Romney cites slain SEAL on stump. Mother of SEAL responds "Shut it down"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

Romney cites slain SEAL on stump. Mother of SEAL responds "Shut it down"

Recently Romney has taken to dropping Glen Doherty's name on the campaign trail.  As you are aware Mr. Doherty was killed while defending the temporary US Embassy in Libya.  Romney has noted how he met Doherty at an event in California and recounted the story of his death in Libya to illustrate American bravery.

But at least one member of Mr. Doherty's family is not pleased.

“I don’t trust Romney,” Barbara Doherty told WHDH in Boston “He shouldn’t make my son’s death part of his political agenda. It’s wrong to use these brave young men, who wanted freedom for all, to degrade Obama.”

Romney's campaign has confirmed they will no longer make reference to Doherty in campaign events going forward. 

But another associate of Doherty recalls

Meanwhile, a friend of Doherty’s told a Seattle radio station that Doherty remembered Romney repeatedly introducing himself at the Christmas party.

“He said it was pathetic and comical to have the same person come up to you within only a half hour, have this person reintroduce himself to you, having absolutely no idea whatsoever that he just did this 20 minutes ago, and did not even recognize Glen’s face,” Elf Ellefsen told the Ron & Don Show.

“Honestly, it does make me sick,” Ellefsen added. “Glen would definitely not approve of it. He probably wouldn’t do much about it. He probably wouldn’t say a whole lot about it. I think Glen would feel, more than anything, almost embarrassed for Romney. I think he would feel pity for him.”

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Re: Romney cites slain SEAL on stump. Mother of SEAL responds

She's not a Romney supporter so, Romney should stop.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

To the first two commenters:  Would you please add attribution?  To the OP, so that it's not lost from the thread.  And to the second, because that is a famous quotation, and I'd love to be reminded who said it.  Thanks to both.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

Nothing warms the heart like listening to a prep school cheerleader, VietNam draft dodger like Willard Romney rhapsodize about the military.  He certainly did not learn it at home. There is not one Romney veteran in five generations.

This kinda sounds like a "I see Russia from my porch" moment for Mitt.  How does meeting someone at a party gives you any special insight.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just count the number of threads claiming Obama deliberately lied about Libya (as if lying would make any sense).

[quote]

Ok, maybe Obama didnt lie when for 3+ days he said and stood by his claim that the attack on the embassy and death of Americans was a demonstration about a 3 month old video gone bad; because to lie means he knew what he was saying was untrue when he said it.

So maybe he didnt "know" that what he was saying BS (even though many said it was). In that case he is horribly incompetent to lead a crew at the 7-11 let alone the free world!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Imagine President Romney ... stumbling into that one.

Note that the Murdoch&Ailes sales force looped the tape over and over as "Gov. Romney showing his softer side," but Mrs. Doherty's response, and Mr. Romney's campaign's response to this, never mind.

People here keep saying that Mr. Romney's problem is his handlers and the "mainstream media".

But they did get his softer side out there for a news cycle. So, what is everyone quibbling about now (Mr. Rove's likely take)?

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In response to NO MO O's comment:
    [QUOTE]

circle jerk.

[/QUOTE]

No need to describe your activities, both physical and mental.  You are over sharing.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to tvoter's comment:

Ok, maybe Obama didnt lie when for 3+ days he said and stood by his claim that the attack on the embassy and death of Americans was a demonstration about a 3 month old video gone bad; because to lie means he knew what he was saying was untrue when he said it. So maybe he didnt "know" that what he was saying BS (even though many said it was). In that case he is horribly incompetent to lead a crew at the 7-11 let alone the free world

[QUOTE] 

He was careless. He said it appeared to be a spontaneous reaction. He should've said we don't know, but some libyan officials think it was planned, and we're looking into it. Bear in mind, there were demonstrations in something like 20 other arab countries, so spontaneous isn't entirely foolish.

He said it for 3+ days even after the President of libya said he was full of sh!t!

That's more than just careless!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

[QUOTE]

You know what would be more than careless? If the President's foreign policy was to take as truth the words of any particular foreign leader and act on them.

Still, if Bush had taken Saddam at his word, we wouldn't have spent a trillion+ bucks and thousands of American lives (and 100k of theirs) to go on a wild goose chase for non-existent weapons. So you have that on your side.

[/QUOTE]

If the President of a country is talking about events that took place in his country that his people are on site of..yes you might want to listen and not contradict his statements publically when you obviously are FULL OF SH!T.

So abush did wrong 10 years ago and that means everything Obama does or what you perceive as a lesser scale should be ignored or allowed without question?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I bet Romney never met the guy.  I bet he's lying about it.  The guy has lied about everything. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I bet Romney never met the guy.  I bet he's lying about it.  The guy has lied about everything. 

[/QUOTE]

i BET YOU ARE A BAFOON

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i BET YOU ARE A BAFOON

[/QUOTE]

Isn't it spelled Buffoon?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

REPORT: Obama Sent Same Form Letter to Parents of All Fallen Soldiers...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to UserName99's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nothing warms the heart like listening to a prep school cheerleader, VietNam draft dodger like Willard Romney rhapsodize about the military.  He certainly did not learn it at home. There is not one Romney veteran in five generations.

This kinda sounds like a "I see Russia from my porch" moment for Mitt.  How does meeting someone at a party gives you any special insight.

[/QUOTE]

I give this a +1. Romney should have a little respect for the family..but I am pretty sure the world understands him for the opportunist he is. Using Glen Doherty's tragic death as a political football is shameful..but what's even more shameful is his talk about sending more people to war if he's elected. I think Romney has demonstrated that he would be completely adept at best at foreign policy. At worst..he'd be downright dangerous.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Thank you for bringing this back to the topic of the title and OP.  We were again getting, "Look over there, not over here".  That is, acknowledgment.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I give this a +1. Romney should have a little respect for the family..but I am pretty sure the world understands him for the opportunist he is. Using Glen Doherty's tragic death as a political football is shameful..but what's even more shameful is his talk about sending more people to war if he's elected. I think Romney has demonstrated that he would be completely adept at best at foreign policy. At worst..he'd be downright dangerous.

[/QUOTE]

Did you have any of these aprehensions when you pulled the lever for aqua lung Fat Ted?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

All the sudden all these democrats from massachusetts have high standards who goes to washington.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Did you have any of these aprehensions when you pulled the lever for aqua lung Fat Ted?

[/QUOTE]

Actually..I don't pull a lever to vote...and truthfully I never pulled the lever for Kennedy. I grew up a conservative and remained on until several years ago when I became an independent.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to Firewind's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thank you for bringing this back to the topic of the title and OP.  We were again getting, "Look over there, not over here".  That is, acknowledgment.

[/QUOTE]

Haha...I suspect there's going to be a lot of that between now and election day :-)