Tea Party Costs Republicans the Senate

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Tea Party Costs Republicans the Senate

Imagine if the Tea Party had actually run sane people in Alaska, Nevada, and Delaware?  They could have taken control of the Senate.  But at least thay were able to vault Rand Paul to the US Senate.  I'm sure prescribing glasses for people will prove to be invaluable when it comes to understanding how the economy works, foreign policy, etc.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ForumCleaner. Show ForumCleaner's posts

Re: Tea Party Costs Republicans the Senate

In Response to Re: Tea Party Costs Republicans the Senate:
    [QUOTE]You know something about Alaska that the country doesn't?
    Posted by GreginMeffa[/QUOTE]

It is ranked number 2 (and some years number one) in Chlamydia rates.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Tea Party Costs Republicans the Senate : Yes,...........maybe they should have run people more like Al Franken? In fact, where`s Franken`s partner?  What was is name?,.......Davis I think. Yah,...Davis would have been a good candidate, right?
    Posted by jmel[/QUOTE]

Didn't Al Franken win?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

No.  Al Franken didnt really win, his margin of victory was convicted felons who illegally voted.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

Tea party affiliated Senators: 4 wins, 2 losses...
    I will give you Delaware and Nevada, but raise you Florida, Wisconsin, Utah and  Kentucky... 
      Marco Rubio, Mike Lee, Rand Paul, Ron Johnson...two more possibles ...Ken Buck in Colorado a close race....Joe Miller is behind Republican turncoat Murkowski in Alaska but may yet win, also.
    Not bad for a group only started a year ago, and belittled as a small band of kooks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatnow3. Show whatnow3's posts

Dirty the simpleton would like to see it this way.  But in reality it has nothing to do with the Tea Party.  It has to do with the candidates put forth.

What Dirty should really be asking is, how could an unknown like Sharon Angle ALMOST beat Harry Reid the head of the Dems in the Senate.

That speaks way more to the Dems than the Tea Party.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

In Response to Tea Party Costs Republicans the Senate:
    [QUOTE]Imagine if the Tea Party had actually run sane people in Alaska, Nevada, and Delaware?  They could have taken control of the Senate.  But at least thay were able to vault Rand Paul to the US Senate.  I'm sure prescribing glasses for people will prove to be invaluable when it comes to understanding how the economy works, foreign policy, etc.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

NH Senator Elect Kelly Ayotte was Tea Party and Sarah Palin endorsed and she beat the NH moonbat Paul Hodes 2:1.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shumirules. Show shumirules's posts

My question is how dumb are the people in W, they voted for a dem who claims he is going to stop what Obama is doing on cap and trade and healthcare. 

Problem is he would have voted for health care.

The people of WV basically fell for this lie, they must be the dumbest state in the union.

The 1st thing the new senator from WV is going to do is get on his knees and start kissing Obama buttt.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

"The 1st thing the new senator from WV is going to do is get on his knees and start kissing Obama butt"

Good news is Manchin is only filling out the last two years of Byrd's term, and he must face the voters in 2012 ! So if he toes the Democratic line, he will be thrown out.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

[QUOTE]My question is how dumb are the people in W, they voted for a dem who claims he is going to stop what Obama is doing on cap and trade and healthcare.  Problem is he would have voted for health care. The people of WV basically fell for this lie, they must be the dumbest state in the union. The 1st thing the new senator from WV is going to do is get on his knees and start kissing Obama buttt.
    Posted by shumirules[/QUOTE]
    I disagree. I like Manchin (spelling?) He is a JFK democrat conservative, country first. I think he will be a great Senator.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fafhrd. Show Fafhrd's posts

Haha Greg, are you starting some kind of "I can't wait until November 2012 thing?"  Seriously?  2 years of Remember in November all over again?  The more Republicans this country sees in office, the less they'll like the GOP.  And now the GOP actually has to lead and try to govern, which should be a massive fail.

Trust me the GOP will shoot itself in the foot trying to bring down Obama.  Ease up with your giddiness over 2012.  Sarah Palin, presumed nominee?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatnow3. Show whatnow3's posts

62- 64 seats gained in the House.

The libs on these boards are awful mouthy!
    This was a referendum on Obama.  Period.

And Fafhrd- people did remember in Nov.  The Dems only lost seats.  They lost seats in the House (more than 5 decades) and they lost seats in the Senate.

Any far left, bigger government, Obama agenda item is done.  Over.  Kaput.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shumirules. Show shumirules's posts

[QUOTE]The great Ted Sorensen died yesterday. Requiem aeternam
    Posted by GreginMeffa[/QUOTE]

How many people do you think know that Ted Sorensen wrote Profiles in Courage and they JFK paid him for it and put his name on it.

JFK has to be the only guy who paid to win a Pulitzer prize.

Its a disgrace that he didnt get the credit for it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

[QUOTE]Tea party affiliated Senators: 4 wins, 2 losses... I will give you Delaware and Nevada, but raise you Florida, Wisconsin, Utah and  Kentucky...    Marco Rubio, Mike Lee, Rand Paul, Ron Johnson...two more possibles ...Ken Buck in Colorado a close race....Joe Miller is behind Republican turncoat Murkowski in Alaska but may yet win, also. Not bad for a group only started a year ago, and belittled as a small band of kooks.
    Posted by BobinVa[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is far more comforting to know that they are in fact a large band of kooks.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fafhrd. Show Fafhrd's posts

Yeah jmel except there weren't really 129 TP candidates unless you define those candidates as Republicans whom the Tea Partiers like.  In that case it's almost all Republicans except the RINOS and even they are infinitely preferable to Dems.

The TP candidates who were under the spotlight were the Senate candidates who ousted GOP favorites a la Mike Lee in Utah, Joe Miller, Rubio, O'Donnell, Angle, Ken Buck among others.  It wasn't 113 / 129 but nice try, unless you're counting local govt. in which case who cares about that.  It was a mixed bag.  The TPers definitely hurt the GOP's chances to take the Senate, so I am grateful for O'Donnell and Angle.

That was the original head of the topic and it's mostly correct without knowing for certain.

And whatnow3, people "remembered" in November, although their memory only goes back 3 years at the most.  The thing is it doesn't matter, because Obama can veto whatever legislation a GOP controlled Congress could throw.  The election is over and now the GOP has to take some responsibility.  They can't be the party of No anymore.  Being forced to govern will not work in the GOP's favor.

I think the Republicans need to come out and promptly outline all their spending cuts to restore fiscal sanity.  I want to hear what cuts to the budget they want to make, as we have been promised details for so long.  The conservative posters should demand that their party explicitly state what programs they want to cut.  I expect the GOP will come out with about 1 trillion worth of cuts for the following fiscal year, am I correct?  Or will they propose $500 billion worth of cuts from govt. spending for the next budget?

Because I know people had a fit over $500 billion worth of cuts from Medicare Advantage over 10 years.  So really, the GOP will share their plan for fiscal sanity, right?  Do tell.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SalveteAmici. Show SalveteAmici's posts

The largest take back by Republicans in House in 70 years...What does that tell you?
    Also the fact that many more Republican State Governors have been elected and with that come the power of redisticting/influence.
    The above is based on a ten year census cycle.....so with this Republicansd can almost guarantee power for ten years more..... When one looks at a map of the USA there is far more RED than Blue, except of course each east and west coast liberal bastions exists.
    This is about to be the start of many battles to come, as President Barack Obama is clearly an ideolog and will not move more to the center politically. He will further divide us all and continue to create more enemies.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SalveteAmici. Show SalveteAmici's posts

The largest take back by Republicans in House in 70 years...What does that tell you?
    Also the fact that many more Republican State Governors have been elected and with that come the power of redisticting/influence.
    The above is based on a ten year census cycle.....so with this Republicansd can almost guarantee power for ten years more..... When one looks at a map of the USA there is far more RED than Blue, except of course each east and west coast liberal bastions exists.
    This is about to be the start of many battles to come, as President Barack Obama is clearly an ideolog and will not move more to the center politically. He will further divide us all and continue to create more enemies.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OscarBozachT00. Show OscarBozachT00's posts

Liberal lunatics ... DirtyWater fears the Tea Party. 

He cannot beat them on the battlefield of politics.

So instead he plays the Saul Alinsky card and says he is your friend and doesn't think the Tea Party is good for you.

The Tea Party just delivered the biggest political gain since 1935 ... and DirtyWater says they didn't do a good job.

Liberalism is a mental illness ... DirtyWater is a liberal ....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatnow3. Show whatnow3's posts

Fafhrd- you are greatly misinformed.  Man what world do you live on?  By the way, I am willing to bet you are Fractals/12 Angry, just more polite after you got booted AGAIN off of this site.  I am sure that will change in a week or two and you will be back to your old self. 

62-65 House Seats.

5 Senate Seats, and there are enough blue dogs that have turned on Obama to make it a majority.

Several of those Blue Dogs have mentioned repeal of Obamacare. 

And yes Obama has the veto, but you don't want people to refer to him as the President of No, do you?

I find you amusing.  The Dems (clearly your party) just took a "shelacking" and you seem to have it all backwards.

The Dems are the ones who have to do things moving forward.  They are the ones who are going to have to change their agenda.  No more big govt or spending of chinese borrowed monies.

And the Tea Party did not hurt the party, it helped.  We would not be seeing the energy we see without them.  Pretty amazing for an astroturf group don't ya think?

You my friend need to ask yourself how did these Dems almost lose to Odonnell, Angle etc. . .  That is more telling of the Dems than of the witches and unknowns who ran. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatnow3. Show whatnow3's posts

It is alwasy the repubs taht have to do something.  The onus is always on them.

Funny!

Obama has to do alot in all of this.  He has to get on his knees and kiss Boehners feet and apologize for being di&* the last two years.

I hope someone video's Pelosi moving out of her office, as Boehner gives her that shi& eating grin as she passes him in the hall.  Do you think she will remove all the B keys on teh computer like the Clinton people did when Bush won?