The entire leftward march of the past 80 years leads to our ruin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

The entire leftward march of the past 80 years leads to our ruin

This is where we are, and, save for Ronald Reagan, we have had either lefties in charge, or complacent, weak, middle of the road republicans.

Time for the lefties to stand aside and let the conservatives fix this mess they have created with their oh, so smart ideas.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

Re: The entire leftward march of the past 80 years leads to our ruin

In Response to The entire leftward march of the past 80 years leads to our ruin:
    [QUOTE]This is where we are, and, save for Ronald Reagan, we have had either lefties in charge, or complacent, weak, middle of the road republicans. Time for the lefties to stand aside and let the conservatives fix this mess they have created with their oh, so smart ideas.
    Posted by skeeter20[/QUOTE]

You do know that Reagan had us in deficit and Clinton did not...  Reagan spoke a good game, but follow through... not so much.   Facts are inconvenient to you.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

Neither Reagan nor Clinton were responsible for deficits or surpluses....CONGRESS WAS.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In Response to Re: The entire leftward march of the past 80 years leads to our ruin:
    [QUOTE]In Response to The entire leftward march of the past 80 years leads to our ruin : You do know that Reagan had us in deficit and Clinton did not...  Reagan spoke a good game, but follow through... not so much.   Facts are inconvenient to you.
    Posted by Reubenhop[/QUOTE]

I guess you don't understand my point.  Maybe it was too complex for you. I'll try again.

The point is, now follow me here, that as the country has added leftist entitlements, our problems have grown.  This has happended under predominantly left leaning and "moderate"  (read liberal but not admitting to it) regimes, occasionally interupted by presidents who tried to correct the issues.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: The entire leftward march of the past 80 years leads to our ruin:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The entire leftward march of the past 80 years leads to our ruin : I guess you don't understand my point.  Maybe it was too complex for you. I'll try again. The point is, now follow me here, that as the country has added leftist entitlements, our problems have grown.  This has happended under predominantly left leaning and "moderate"  (read liberal but not admitting to it) regimes, occasionally interupted by presidents who tried to correct the issues.
    actually our country was doing quite well with the entitlements to help bridge the massive gap between poor and rich

it was when all the wars started (korea, vietnam, iraq 1 and 2, afghanistan, and last but not least, the drug war) when america's grip on the greatest country in history started to slip

and the drug war, america's longest war has been an abject failure of monumental proportions...and who really got that war going? you guessed it...ronnie raygun

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The entire leftward march of the past 80 years leads to our ruin : actually our country was doing quite well with the entitlements to help bridge the massive gap between poor and rich it was when all the wars started (korea, vietnam, iraq 1 and 2, afghanistan, and last but not least, the drug war) when america's grip on the greatest country in history started to slip and the drug war, america's longest war has been an abject failure of monumental proportions...and who really got that war going? you guessed it...ronnie raygun
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

Dems have had chances to do away with the drug war....yet haven't. Oopsie!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]Neither Reagan nor Clinton were responsible for deficits or surpluses....CONGRESS WAS.
    Posted by WhichOnesPink[/QUOTE]

So you don't blame Obama for our current situation?  Sure you don't.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The entire leftward march of the past 80 years leads to our ruin : I guess you don't understand my point.  Maybe it was too complex for you. I'll try again. The point is, now follow me here, that as the country has added leftist entitlements, our problems have grown.  This has happended under predominantly left leaning and "moderate"  (read liberal but not admitting to it) regimes, occasionally interupted by presidents who tried to correct the issues.

And per usual you don't understand basic rational thinking.  Reagan, your only conservative hero, did little to stop the growth of the programs you deplore and allowed us to have a deficit (unlike Clinton). According to your twisted little ideology you should therefore hate everybody, Reagan included. But, like I said, logic is not your concern.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

In Response to The entire leftward march of the past 80 years leads to our ruin:
    [QUOTE]This is where we are, and, save for Ronald Reagan, we have had either lefties in charge, or complacent, weak, middle of the road republicans. Time for the lefties to stand aside and let the conservatives fix this mess they have created with their oh, so smart ideas.

Conservatives created the mess , the country was humming along quite fine until Bush and the wing nuts took total control for six years . After that is was only a matter of time until we ended up here on their spending and policies they wouldnt allow the congress to change.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The entire leftward march of the past 80 years leads to our ruin : So you don't blame Obama for our current situation?  Sure you don't.

As I've stated in prior posts.....No I do not blame Obama. Any other questions?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

More like 50 years; LBJ Great Society over reach and Teddy's immigration policy changes set the table for today. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The entire leftward march of the past 80 years leads to our ruin : Dems have had chances to do away with the drug war....yet haven't. Oopsie!
    Posted by WhichOnesPink[/QUOTE]
    thats because a lot of politicians have made plenty of money on both sides because of the drug war

but i dont think we need to a detailed break down of how the war is most certainly a conservative policy...and another bad one at that

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]More like 50 years; LBJ Great Society over reach and Teddy's immigration policy changes set the table for today. 
    Posted by massmoderateJoe[/QUOTE]
    dont forget reagan's amnesty in order to buy catholic(conservative) votes for illegals

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The entire leftward march of the past 80 years leads to our ruin : dont forget reagan's amnesty in order to buy catholic(conservative) votes for illegals

That wouldn't of happened if immigration policy wasn't changed in the late 60's by Teddy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The entire leftward march of the past 80 years leads to our ruin : dont forget reagan's amnesty in order to buy catholic(conservative) votes for illegals

Just goes to show you, nobody's perfect.

I'm glad Reagan pardoned 10 million illegals to capture twenty or so conservative catholic votes. twit.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The entire leftward march of the past 80 years leads to our ruin : thats because a lot of politicians have made plenty of money on both sides because of the drug war but i dont think we need to a detailed break down of how the war is most certainly a conservative policy...and another bad one at that

BOTH sides have made plenty of money yet it's a "conservative" policy....BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The entire leftward march of the past 80 years leads to our ruin : And per usual you don't understand basic rational thinking.  Reagan, your only conservative hero, did little to stop the growth of the programs you deplore and allowed us to have a deficit (unlike Clinton). According to your twisted little ideology you should therefore hate everybody, Reagan included. But, like I said, logic is not your concern.

Aren't you going to accuse me of lack of critical thinking? 

Reagan at least tried to change things for the better, saved the economy, undit Caternomics, got rid of gas lines, brought mortgage rates down under the 15% Carter left us with.  Never said he was perfect, but he was out last real president.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The entire leftward march of the past 80 years leads to our ruin : Aren't you going to accuse me of lack of critical thinking?  Reagan at least tried to change things for the better, saved the economy, undit Caternomics, got rid of gas lines, brought mortgage rates down under the 15% Carter left us with.  Never said he was perfect, but he was out last real president.

Tax hikes , a soaring deficit , and hes was real alright a real actor playing a part . Hell his cyrstal ball reader had more of a impact on the country than he did. He like most modern day republicans are a myth created to play to you rubes.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

BeKool - Drinking this early in the day is not good.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lawboy. Show lawboy's posts

leaning to left never hurt anything

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from KittyDuke. Show KittyDuke's posts

Mary Jo Kopecne ??

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The entire leftward march of the past 80 years leads to our ruin : Aren't you going to accuse me of lack of critical thinking?  Reagan at least tried to change things for the better, saved the economy, undit Caternomics, got rid of gas lines, brought mortgage rates down under the 15% Carter left us with.  Never said he was perfect, but he was out last real president.

If you had real critical thinking you would agree that Bill (no deficit) Clinton was our last "real" president.  But that liberal hate thing gets in the way.... again.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

In Response to ">Re: The entire leftward march of the past 80 years leads to our ruin:
    In Response to Re: The entire leftward march of the past 80 years leads to our ruin : So you don't blame Obama for our current situation?  Sure you don't.
    Posted by Reubenhop

As I've stated in prior posts.....No I do not blame Obama. Any other questions?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The entire leftward march of the past 80 years leads to our ruin : If you had real critical thinking you would agree that Bill (no deficit) Clinton was our last "real" president.  But that liberal hate thing gets in the way.... again.

Look I supported Bill Clinton thiose were good economic times and I supported Hillary.  But on the financial side Bill got a nice free ride.  He capitalized on the peace dividened (after someone helped put the final nail in the cold war coffin) and he road the dot.com bubble until it started to deflate late in his term.   In retrospect, the peace dividend was milked a little too long and the US readiness was down when we had to respond to 911.  Leadership is all about intuition, skill and opportunity and what you do with them.

W was dealt a very tough hand with the dot.com bubble bursting, 911 and two wars (yeah one was a mistake) so as the economy was strugling congress supported Bush tax cuts and a lot of spending to prop up the economy which went bust in the fall of '08.

Now almost 3 years later or 2 1/2 yrs into Obama's first term the economy hasn't improved and in fact it appears that the car that Bush drove into the ditch is mired deeper into the mud, because Obama's policies haven't solved the problem and actually have exacerbated the economic problem by adding debt without benefit.

So Obama didn't get us into the economic ditch; but he is responsible for bad and ineffective policies which failed to tow the economy out of the ditch.  So unless the President can pull off an economic hail mary pass I think the nation is going to want a new quarter back in 2012.