The "BIG O", SOFT ON POT !!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

The "BIG O", SOFT ON POT !!!

Can't make this stuff up !!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

Re: The

And?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedwardnicky. Show jedwardnicky's posts

In response to NowWhatDoYouWant's comment:

And?

He can't make this stuff up because he has no imagination?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

The country is going to pot...... badoom ching.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Wake up AMERICA, it is MUCH LATER THAN YOU THINK !!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Not surprised, and personally I think Colorado has the right idea.  But when my wife admonishes me about the grandkids I have some second thoughts.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Glad to hear it.

Only an idiot or an ideologue could try and argue that pot is more dangerous than alcohol or tobacco.

Unfortunately, the cultural stigma against pot will remain for quite some time.  Meanwhile, the percentage of americans who have tried it will increase, and poor minorities will still be locked up for it disproportionately...

...as the "war on drugs" continues toward its big government goals unabated.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Glad to hear it.

Only an idiot or an ideologue could try and argue that pot is more dangerous than alcohol or tobacco.

Unfortunately, the cultural stigma against pot will remain for quite some time.  Meanwhile, the percentage of americans who have tried it will increase, and poor minorities will still be locked up for it disproportionately...

[/QUOTE]

Maybe those poor minorities shouldn't get caught with illegal substances. Just sayin.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to MattyScornD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Glad to hear it.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe those poor minorities shouldn't get caught with illegal substances. Just sayin.

[/QUOTE]

Simplistic to a fault.

Even when caught, minorities are several times more likely to get jail time than whites are.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

As a follow up to his stance, he should declare a general pardon for anyone sitting in jail for anything relating to small quantities of pot.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to UserName9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As a follow up to his stance, he should declare a general pardon for anyone sitting in jail for anything relating to small quantities of pot.

[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't the federal law need to change for that to happen? Whether you like it or not the law is the law. You can't pick and choose which ones you'd like enforced.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't the federal law need to change for that to happen? Whether you like it or not the law is the law. You can't pick and choose which ones you'd like enforced.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think so.  Pretty sure the president can pardon anyone he wants.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sure but it's usually not tens of thousands of people. So let's just get real eh.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sure but it's usually not tens of thousands of people. So let's just get real eh.

[/QUOTE]

He should do it on the grounds of deficit reduction.  It costs a lot to keep a person locked up. 

And which pot city do you like in the Super "Bowl"?  Denver or Seattle?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He should do it on the grounds of deficit reduction.  It costs a lot to keep a person locked up. 

And which pot city do you like in the Super "Bowl"?  Denver or Seattle?

[/QUOTE]

Denver. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's been done before.  Kennedy pardoned all first-time offenders convicted under the Narcotics Control Act.  Harding pardoned everybody convicted under the Sedition Act.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to slomag's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's been done before.  Kennedy pardoned all first-time offenders convicted under the Narcotics Control Act.  Harding pardoned everybody convicted under the Sedition Act.

[/QUOTE]

How many were pardoned in each instance? Not tens of thousands I can assure you of that.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How many were pardoned in each instance? Not tens of thousands I can assure you of that.

[/QUOTE]

No, not that many - 500 to 800.  But it's within his powers.  Andrew Johnson pardoned all confederate soldiers.  That was 7,000 when the population was 10% what it is now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_pardoned_or_granted_clemency_by_the_President_of_the_United_States

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No, not that many - 500 to 800.  But it's within his powers.  Andrew Johnson pardoned all confederate soldiers.  That was 7,000 when the population was 10% what it is now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_pardoned_or_granted_clemency_by_the_President_of_the_United_States

[/QUOTE]

Right. So I say tens of thousands aren't pardoned by a president and you said its been done before....except it hasn't. Glad we cleared that up. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

I can't speak to whether or not it's in the President's power to pardon thousands of people convicted for simple possesion but I think that it would be a really good idea.

Personally, I think that jail should be reserved for people that represent a threat to society. I hardly think that smoking pot rises to that level.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I can't speak to whether or not it's in the President's power to pardon thousands of people convicted for simple possesion but I think that it would be a really good idea.

Personally, I think that jail should be reserved for people that represent a threat to society. I hardly think that smoking pot rises to that level.

[/QUOTE]

I wonder how many of those in jail for possession of illegal substance such as pot were on probabation for something else or it was their third strike? I have no idea what the number is but I wouldn't be surprised if it was fairly high. I was on probabation for a OUI back in '97 and I didn't so much as jaywalk the entire year. I wasn't going to screw up my chances of having a clean record. Point being that if someone keeps getting arrested over and over at some point enough is enough. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from twelve_angry_men. Show twelve_angry_men's posts

Of course the PotUS has the power to pardon tens of thousands of people, if he can pardon one he can pardon a million.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

My question is whether his pardon power is restricted to federal crimes or does it include state and local statutes. I'm too lazy to look it up.