how others celebrate the life of the departed.

[/QUOTE]

I knew Obama claimed some Irish heritage but not Mandela,...now I understand.

Selfies in general are stupid, at funerals or memorials are crass.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And you hold this one to an impossible standard hatched in your feverish imagination and incubated on your derision and self-righteousness.

Drop the charade.  It's embarrassing.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The only "truth" is you getting your panties wadded up.

No more or less.

[/QUOTE]

Yet another deflection.  

I'm not Irate or jumping up and down,... that doesn't change my opinion that it makes POTUS look crass acting like a teenage girl.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Obviously the wingnuts have never been to an Irish wake.

In true Irish tradition we mourn at the funeral but we celebrate the person's life at the wake with funny stories, jokes and tales of triumphs of the departed.

People need to quit with the partisan politicking and stop being so judgemental about how others celebrate the life of the departed.

[/QUOTE]

Given my mother's maiden name is O'Neil I've been to way too many Irish wakes. To my knowledge none of us took selfies at the ceremony. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

These photos appear to be taken before note empty stadium or after people heading down stairwells.

[/QUOTE]

The photographs I posted plus additional ones in the article show tons of exuberance by the attendees, regardless of what you tell yourself in order to avoid having to consider them.

I think it's more that you'll complain no matter what Obama does or how he does it.

[/QUOTE]

I disagree with Obama on many issues, management style and leadership.  But he is my POTUS and I was embarassed that he looked like a teenage girl taking selfies at the event.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7g3RuoreRc

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And you hold this one to an impossible standard hatched in your feverish imagination and incubated on your derision and self-righteousness.

Drop the charade.  It's embarrassing.

[/QUOTE]

Well if he was my grandson, I would have taken his iPhone away for the rest of the day.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Touchy group of defenders.  I guess the defense wouldn't be so robust if it didn't strike a nerve for you.

Look it's not a big deal, but what I find amusing is the compulsion to defend ever issue with Obama.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

But he is my POTUS and I was embarassed that he looked like a teenage girl taking selfies at the event.

[/QUOTE]

The leader of another country asked him to join a picture and he agreed. You take issue with that as "crass", but not with the photographer out to snap 'gotcha' pics at a memorial. 

It's kind of funny, really...  

Virtually all the discussions between me and my wife about Obama are negative on the general subject of his Presidency. Over Thanksgiving dinner, the family grumbled in unison about how he's President Carter. Then, I come here and I find myself defending him.

Because...look at this thread!

[/QUOTE]

I could have been at your dinner table; I've called him Carter redux since month 2.

25. This post has been removed.