Snow on the way.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

Re: Snow on the way.

In response to msobstinate99's comment:

MO,

Great cartoon though in actuality it could be a sketch of my grocery store Wednesday night.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

New England lost its sensibilities in the Blizzard of 78.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Get cash, food, fuel and plan to lay low for a couple days. No big deal!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to massmoderateJoe's comment:

New England lost its sensibilities in the Blizzard of 78.

Say what?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

Get cash, food, fuel and plan to lay low for a couple days. No big deal!

Cash?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to UserName99's comment:

In response to tvoter's comment:

get cash, food, fuel and plan to lay low for a couple days. No big deal!

[QUOTE]

Cash?

When the powers out; CASH RULES!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

" This city is heading for a disaster of biblical proportions...Human sacrifice..dogs and cats living together..mass hysteria" ( Ghostbusters).

In all seriousness..this is New England. I for one am looking forward to a forced couple of days of laying low..although it would be a bummer if the power went out.

Speaking of grocery store madness..if anyone is on Facebook or Twitter..I recommend you follow the People of Market Basket. They were posting some pretty remarkable pictures of lines as well as crazy stories.

I never understood this supermarket craziness at the cusp of every storm. DH went to pick up a few things early yesterday morning that we would normally pick up on Saturday..but he said there were people with carts overflowing. Craziness.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from doozy-day. Show doozy-day's posts

God forbid the power goes out........

What would the BDC faithful do?

Probably some sort of weird withdrawal, involving chocolate consumption and speaking in strange tongues......

Charge those batteries, and get your air cards ready?

Or..........see if you still have that old dial up option on your computer, wouldn't that be a kick.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to doozy-day's comment:

God forbid the power goes out........

What would the BDC faithful do?

Probably some sort of weird withdrawal, involving chocolate consumption and speaking in strange tongues......

Charge those batteries, and get your air cards ready?

Or..........see if you still have that old dial up option on your computer, wouldn't that be a kick.

Well..I was thinking in terms of not having heat if the power goes out. I doubt anyone will be stressing over lack of access to online forums.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

If only ten years ago conservatives had been as concerned about the 'slippery slope' of climate change as they are today about the slippery slope of a national gun registry.  Enjoy the latest worst storm of all time.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I don't want to defend the human condition that leads to long lines at the grocery store and gas station....but, much of it can be explained by simple math.

If you usually shop or get gas on Saturday or Sunday...and they say the roads may be bad, your driveway may have 2 feet of snow in it, and the power may go out,....

...wouldn't you gas up , get any necessary groceries ( not necessarily perishables...should the power be out for more than a day)visit the bank and stop at other possibe errands  ( you know important places like the pharmacy...for some the liquor store ... Dunkin' Donuts...)???

Most of the crowd at the grocery store is people who normally shop on the days they are saying travel may bea problem....the rest of them are the panic stricken or just plain stupid or crazy. You would be surprised at the number of people who live in New England and don't buy batteries, flashlights, snow shovels, ice melt, lamp oil until they really need it. If you live in New England....you should have these supplies by Thanksgiving.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

"If only ten years ago conservatives had been as concerned about the 'slippery slope' of climate change as they are today about the slippery slope of a national gun registry.  Enjoy the latest worst storm of all time.."

LOL....who's responsible for the Blizzard of '13? Bush did it !

Native Americans believed that the actions of individual humans or entire tribes sometimes had dire consequences on the weather. Punishment for provoking spirits often came in the form of floods, severe storms, or prolonged drought....Similarly, today's progressives worship the God of Mother Nature, and believe man is being punished for using coal and oil ....

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to slomag's comment:

If only ten years ago conservatives had been as concerned about the 'slippery slope' of climate change as they are today about the slippery slope of a national gun registry.  Enjoy the latest worst storm of all time.

slomag-

Maybe I missed it, but are there many conservativives who even acknowledge there is such a thing as climate change occurring?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Well..who's up and what are you seeing..? I was up from 2-3am with a sinus headache. Happens whenever the pressure really drops. Anyhow...when I looked out towards the road and driveway..it was amazing. DH's car is almost completely covered. If I knew how to post pictures in posts on this site I would post it...it's gonna take a while to dig that out.

However, my backyard..? You can still see the grass in half of it. Same thing with both side yards. Weird!

We didn't lose power..so I am turning my heat back down. My son is out "playing" in the snow with the guy next door. I am going to fix a nice hot breakfast for everyone then go outside later.

Sounds like those south of Boston got the brunt of the power outages..hope all the BDC posters are staying warm.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

It's nice that these things tend to bring out the best in people. We only moved to our current neighborhood the day after Christmas and had only met 2 of our new neighbors. Yesterday..we met a bunch more. Great group of people...we had a regular neighborhood snow removal party. Between the snow blowers and the shovels..we all got each other cleaned out in about 3 hours...including digging out DH"s car which was covered to the tip of the roof.

I feel so bad for the people who lost power and therefore heat. Winter is the worst time for this to happen. A couple of friends who live south of Boston have been out since late Friday night.

Hope everyone is safe ..don't forget to clean around those tailpipes before you start your car up...and clean out around your furnace and dryer vents...and fire hydrants.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

In response to miscricket's comment:

Well..who's up and what are you seeing..?

I went out and shovelled on Friday after the first foot fell. Figured I'd make it a little easier the next day. Often, the street lights were just a diffused glow against the swirling snow. Not white-out, but pretty close.

Of course, there was another two feet out on Sat. Which took a few hours to clear and sent me to bed early... 

It was nice to chill some beer in the snow as I shoveled, though.. 

Too funny.. I went out Friday night and shoveled a bit. Saturday..my first thought was "why did I bother"? Except that it was nice being outside in the quiet of night..not only seeing the snow..but hearing it hit the ground.

You sound like my neighbor. He was chilling beers in the snow Saturday afternoon and offering them up.

23. This post has been removed.