RUSH LIMBAUGH: YOU DON'T PUT THE NFL IN PINK FOR A MONTH

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Re: RUSH LIMBAUGH: YOU DON'T PUT THE NFL IN PINK FOR A MONTH

In response to Hansoribrother's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wearing pink? That isn't feminizing the game? 

[/QUOTE]

No, it isn't.

That you and rush think so is your problem, not the game's.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No, it isn't.

[/QUOTE]

Uh, pink is a feminine color, is it not? I mean don't they give newborn girls little pink hats and the boys blue?

What is the problem with admitting the truth on this - that pink is a feminine color? If you can't acknowledge the reality of that then you need some help. No one is making a judgement based on it, just that it is a fact.

The fact you can't admit is bizarre.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No, it isn't.

[/QUOTE]

Uh, pink is a feminine color, is it not? I mean don't they give newborn girls little pink hats and the boys blue?

What is the problem with admitting the truth on this - that pink is a feminine color? If you can't acknowledge the reality of that then you need some help. No one is making a judgement based on it, just that it is a fact.

[/QUOTE]

Ok so for sake of argument let's go along with that. Pink hats given to girls and blue to boys. So we'll say pink is a "feminine" color. However, even if we stipulate that pink is a "feminine" color, a color doesn't feminize the entire game of football. These athletes are wearing pink as a symbol. It's not like as soon as they put of pink cleats or pink gloves that they all start prancing around and talking with lisps. It's just a symbol to show a shared strength for those fighting breast cancer. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

And if they did engage in homosexual 'flamer' stereotypes while wearing pink, they would still be more manly than Rush Limbaugh (or Hansori?).

I mean..I assume we're thinking of manliness in terms of stereotypical attributes: big, strong, and tough enough to beat the crap out eachother for a few hours straight every game.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to yogafriend's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rush's standard, repetitive mantra is that we are a nation of sissies.   We have become wimps in all areas of life and society.  Why is this any different?   Oh, it's not.  ;) 

I know his position; he's a shock jock, he's doing what he's paid to do.   If he gets under your skin, then he's doing a very good job, isn't he?   He doesn't offend me in the least.  

If you watch(ed) the video, it's hysterically funny.  This entire thread should be part of the political humor and satire thread.  By the end of the video, I was laughing out loud.  He is who he is.   If you take him, or anything he says seriously, that's on you.  If he has followers, that should not be keeping you up at night.   Limbaugh's views are nothing new.

As far as the "pink" issue is concerned, sports fans have their focus on the game.  I could not care less if the NFL wears pink for a month.  If it makes the NFL look good in your eyes, that's fine, but don't cherry pick the issues, and turn around and bash them for the concussion issue.  It's more meaningful to me to see the women at my gym wear extra pink in October anyhow;  they are "real" to me.  

[/QUOTE]

Perfectly said!

[/QUOTE]

Thanks.  :)   BTW, I don't read this forum regularly, but from my perspective, you're very under-rated -- for your sense of humor.    I don't thnk you get enough credit, man.   (Either that, or my sense of humor isn't on target, which could well be the case, too. )  ;-)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Rush's standard, repetitive mantra is that we are a nation of sissies.   We have become wimps in all areas of life and society.  Why is this any different?   Oh, it's not.  ;) 

I know his position; he's a shock jock, he's doing what he's paid to do.   If he gets under your skin, then he's doing a very good job, isn't he?   He doesn't offend me in the least.  

If you watch(ed) the video, it's hysterically funny.  This entire thread should be part of the political humor and satire thread.  By the end of the video, I was laughing out loud.  He is who he is.   If you take him, or anything he says seriously, that's on you.  If he has followers, that should not be keeping you up at night.   Limbaugh's views are nothing new.

As far as the "pink" issue is concerned, sports fans have their focus on the game.  I could not care less if the NFL wears pink for a month.  If it makes the NFL look good in your eyes, that's fine, but don't cherry pick the issues, and turn around and bash them for the concussion issue.  It's more meaningful to me to see the women at my gym wear extra pink in October anyhow;  they are "real" to me.  

[/QUOTE]

Perfectly said!

[/QUOTE]

Thanks.  :)   BTW, I don't read this forum regularly, but from my perspective, you're very under-rated -- for your sense of humor.    I don't thnk you get enough credit, man.   (Either that, or my sense of humor isn't on target, which could well be the case, too. )  ;-)

[/QUOTE]

Thank you. Your compliment (which I greatly appreciate) just made a few of my "enemies" eyes roll....thank you for that : )

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No, it isn't.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

But you ARE making a judgment on it, and that's the problem.

Honestly, I don't see colors as "masculine" and "feminine"...more as 'cool' or 'warm' colors, as part of the color spectrum, and how they react with other colors.  But then, I'm trained in fine arts and color theory, so I'm biased.

The Texas State House is pink (due to the feldspar in the granite).  Does that make it feminine?  Something we should talk about, maybe...?

Pink is just red with a little white mixed in.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No, it isn't.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I don't see colors as "masculine" and "feminine"...more as 'cool' or 'warm' colors, as part of the color spectrum, and how they react with other colors.  But then, I'm trained in fine arts and color theory, so I'm biased.

The Texas State House is pink (due to the feldspar in the granite).  Does that make it feminine?  Something we should talk about, maybe...?

[/QUOTE]

It is not a matter of what you or I think. Pink is a feminine color. Why else would the NFL have players wear pink to raise awareness of an illness that affects women? 

When I said judgement I was referring to whether or not the NFL having players wear pink is a good idea or a bad one. I have no opinion really. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No, it isn't.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It is not a matter of what you or I think. Pink is a feminine color. Why else would the NFL have players wear pink to raise awareness of an illness that affects women? 

When I said judgement I was referring to whether or not the NFL having players wear pink is a good idea or a bad one. I have no opinion really. 

[/QUOTE]

"Pink is a feminine color" is just a worn-out cultural trope and thus an opinion.

By your logic, a man wearing pink is less masculine.  Is that what you think?

I assure you, the color spectrum - from ultraviolet to infrared - is not gender-specific.

The (hot) pink color referenced here is just a symbol of breast cancer awareness.  It wouldn't matter if the color was yellow ochre or safety orange or kelly green.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

[QUOTE] I have no opinion really. [/QUOTE]

Change your password. Your account may have been hacked:

[QUOTE] As usual Rush is right and leftwingers, who do not listen to him on a regular basis, are wrong. [/QUOTE]

"Rush is right" is an opinion. "Leftwingers are wrong" is another one. That this is usual is yet a third opinion.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Perfectly said!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thank you. Your compliment (which I greatly appreciate) just made a few of my "enemies" eyes roll....thank you for that : )

[/QUOTE]

46&2,

I am glad yogafriend complimented your sense of humor and you thanked her for doing so.

As for you having "enemies", is that not a bit harsh? 

You wrote earlier that you do not hate anyone. So I take you do not look at anyone as your enemy in the forum. 

Posters here get into heated exchanges. That goes with political debate. But I do not think any poster views another as their enemy. I certainly do not. I hope the same is true in reverse.

skeeter made a good comment on another thread a few days ago. He said...to paraphrase...maybe we all should spend less time trying to make points and more time trying to share thoughts. 

If you agree with him, then maybe you would not think posters view other posters as enemies.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Perfectly said!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yogafriend,

Thanks again for weighing in.

Just to clear something up, the "concussion issue" was brought up in a post by DirtyWaterLover on page 1 of this thread.

" think it would more appropriate if the NFL put the effort into prostate cancer awareness.  better yet, put more effort at concussion awareness."

I followed that up with a couple of remarks.

First, prior to Rush ranting abouting the wearing of pink in the NFL was contributing to the "chickification" of America, he has ranted about an effort to monitor the impact on football players with a special helmet with sensors on the college level also contributing to the same thing.

Second, the NFL has been anything but  proactive about the seriousness of concussions in the NFL.

I would not have thrown concussions into this thread if another poster had not already brought it up.

As for bashing the NFL, I do not believe i came anyware close to bashing them. That is a whole other thread about the history of the NFL and concussions.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to andiejen's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Perfectly said!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

46&2,

I am glad yogafriend complimented your sense of humor and you thanked her for doing so.

You wrote earlier that you do not hate anyone. So I take you do not look at anyone as your enemy in the forum. 

Posters here get into heated exchanges. That goes with political debate. But I do not think any poster views another as their enemy. I certainly do not. I hope the same is true in reverse.

skeeter made a good comment on another thread a few days ago. He said...to paraphrase...maybe we all should spend less time trying to make points and more time trying to share thoughts. 

If you agree with him, then maybe you would not think posters view other posters as enemies.

[/QUOTE]

I was using the term "enemies" loosely which is why I put the word in quotations. Wasn't meant to be taken as serious as you took it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Perfectly said!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

46&2,

[/QUOTE]

I was using the term "enemies" loosely which is why I put the word in quotations. Wasn't meant to be taken as serious as you took it.

[/QUOTE]

46&2,

Well, it certainly was not the 1st time I have done that in the forums....probably will not be the last.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

yogafriend,

Thanks again for weighing in.

Just to clear something up, the "concussion issue" was brought up in a post by DirtyWaterLover on page 1 of this thread.

" think it would more appropriate if the NFL put the effort into prostate cancer awareness.  better yet, put more effort at concussion awareness."

I followed that up with a couple of remarks.

First, prior to Rush ranting abouting the wearing of pink in the NFL was contributing to the "chickification" of America, he has ranted about an effort to monitor the impact on football players with a special helmet with sensors on the college level also contributing to the same thing.

Second, the NFL has been anything but  proactive about the seriousness of concussions in the NFL.

I would not have thrown concussions into this thread if another poster had not already brought it up.

As for bashing the NFL, I do not believe i came anyware close to bashing them. That is a whole other thread about the history of the NFL and concussions.

Hello Andie,

Just to let you know, I wasn't responding to you personally in my post.  When I respond to a post, I hit [reply], so it's clear.   My post was a general statement in response to the thread, and the topic, and what I saw that had transpired.    So, you had no need to take what I said so personally.   I don't usually get called on one word (such as the use of the word "bash") but it's just a word, this is just an informal convo that's much ado about nothing in the big pic of life, and it's always subjective how we respond to another person's words anyhow.   In general, I just don't like the politicization of sports.    

Rush Limbaugh, in his trademark lame way,  infused some of his tired rhetoric into the topic of all things "pink" and you were offended.   I was not.   You called him a doo***bag.  I did not.  I watched the video, no one else did.   It was hilarious.   End of story.   As the older generation used to say, the NFL has "bigger fish to fry."   

I predate you on BDC by a number of years, and I am very familiar with the forums.  I also post on other message boards, and I post on the Globe (fee-based) website, where, I might add, I have never seen you.   I used to post in BDC forums that are now longer active, and have posted in other forums on BDC, off / on, over time.   You are a very nice, polite person, and while I admire your patience, you seem to think that the constant dysfunction that takes place here is somehow normal.    If you posted elsewhere, you'd have a guage for comparison.    Enough said.  :)

Insofar as "46" is concerned, you don't need to thank him for thanking me ... that's a bit over the top, as I said, I am not new here.   I know he is annoying to many posters (which is why I find him very funny, because the posters here are constantly berating him and nothing bothers him ... let the eyerolls commence ...), but I was fully aware that his use of the word "enemies" was said tongue in cheek.   If you don't infuse some of the news of the day with a little humor at times (depending on the topic), the negative energy is very bad for both your physical and mental health.    Take care, and the next time you see an article on Rush, do yourself a favor, and see him for the fool that he is,  nothing more.   Now go have yourself a nice day.  (ps  I mixed this shade of pink for Rush) =)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

Well, it sure is safe to be an obnoxious little pr!ck from behind a keyboard. I suppose you have to give him that...

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/0/0/2/1/5/9/6/0/3/5554118331_1272_internet_tough_guys_e_thug.jpeg