The GOP's Last Stand

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

The GOP's Last Stand

As annoying and irritating as this latest bout of histrionics in the House is...if everything plays out the way I expect and the government shuts down as of Tuesday..the fight against the ACA is over..done..kaput.

This is the GOP's last stand on this matter..their final curtain call. A government shutdown will not stop the health care exchanges from opening up on Tuesday..and once that happens and the first insurance policy purchases are made, the ACA is a fait accompli.

...and yes..it's possible that parts of the ACA may "fail" as the GOP likes to say..but if that happens..they will be tweaked as all things in the past have been if they have been determined not to work as they intended.

So all things considered...in the face of the impending government shutdown..at least one thing will be resolved.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Re: The GOP's Last Stand

Dream on! The fight for freedom from overbearing tyrannical Government never ends.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

Purposely driving our economy off a bridge for the sake of denying millions of people access to healthcare is sociopathy.  We have now watched the Republican Party devolve into an irrational entity that has abandoned the most basic tenets of good governing.

President Obama and Congressional Democrats must stand firm in their insistence on a clean debt limit increase.  And the media must stop its false equivalency that claims that both sides are unreasonably unwilling to negotiation and, instead, inform the American public of how irresponsible the GOP is being.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

In response to UserName9's comment:

Purposely driving our economy off a bridge for the sake of denying millions of people access to healthcare is sociopathy.  We have now watched the Republican Party devolve into an irrational entity that has abandoned the most basic tenets of good governing.

President Obama and Congressional Democrats must stand firm in their insistence on a clean debt limit increase.  And the media must stop its false equivalency that claims that both sides are unreasonably unwilling to negotiation and, instead, inform the American public of how irresponsible the GOP is being.

Why are you lying? No one is denying access to anything.

The irrational entity is the progressive librul. There is not enough money to afford your hare-brained ideas. Plus their programs have proven themselves to be Ponzi Scheme failures that have driven the country into insolvency.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

Dream on! The fight for freedom from overbearing tyrannical Government never ends.

Br'er Crankup ..... if you want to fight for Freedom ..... enlist and carry a M-16 .

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to UserName9's comment:

UserName9,

The message that both sides are not equally responsible that but it is the GOP that is truly the irresponsible party in this case may truly be resonating with the American public.

Hours before the government is scheduled to run out of money and shut down, a poll released Monday morning found that more Americans will blame congressional Republicans than President Barack Obama for such a scenario.

According to the latest CNN/ORC International poll, a plurality of 46 percent said they would blame Republicans on Capitol Hill for a government shutdown while 36 percent said they would hold Obama responsible. Thirteen percent said they would blame both sides.

As some Republicans in Congress have pushed hard to defund the Affordable Care Act, the risk of a government shutdown has risen sharply. House Republicans passed a spending measure on Sunday that delays the health care law for one year.

Monday's survey wasn't the first indication that Republicans will absorb the lion's share of the public backlash if the government shuts down. A CNN/ORC poll released earlier this month also found that congressional Republicans would bear more of the fallout from a government shutdown than Obama.

Lawmakers are facing a midnight deadline on Monday to avert a governme

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Purposely driving our economy off a bridge for the sake of denying millions of people access to healthcare is sociopathy.

Black is white. Up is down. Thelma is Louise. We will always be at war with Eastasia.

--

Think for yourself, question authority.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

As annoying and irritating as this latest bout of histrionics in the House is...if everything plays out the way I expect and the government shuts down as of Tuesday..the fight against the ACA is over..done..kaput.

This is the GOP's last stand on this matter..their final curtain call. A government shutdown will not stop the health care exchanges from opening up on Tuesday..and once that happens and the first insurance policy purchases are made, the ACA is a fait accompli.

...and yes..it's possible that parts of the ACA may "fail" as the GOP likes to say..but if that happens..they will be tweaked as all things in the past have been if they have been determined not to work as they intended.

So all things considered...in the face of the impending government shutdown..at least one thing will be resolved.

histrionics?

Certainly you mean things like calling the Republicans terrorists, and the president calling them te@b@ggers?

That's what you mean, right?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

Br'er Crankup ..... if you want to fight for Freedom ..... enlist and carry a M-16 .

But, I thought the Left was "fighting" for health care?  Should they enlist and carry M16's?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

Playing patriot with your invisible friends?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

[QUOTE]Purposely driving our economy off a bridge for the sake of denying millions of people access to healthcare is sociopathy.

Black is white. Up is down. Thelma is Louise. We will always be at war with Eastasia.

--

[/QUOTE]

SB,

China is the major component of East Asia. Did we go to war with China last night while I was sleeping?

I know we are not BFF with China but it is not as bad as all that.

The sun will come up tomorrow, open enrollment in Obmacare will begin, the government will have a partial or full shutdown but life will go on. It always does.

We will keep butting heads over this issue...in a very civil way...my husband will have his next birthday (thank whoever he has made it this far/ hope he likes his gift besides still being alive).

Then we have over a year to the 2014 midterms where every single seat in the House is up for grabs. The GOP controlled House. Maybe with time we will have a better perspective on which side was more right in this game of government roulette.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

We will always be at war with Eastasia.

Or Eurasia.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

In response to Hansoribrother's comment:

No one is denying access to anything.

Without Obamacare, insurers would be denying access to insurance to persons with pre-existing conditions. Republicans are trying to get rid of Obamacare. I think that's where he was going...   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

In response to NowWhatDoYouWant's comment:

Without Obamacare, insurers would be denying access to insurance to persons with pre-existing conditions. Republicans are trying to get rid of Obamacare. I think that's where he was going...   

Indeed.  Its really not a stretch either.

But of course they'll promise to replace the law with the same healthcare reforms they've been trying to enact over the last several decades........None

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE]Dream on! The fight for freedom from overbearing tyrannical Government never ends.

[/QUOTE]

NWDYW,

Just noticed the name change. 1st UserName 9 now you. Just commenting.

As for CLC, he may also be watching too many period movies, like "The Patriot" Mayve he is in a time warp. It is 2013...not 1776.

Also playing with the abuse button it seems when he does not like a post. And as you have demonstrated...and others...they do not seem to reading much of anything that is reported right now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

In response to andiejen's comment:

Yeah. Over the weekend I found that I could only start threads. The post box would then disappear, replaced by two advertisements. The 'reply' button doesn't work.

Since everyone else seems able to post, I must have been "banned"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

NWDYW,

Indeed. Either that or in the case of large corporations, not covering you for a year.

Every time my huband changed jobs, we had to pay double premiums for years and years because of my pre-existing conditions. One premium for the new health plan...and one to continue the old plan plan for a year.

Not an expense a family needs...or deserves...while it is trying to make its way.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE]

Yeah. Over the weekend I found that I could only start threads. The post box would then disappear, replaced by two advertisements. The 'reply' button doesn't work.

Since everyone else seems able to post, I must have been "banned"

[/QUOTE]

NWDYW,

I took 5 weeks off starting July 25th because my husband had a serious downturn and was hospitalized.

Since I have been back, I have not seen a single post by you that should have been removed...not even close. Nevermind suspending you. IMO ridiculous. 

Also the same with UserName9. Really?

If it were me, I would contact BDC, find out if I were suspended. If so why and for how long. Maybe if the unwarranted suspensions are challenged they will pay attention to what they are doing and not delete posts without reading them or suspend posters who should not be suspended. It ticks me off when this happens...esp. to posters who provide a lot of good commentary.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

China is the major component of East Asia. Did we go to war with China last night while I was sleeping?

No, it's just my oblique way of referencing Orwellian doublethink, Eastasia being the superstate in 1984 that Oceana was perpetually at war with and the primary focus of Oceana's Ministry of Peace.

I suppose that Obamacare will eventually become a department of the Ministry of Love. Or perhaps the Ministry of Plenty. Not sure on that one.

--

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

In response to miscricket's comment:

[QUOTE]

histrionics?

Certainly you mean things like calling the Republicans terrorists, and the president calling them te@b@ggers?

That's what you mean, right?

[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry didn't Mitch McConnell refer to the debt ceiling as a "hostage worth ransoming" just a couple years ago?  How many signs have I seen at Tea Party rallies talking about Tea Bagging the president?  

Yeah, lets not go there.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

NWDYW,

As for CLC, he may also be watching too many period movies, like "The Patriot" Mayve he is in a time warp. It is 2013...not 1776.

Also playing with the abuse button it seems when he does not like a post. And as you have demonstrated...and others...they do not seem to reading much of anything that is reported right now.

I do not report posts, please dont make assumptions lilke that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE]

NWDYW,

I do not report posts, please dont make assumptions lilke that.

[/QUOTE]

CLC,

I am glad to know that. I do not either. You unfortunately were the only poster that is on the other side of Obamacare that was on the "Obamacare Eve Is Here" thread when my very first post was removed.

I did repost it. You can see there is absolutely nothing in it that warrants removal.

I have noticed the political forums have become much more civil since I started. It would be very nice if posters did not report posts simply because they do not like the content...esp. now when moderators often seem to automatically remove a reported post.

I guess we have a stealth reporter. I apoligize to you. I have very much resented it when I have been accussed of reporting posts just because I am on a thread. 

Hope that makes us good.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE]China is the major component of East Asia. Did we go to war with China last night while I was sleeping?

No, it's just my oblique way of referencing Orwellian doublethink, Eastasia being the superstate in 1984 that Oceana was perpetually at war with and the primary focus of Oceana's Ministry of Peace.

I suppose that Obamacare will eventually become a department of the Ministry of Love. Or perhaps the Ministry of Plenty. Not sure on that one.

--

[/QUOTE]

SB,

Your reference went right over my head. Whoosh!!! Even worse I just resaw the movie "1984" the other night.

Not nearly as interesting, but I should think it belongs under the Department of Health and Human Services.

A few years from now, this will all seem very normal. Of course, we could then be debating/pushing for a single-payor option...the way Cal. seems to be going right now with Jerry Brown.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Purposely driving our economy off a bridge for the sake of denying millions of people access to healthcare is sociopathy.

--

SB,

I know we are not BFF with China but it is not as bad as all that.

The sun will come up tomorrow, open enrollment in Obmacare will begin, the government will have a partial or full shutdown but life will go on. It always does.

We will keep butting heads over this issue...in a very civil way...my husband will have his next birthday (thank whoever he has made it this far/ hope he likes his gift besides still being alive).

Then we have over a year to the 2014 midterms where every single seat in the House is up for grabs. The GOP controlled House. Maybe with time we will have a better perspective on which side was more right in this game of government roulette.

Don't tell me you missed the Eastasia reference?  Really?

Swing and a miss...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]China is the major component of East Asia. Did we go to war with China last night while I was sleeping?

--

[/QUOTE]

SB,

Your reference went right over my head. Whoosh!!! Even worse I just resaw the movie "1984" the other night.

Not nearly as interesting, but I should think it belongs under the Department of Health and Human Services.

A few years from now, this will all seem very normal. Of course, we could then be debating/pushing for a single-payor option...the way Cal. seems to be going right now with Jerry Brown.

[/QUOTE]

Single payer, otherwise known as government health care.