The day after......Stocks plunge: Dow's worst day of the year

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Re: The day after......Stocks plunge: Dow's worst day of the year

Nice opportunism.  Just ignore the fact that the Market has doubled in the last 4 years.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to NO MO O's comment:
    [QUOTE]

BLAME GAME ALERT !!

MAtty,

You are reasonable. This is completely unsustainable.

I haven't seen anything close to leadership from dear BArry.

The country needs him to lead, not blame.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not blaming anyone.  I'm explaining PART of the reason for why the market reacted the way it did yesterday.  Like the market itself, the reasons are more complex.

Define your terms.  What would "leadership" from Mr. Obama look like to you.  Would you even know when you see it...?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]

Not politically correct but a 'Come to Jesus' meeting would be a start.

[/QUOTE]

That's very amusing.  Nice dodge.

Seriously though, would you even know "leadership" if it was in front of you...??

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]

I manage 20 developers. I should know something by now

[/QUOTE]

Of course, there's a profound difference between management and leadership.  Lots of people in leadership positions who couldn't lead their way out of a tin can...

...but you should already know that, since you "manage 20 developers".

I manage developers, too.  How many of yours are in India...?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

In response to Thesemenarecowards' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nice opportunism.  Just ignore the fact that the Market has doubled in the last 4 years.

[/QUOTE]

True, but If we keep seeing triple digit drops over the next few weeks, people, regardless of partty affiliation,  are going to be severley impacted financially, and it will only lead to more negative ecomomic news. The markets really need to see bipartisian cooperation NOW and no more stalling on the deficit and jobs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Market down again -120 pts almost 1%.  This wasn't the forward I was hoping for.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I doubt the trend will continue. In any event..Congress isn't too concerned. If they were..then they would come back to work..rather than blowing off a lame duck session.

BTW..the stock market drop the morning after Obama's election was bigger...over 400 points..

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to Thesemenarecowards' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You and others are reading too much into this that is not there.

The market is going down because it sees a smaller revenue stream ahead.  If conditions improve, it will go up.

As far as the relative level of the market being up under Obama:  Likely it is all that money sloshing around in the stock market.  Low rates have dirven people out of bonds.  nowhere else to go.  So, what do you have when you have too many dollars chasing too few goods?  inflation.  That's sort of what we have seen in the market.  Stock price inflation. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

"You and others are reading too much into this that is not there. The market is going down because it sees a smaller revenue stream ahead. If conditions improve, it will go up. As far as the relative level of the market being up under Obama: Likely it is all that money sloshing around in the stock market. Low rates have dirven people out of bonds. nowhere else to go. So, what do you have when you have too many dollars chasing too few goods? inflation. That's sort of what we have seen in the market. Stock price inflation. "

Stock price inflation? That's a new one.

The market had been up because... profits were up.

The reason the market dropped was because the next big issue is the fiscal cliff and no one has much confidence in the Boehner's ability to round up enough votes to get a compromise deal made with the Dems.

The market was up due to stock price inflation.  Good one.  that's like saying stock prices are up because the prices are higher.