Reason for Major Concern in the US?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RevWright. Show RevWright's posts

Reason for Major Concern in the US?

CIUDAD JUAREZ, Mexico -- At least 20 people were killed in drug-gang violence over the weekend in this northern Mexican border city, including seven found dead outside one house.

The seven men were believed to have been at a family party when they were gunned down Saturday night, said Arturo Sandoval, a spokesman for the attorney general's office in Chihuahua state, where Ciudad Juarez is located. Five were found dead in a car, and the other two were shot at the entrance of the home.

There have been several such massacres in Ciudad Juarez, a city held hostage by a nearly three-year turf battle between the Juarez and Sinaloa cartels.

Few residents now venture out to bars and restaurants. And like those attacked on Saturday, others have discovered that they aren't even safe in their own homes: Last month, gunmen stormed two neighboring houses and massacred more than a dozen young people attending a party for a 15-year-old boy.

Eleven other people were killed Saturday in the city, including two whose bodies were found dismembered, Sandoval said. On Sunday, two city police officers, a man and a woman, were shot to death inside their patrol car.

Ciudad Juarez, across the border from El Paso, Texas, has become one of the world's deadliest cities in the time that the two cartels have been fighting. More than 6,500 people have been killed since the start of 2008.

The situation in Mexico appears to be escalating but to where?
    Is the government in trouble?
    To what end should the US participate?
    Might this only push Mexicans toward an anti US movements.. including but not limited to terrorist organizations?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Super77. Show Super77's posts

Re: Reason for Major Concern in the US?

Your Governor wants to enroll all illegals and free tuition, why not liberal voters of Mass live near the border of Juarez and experience the hospitality of these people?Yell

You will like it.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

Gun sales to Mexico (citizens) is booming!!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

Build a bigger wall.

Because it's worked so well up until now....

And because if it's not happening to americans, then it must not be important.

Why, oh why can't they be more like Windsor, OT...??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

The concern for the US should be significantly more aimed at the viability of the Mexican state.  The explosion of violence across the border has seen the Mexican government mobilize the military to fight the drug cartels in its more rugged regions.  Meanwhile the Cartels are fighting against the government in its cities far away from their transporation routes and farming areas where the drugs are cultivated.  In most any other instance this dynamic would look like and smell like a civil war except in this case the antoganists are fighting separate battles on different battle fields and neither is "winning".  The government isn't going to back off and the cartels are going to all of a sudden go legit.  Mexico is few high profile assasinations from descending into all out chaos.  That chaos could destabilize the country even further creating a huge mess for the US.  We simply must have a functioning Mexico because the alternatives will involve us having to clean up the mess. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

In Response to Re: Reason for Major Concern in the US?:
    [QUOTE]The concern for the US should be significantly more aimed at the viability of the Mexican state.  The explosion of violence across the border has seen the Mexican government mobilize the military to fight the drug cartels in its more rugged regions.  Meanwhile the Cartels are fighting against the government in its cities far away from their transporation routes and farming areas where the drugs are cultivated.  In most any other instance this dynamic would look like and smell like a civil war except in this case the antoganists are fighting separate battles on different battle fields and neither is "winning".  The government isn't going to back off and the cartels are going to all of a sudden go legit.  Mexico is few high profile assasinations from descending into all out chaos.  That chaos could destabilize the country even further creating a huge mess for the US.  We simply must have a functioning Mexico because the alternatives will involve us having to clean up the mess. 
    Posted by DamainAllen[/QUOTE]
    And you haven't even touched upon the biggest concern today... Black gold! Number 2 on our list of importers! This could make Iraq and Afghanistan look like spit ball fights.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RevWright. Show RevWright's posts

Can we expect the phrase "national security and interest" bubbling out of the mouth of one Obama lackey soon?

The Mexican government IS run by the drug lords. Strange bedfellows indeed.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelldog1. Show kelldog1's posts

YAWN!

PLEASE DO TELL ME WHAT TO FEAR NEXT............

IF YOU WANT TO SOLVE THE PROBLEMS OF DRUG GANG VIOLENCE IN MEXICO
    LEGALIZE DRUGS HERE IN THE US. SIMPLE! THE REPEAL OF PROHIBITION PROVES MY POINT!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

[QUOTE]  YAWN!  PLEASE DO TELL ME WHAT TO FEAR NEXT............ IF YOU WANT TO SOLVE THE PROBLEMS OF DRUG GANG VIOLENCE IN MEXICO LEGALIZE DRUGS HERE IN THE US. SIMPLE! THE REPEAL OF PROHIBITION PROVES MY POINT!
    Posted by kelldog1[/QUOTE]

All drugs?..are you saying we should legalize drugs like meth, heroin, cocaine, extacy, etc?
    Pot I have no problem legalizing. I would vote to legalize it in a heartbeat and I don't even use it. Just makes sense. Not so sure legalizing chemically induced drugs are a wise idea.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RevWright. Show RevWright's posts

LSD makes sense too !

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelldog1. Show kelldog1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Reason for Major Concern in the US? : All drugs?..are you saying we should legalize drugs like meth, heroin, cocaine, extacy, etc? Pot I have no problem legalizing. I would vote to legalize it in a heartbeat and I don't even use it. Just makes sense. Not so sure legalizing chemically induced drugs are a wise idea.
    Posted by hawkeye01[/QUOTE]
    ==============================================================

Legalize them All!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

[QUOTE]Build a bigger wall. Because it's worked so well up until now.... And because if it's not happening to americans, then it must not be important. Why, oh why can't they be more like Windsor, OT...??
    Posted by Mattyhorn[/QUOTE]

They never built the wall!!!!

They keep throwing a few more border agents and a few soldiers with no authority at it. I think we are to the point where if every border agent were on duty at once it would only be a few miles of rough, dark, tunnel infested terrain that each man would have to constantly secure by himself.

They should build a double a fence but, that would only make sense if, they wanted to protect the border and those that come legally.

The coyotes and drug runners are making a killing at the expense of innocent girls who get forced into prostitution and kids forced to mule drugs across.

It's not just about illegal immigration it's about stopping human traffiking and forced drug smuggling by young people who families are being held hostage!!!

Buy a clue on this issue please!!