The best way to fix our federal govt!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

The best way to fix our federal govt!

I saw this today and I must say....I agree!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

Re: The best way to fix our federal govt!

Term limits would be a good start.

But...   

HAH!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Just do not vote for any incumbants!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

what a great idea.  Let's send a bunch of new people to DC who have no idea on how the government works. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

Ted Cruz.

I'll see that white flag now, tyvm.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ya, because everyone suks and it's better to have 535 neophytes running committees on foreign policy, finance, military oversight, judiciary ....

The whackjob wingnut strategy is working perfectly for their uninformed base.

Step 1: Organize a small band of nihilist zealots to maximize their influence.

Step 2: Exert over sized influence on party leaders through threats of 'primarying' those pols who don't agree with you in the next election.

Step 3: Persue the nihilist agenda by taking the country hostage and threatening the US economy because you are unable to convince informed voters, through the election process, that your ignorant ideology is an acceptable path for the country.

Step 4: Make good on threats to close gov't.

Step 5: Point to the closed gov't as evidence that gov't is broken.

Step 6: Retreat to your gerrymandered districts and listen to the echo chamber accolades.

[/QUOTE]

Or, we could go the progressive route:

step 1: take over a portion of the economy based on a false crisis.

step 2: force people to accept the government solution

step 3: the government solution fails.

step 4: claim it was because there wasn't enough regulation or we didn't spend enough money.

step 5:tighten the clamps on the people you claim to be helping.

step 6: raise taxes.

step 7: repeat.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:

what a great idea.  Let's send a bunch of new people to DC who have no idea on how the government works. 

Couldn't do worse than the current band of fools.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to skeeter20's comment:

Ya, because everyone suks and it's better to have 535 neophytes running committees on foreign policy, finance, military oversight, judiciary ....

Step 2: Exert over sized influence on party leaders through threats of 'primarying' those pols who don't agree with you in the next election.

Step 3: Persue the nihilist agenda by taking the country hostage and threatening the US economy because you are unable to convince informed voters, through the election process, that your ignorant ideology is an acceptable path for the country.

Step 6: Retreat to your gerrymandered districts and listen to the echo chamber accolades.

step 4: claim it was because there wasn't enough regulation or we didn't spend enough money.

Heh, heh, heh.... hey spanky, even the healthcare czar from past wingnut administrations says you're a liar and a fraud.

Tom Scully, who has spent the last 30-some years oscillating between government and the private sector, is hoping to be his own best proof of the Obamacare gold mine. As a principal health policy adviser under President George H. W. Bush, he helped formulate many of those past Republican initiatives — like the shift to private-insurance programs — that Obamacare has put into law. Under George W. Bush, he ran the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services and oversaw a host of proto-Obamacare reforms, like Medicare Part D, which introduced competition into the government-supported health care market....

Another asked if Scully was worried about Congressional repeal. “It’s just not going to happen,” he said. “Don’t pay attention to Rush Limbaugh.” When Scully finally began his speech, he noted that the prevailing narrative among Republicans — assuming that many in the room were, like him, Republican — was incorrect. “It’s not a government takeover of medicine,” he told the crowd. “It’s the privatization of health care.” In fact, Obamacare, he said, was largely based on past Republican initiatives. “If you took George H. W. Bush’s health plan and removed the label, you’d think it was Obamacare.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/03/magazine/the-president-wants-you-to-get-rich-on-obamacare.html?hpw&_r=0

But hey, ignorance is bliss, ... right spanky?

[/QUOTE]

You can rant and rave about wingnuts to your heart's content,  or some Heritage Foundation report in 1993, but you will never change the unalterable fact that NO Republicans voted for the trainwreck of Obamacare.

How many Republicans voted for ObamaCare, again? None.

Own it!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Ya, because everyone suks and it's better to have 535 neophytes running committees on foreign policy, finance, military oversight, judiciary ....

[/QUOTE]

Heh, heh, heh.... hey spanky, even the healthcare czar from past wingnut administrations says you're a liar and a fraud.

Tom Scully, who has spent the last 30-some years oscillating between government and the private sector, is hoping to be his own best proof of the Obamacare gold mine. As a principal health policy adviser under President George H. W. Bush, he helped formulate many of those past Republican initiatives — like the shift to private-insurance programs — that Obamacare has put into law. Under George W. Bush, he ran the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services and oversaw a host of proto-Obamacare reforms, like Medicare Part D, which introduced competition into the government-supported health care market....

Another asked if Scully was worried about Congressional repeal. “It’s just not going to happen,” he said. “Don’t pay attention to Rush Limbaugh.” When Scully finally began his speech, he noted that the prevailing narrative among Republicans — assuming that many in the room were, like him, Republican — was incorrect. “It’s not a government takeover of medicine,” he told the crowd. “It’s the privatization of health care.” In fact, Obamacare, he said, was largely based on past Republican initiatives. “If you took George H. W. Bush’s health plan and removed the label, you’d think it was Obamacare.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/03/magazine/the-president-wants-you-to-get-rich-on-obamacare.html?hpw&_r=0

[/QUOTE]

How does that make what I say wrong?

do you think I give two shots about what some republican rump swab says?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Best way? How about shrinking it to the point where the President has a chance to know what's going on?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Ya, because everyone suks and it's better to have 535 neophytes running committees on foreign policy, finance, military oversight, judiciary ....

[/QUOTE]

How does that make what I say wrong?

do you think I give two shots about what some republican rump swab says?

[/QUOTE]

Heh, heh, heh ... that would make you the rump swab, talking out of your a55 like that, versus someone who has 30 years experience in both public healthcare policy and private investment.

But ya, people should listen to an ideological imbecile like you ... just because.

[/QUOTE]

30 years experience?  Who's that?  If that's you, then Iwould have to say you are part of the problem.  If you actually think you are caring and are out to make a difference, here's a piece of advice:  Stop trying.  Gratifying your ego is costing me and millions of others our health insurance.

Yah, I'm just a citizen. No need to pay attention to me, when their are government workers and illigal immigrants to kow-tow to.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

As opposed to the cracker jack group we have down there right now?  If our congressional delegations were replaced by good managers; they could use hte current group of professional aid staff that are down there to get it done. We need a good paradigm shift in DC.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

In response to massmoderateJoe's comment:

paradigm shift

Corporate lingo? Boo.

I think term limits would be much wiser, but again, not likely to happen.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

In response to NowWhatDoYouWant's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]paradigm shift[/QUOTE]

Corporate lingo? Boo.

[/QUOTE]

Well in order to remain relevant corporations look at themselves all the time and go through paradigm shifts.  Successful corporations do this all the time.

Obviously what our federal government is doing right now isn't working.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

Well in order to remain relevant corporations look at themselves all the time and go through paradigm shifts.  Successful corporations do this all the time.

I understand what you were saying when you said "paradigm shift"......corporate prhaseology just makes me shudder.

Brings up memories of all the stupid bullsh!t phrases the execs used in meetings during the years my father worked in P&G....      "what is the key learning here?"

Etc.

The person who invented such lingo should be scourged with rods and burnt at the stake.

[QUOTE]

Obviously what our federal government is doing right now isn't working.

[/QUOTE]

Ok, but I am also [Edit: NOT] a major opponent of "X isn't working, therefore do anything else no matter what it is"....  

I want more than "not incumbent" as a qualification.

I'm not putting Joe the Plumber in congress just because his opponent is a four term gasbag. Joe's a moron, see?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingmarsh. Show Hingmarsh's posts

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, term limits is the best bet, but like you said, not likely to happen.  The entrenched clowns that are in there would never put up a bill that limits their time at the trough. 

Every one of them from Cruz to Reid and everyone in between can go along with them.  This government is not working the way we want it to because they've had enough time to make it work their way.  The continuity argument some people make is totally clueless.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to NowWhatDoYouWant's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]paradigm shift[/QUOTE]

Corporate lingo? Boo.

[/QUOTE]

Paradigm?

All I know is that, a QUARTER, is worth more than a paradigm.

I guess I have attended too many "let's all put on our thinking caps and change the way we look at our business" seminars.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to Hingmarsh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, term limits is the best bet, but like you said, not likely to happen.  The entrenched clowns that are in there would never put up a bill that limits their time at the trough. 

Every one of them from Cruz to Reid and everyone in between can go along with them.  This government is not working the way we want it to because they've had enough time to make it work their way.  The continuity argument some people make is totally clueless.

[/QUOTE]

George Carlin sums it up perfectly...

NSFW due to language

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIraCchPDhk

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingmarsh. Show Hingmarsh's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Hingmarsh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

George Carlin sums it up perfectly...

NSFW due to language

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIraCchPDhk

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I can understand the sentiment.