The real choice

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Re: The real choice

Damn...ya beat me to it. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

YOU can choose what I SAY you can choose and nothing else!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

How can Linus, a boy, "choose" an abortion?  He's anatomically ineligible.

Gotta love those strawmen, though.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Not surprised at who is taking this COMIC strip too seriously....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

If Linus gets an abortion, I'll be a little shocked.

All these years I had him pegged as a male.

While it is indeed common sense to avoid cigarettes and  large drinks that contain lots of caffeine and sugar. While incandescent bulbs can be used and still purchased...although eventually this dinosaur will be replaced by much more effecient lighting such as LED. While many people who would be dangerous to society with a fork and spoon own multiple firearms. I'll reserve comment on coal and on God ( the latter for obvious reasons).

I can go to Cumberland Farms right now and buy a pack of cigarettes and a liter bottle of soda. I can go to a church of my choosing, I could probably get my hands on a gun too. I still use a few incandescent bulbs and I can still buy them, but as they burn out I replace them with CFLs.

But I don't smoke , I don't drink soda, I don't own a gun, I don't follow any religion , but again, these are choices I made.

So, even though Lucy tells Linus that some things are bad for him or bad for the enviroment, people still choose these things. Governments and leaders can attempt to point you in a certain direction ( not always good) , but individuals in our society are constantly choosing unhealthy lifestyles....this will never change.

People have freedom of choice like never before. And they are choosing to do the wrong things. I choose a healthy lifestyle, not because someone tells me to, but because I like feeling good and hope to continue doing so for as long as possible.

Yes, you do have choices.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

Not surprised at who is taking this COMIC strip too seriously....

Not surprised at who immediately leaps into action with some brave internets-hair-pulling.....   

Thank you for your considered response. I do not know what we would do without your heroic efforts to monitor the quality of BDC posts.

Says the guy who posted...

I'm not oppressing you, Stan. You haven't got a womb! -- Where's the fetus going to gestate?! You going to keep it in a box?!

Or how about this one from Matty?

How can Linus, a boy, "choose" an abortion?  He's anatomically ineligible.

Gotta love those strawmen, though.

I always forget, only you and your ilk can post snarky comments....sigh...

And you wonder why I call you out for your HYPOCRISY! Good job!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

If Linus gets an abortion, I'll be a little shocked.

All these years I had him pegged as a male.

While it is indeed common sense to avoid cigarettes and  large drinks that contain lots of caffeine and sugar. While incandescent bulbs can be used and still purchased...although eventually this dinosaur will be replaced by much more effecient lighting such as LED. While many people who would be dangerous to society with a fork and spoon own multiple firearms. I'll reserve comment on coal and on God ( the latter for obvious reasons).

I can go to Cumberland Farms right now and buy a pack of cigarettes and a liter bottle of soda. I can go to a church of my choosing, I could probably get my hands on a gun too. I still use a few incandescent bulbs and I can still buy them, but as they burn out I replace them with CFLs.

But I don't smoke , I don't drink soda, I don't own a gun, I don't follow any religion , but again, these are choices I made.

So, even though Lucy tells Linus that some things are bad for him or bad for the enviroment, people still choose these things. Governments and leaders can attempt to point you in a certain direction ( not always good) , but individuals in our society are constantly choosing unhealthy lifestyles....this will never change.

People have freedom of choice like never before. And they are choosing to do the wrong things. I choose a healthy lifestyle, not because someone tells me to, but because I like feeling good and hope to continue doing so for as long as possible.

Yes, you do have choices.

It's a fri99in comic strip. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Oh bloody hell, do we really have to explain the point of this cartoon to some people? And here I thought you people were the party of nuance.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

And here I thought you people were the party of nuance.

Only when it suits them

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

HYPOCRISY!

This is you "contributing"?

facepalm...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Apparently BDC moderators don't like comic strips either...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In your language, my response to the above is:

WHOOOOSH!

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

/facepalm

HYPOCRISY!

Hahaha...you make this way too easy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

I'm guessing copyright issues but the ways of the BCD moderators are inscrutable and mysterious indeed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

I'm guessing copyright issues but the ways of the BCD moderators are inscrutable and mysterious indeed.

Copyright issues don't seem to bother them when others post comic strips and such. Eh...it got the job done...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

"If I'm being laughed at, that means I am right"

Heh....

The dedicated buffoon is hard to convince.

And yet you keep coming back...way too easy my friend....way too easy. Thank you!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

What happened to the original comment ?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

It was removed as it should be.

A. It makes no sense, as the male cartoon character cannot "choose" to have an abortion, as he cannot ever become pregnant.

B. The character Lucy tries to indicate that Linus does not have the "choice" to smoke or guzzle soft drinks ( of course he can't buy the cigarettes until he is of age). But , he still has these choices as he does have a choice to worship as he pleases.

C. ( The most likely reason), The cartoon characters Lucy and Linus are copyrighted and probably cannot be used without permission.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

...but, I forgot it's a f-----' cartoon...so therefore at the advice of a fellow poster ( an obviously ignorant one) , I should shut up.

I don't know you from a hole in a wall ..... I might not ever agree with you ..... but you don't have to shut up !!

btw I'm picking C .

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

It was removed as it should be.

A. It makes no sense, as the male cartoon character cannot "choose" to have an abortion, as he cannot ever become pregnant.

B. The character Lucy tries to indicate that Linus does not have the "choice" to smoke or guzzle soft drinks ( of course he can't buy the cigarettes until he is of age). But , he still has these choices as he does have a choice to worship as he pleases.

C. ( The most likely reason), The cartoon characters Lucy and Linus are copyrighted and probably cannot be used without permission.

A and B are not good reasons for censorship.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

heh.

That your "gotcha" moment? And you whine about me being a child....sigh...

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

...but, I forgot it's a f-----' cartoon...so therefore at the advice of a fellow poster ( an obviously ignorant one) , I should shut up.

Julia, as in Life of Julia, is a cartoon as well.

Yet millions of people are making life-altering decisions based on this fictional character.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

HYPOCRISY!

facepalm...

This is a still-shot from the play " Life of Julia".  In this scene, Julia pulls the hair of a taxpayer for refusing to buy her birth control.