The real question is: How could Obama not have known?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

The real question is: How could Obama not have known?

So Borger who normally is right in the satchel for Obama asks teh real question: How could Obama not have known?

Well it's a management style issue; Obama must have a shoot the messenger style so bad news doesn't reach him.  This works OK at a community organizing event but in government you need to know bad news before it blows up in your face.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/14/opinion/borger-obama-clinton/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

(CNN) -- As the story of the Obamacare website fiasco unfolds, senior administration aides tell me that the President is "mad, frustrated and angry."

Mad that his signature legislative achievement is stuck at the gate, frustrated that he's running out of time to fix it and angry that he's got a second-term agenda now going nowhere. He's so furious, in fact, that he stepped out of character to vent to an assembled group of top aides, saying he would have delayed the website if he had known it was a mess.

By Thursday, the president was venting publicly. "Had I been informed, I wouldn't be going out saying, boy, this is going to be great. You know, I'm accused of a lot of things, but I don't think I'm stupid enough to go around saying, this is going to be like shopping on Amazon or Travelocity, a week before the website opens, if I thought that it wasn't going to work."

All of which begs the real question: How could he not have known?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Re: The real question is: How could Obama not have known?

"As the story of the Obamacare website fiasco unfolds, senior administration aides tell me that the President is "mad, frustrated and angry."

"By Thursday, the president was venting publicly. "Had I been informed, I wouldn't be going out saying, boy, this is going to be great."

The usual spin from a politican in trouble, and the media swallows this malarkey.

One gets the impression from this CNN planted story,  that some Obama aide will soon be sacrificed as a scapegoat. And Obama's spin will be,

"heck I didnt  know anything...it was just a third rate burglary".... Oops, wrong Presidential liar.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

How can Obama be expected to know what's going on with this administation? I mean...it's not like he's the president....oh wait...never mind.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

To answer the OP question, and this is obviously just a guess on my part, I think that it's very plausible that Obama didn't know.

My guess is that it's a combination of things. Obama seems to be a very VERY off hands president, preferring speech reading and golf to the nitty-gritty of policy making and governing. He's got people for that.

Also, my second guess is that it's hard for bad news to get through the praetorian guard of his high level advisers that he. by choice, has put in place.

So he's right when he claims that he's not stupid, at least there's no proof of this for or against, but it does provide evidence that he is an incompetent chief executive.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

What I can't figure out is what's worse? If he knew, and just flat out lied to everyone for years. Or, if he didn't know about any of this, and we have a completely removed president that relies on people that he appoints to hopefully get it right.

One really gets the feeling that he likes the title of being the POTUS, but wants very little to do with the work that comes with the job.

Can't say I'm looking forward to three more birthdays coming and going, but man 2016 cannot come soon enough!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

[QUOTE]It won't be all you're hoping it will, unless the GOP realizes it needs to jettison the TP and other far right extremists.[/QUOTE]

That would be a lot easier if the Democrat party jettisons the far left extremists in the party. Leaving approximately 5 people. Seemingly.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

[QUOTE]Are these the only two possibilities you can imagine?[/QUOTE]

The cake. You can leave it in the fridge or you can eat it. You can't do both.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I heard one fairly prominent conservative entertainer describe Mr. Obama as "incapable of accountability."

To me, the president is becoming like the boy who cried "Wolf!"

Doesn't know anything about this . . .

didn't know anything about that . . .

won't know anything about the other thing.

And we've got a country roughly half full of people who think that's just fine.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Well I hope that it's only amnesia,

believe me I'm sick but not insane,

Well I home that it's only amnesia,

my friends they don't look at me the same!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

In response to p-mike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I heard one fairly prominent conservative entertainer describe Mr. Obama as "incapable of accountability."

[/QUOTE]

On the "accountability" point, I believe that the only reason President Obama is keeping Kathleen Sebelius on the job is that he'd never be given the chance to replace her.  Anyone presented as a replacement would be blocked by the Senate.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

The technical issues for why the website has been balky are fairly complex and have more to do with the data streams, networking and back end architecture...as well as both corporate and federal governance issues re: data and the ability for various systems to talk to each other.

And I say this as someone with connections to other IT professionals with first-hand knowledge of some of these projects.  So far, I have no real reason to doubt what I've heard, held as I am to confidentiality on these matters.

With that said, despite the elevated media profile, there are quite literally thousands of such IT projects in process at any given time, and every single one of them has the potential to experience these same technical glitches.

Which is what they are, by definition: technical

As to the political causes/implications, that's even more arcane and complex then the systems and software.  I don't know what or when POTUS knew of the issues, but technical discussions like this can be hard for non-tech people to understand.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from movingtarget13. Show movingtarget13's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

"And we've got a country roughly half full of people who think that's just fine."

We have a country "half full" of people that don`t know who their senators are, who their congressmen are, lay on the couch waiting for their check, and don`t even know what Obamacare is.  

They get up, sober up, and go out every 4 years to vote for a Democrat.

If you like your Democrat, you can keep your Democrat.......period!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to UserName9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

On the "accountability" point, I believe that the only reason President Obama is keeping Kathleen Sebelius on the job is that he'd never be given the chance to replace her.  Anyone presented as a replacement would be blocked by the Senate.

[/QUOTE]

Ah....see ya got your crystal ball out eh?!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Funny how it's not a "glitch" anymore huh??? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It was and is a series of glitches...most technical, some not.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Right...got it...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to MattyScornD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Right...got it...

[/QUOTE]

Right...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Garbage in, garbage out... as they say.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Garbage in, garbage out... as they say.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly