Truer words have never been spoken

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

Truer words have never been spoken

"You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift. You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down. You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred. You cannot build character and courage by taking away people's initiative and independence. You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Truer words have never been spoken

In Response to Truer words have never been spoken:
    [QUOTE]"You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift. You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down. You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred. You cannot build character and courage by taking away people's initiative and independence. You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves."  Abraham Lincoln
    Posted by hawkeye01[/QUOTE]GOOD POST......  NOW TELL THAT TO THE "BIG O" AND HIS RADICAL LIBERAL GANG !!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from giraffe-77. Show giraffe-77's posts

[QUOTE]"You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift. You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down. You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred. You cannot build character and courage by taking away people's initiative and independence. You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves."  Abraham Lincoln
    Posted by hawkeye01[/QUOTE]

Good post.  I hope the folks who spent our surplus, sold us to China, drove up unemployment, etc. read it too.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from natural. Show natural's posts

PALIN 2012.

Our only hope.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

In Response to Re: Truer words have never been spoken:
    [QUOTE]PALIN 2012. Our only hope.
    Posted by natural[/QUOTE]

I hope you're kidding. God help us all if that ever happens.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Truer words have never been spoken : Liberal monkeys will sooner fly out of my a55
    Posted by GreginMeffa[/QUOTE]

I know it. You know it. But for some reason many on the Left don't get it.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from schadenfreude98. Show schadenfreude98's posts

Truer words may have never been spoken, but this quote was never credited to Abe Lincoln.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

[QUOTE]Truer words may have never been spoken, but this quote was never credited to Abe Lincoln.
    Posted by schadenfreude98[/QUOTE]

Eh. Doesn't matter who said it. Words still ring true.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gabootwo2006. Show gabootwo2006's posts

[QUOTE]"You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift. You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down. You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred. You cannot build character and courage by taking away people's initiative and independence. You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." 
    Posted by hawkeye01[/QUOTE]

GREAT POST!!!!! Too bad that the left side of the isle in this country does not understand these points.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from giraffe-77. Show giraffe-77's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Truer words have never been spoken : I wonder If he's a relative of my Grandfather (born 1887),German. He used to quote some of his grandfathers sayings. "Them that can do and them that can't talk about it". "once you lie your a lair or if you steal your a thief " " people talk about other people to hide from themselves" " if your lazy, you gotta cheat"  And many others sayings, He was a genius redneck taut himself to read and write from the Bible.
    Posted by chiefhowie[/QUOTE]

How about:

Those who can, do.

Those who can't, teach.

Those who can't teach, criticize.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from scauma82. Show scauma82's posts

Wealth

In 1962, the wealth of the richest one percent of U.S. households was roughly 125 times greater than that of the typical household. By 2004, it was 190 times (EPI, State of Working America 2006-07, Figure 5B).

The richest one percent of U.S. households now owns 34.3 percent of the nation's private wealth, more than the combined wealth of the bottom 90 percent. The top one percent also owns 36.9 percent of all corporate stock. (EPI, State of Working America 2006-07, Table 5.1 and Figure 5F).

The total inflation-adjusted net worth of the Forbes 400 rose from $470 billion in 1995 to $1.25 Trillion in 2006. (Arthur Kennickel, Federal Reserve Board, Currents and Undercurrents: Changes in the Distribution of Wealth, 1989-2004 (pdf) and Forbes Magazine.)

The U.S. Personal Savings Rate declined from 11.2 percent in 1982 to NEGATIVE 1.1 percent in 2006. (Bureau of Economic Analysis, National Income and Product Accounts, Table 2.1)

www.demos.org/inequality/images/charts/dist_uswealth_thumb.gif" alt="" />

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from scauma82. Show scauma82's posts

and chances are everyone who will ever read this is in the bottom 90 percent, yet there will always be those who don't get it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from frankd8273. Show frankd8273's posts

i think we get it, but it doesnt seem to bother us like it does you scauma...We dont have that jealous hatred for those with more than us, and we are not stupid enough to kill the geese that lay the golden eggs in this damn country...go ahead and attack everyone that creates jobs in the country and well end up like cuba...There isnt such a large income disparity in cuba, but noone has sh*t. Would you like that better?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from scauma82. Show scauma82's posts

[QUOTE]i think we get it, but it doesnt seem to bother us like it does you scauma...We dont have that jealous hatred for those with more than us, and we are not stupid enough to kill the geese that lay the golden eggs in this damn country...go ahead and attack everyone that creates jobs in the country and well end up like cuba...There isnt such a large income disparity in cuba, but noone has sh*t. Would you like that better?
    Posted by frankd8273[/QUOTE]

jealous hatred? not quite, i do well in life and i am content. this was in response to the op. further to that, money does motivate me, i realize no matter how much you have, illness is illness, stress is stress, death is death, and a family's love is a family's love.

and your 'creating jobs' argument is simply false, i'd ask you look up the richest of the rich before you go making blanket statements like that. yes of course some of them do, just like some of the people who fall in the 90% create jobs, in fact they create more jobs, but for you to know that you'd have to actually do some research and not just blindly believe what you are told. small businesses employ more people than all large corporations combined, and that is a fact.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from scauma82. Show scauma82's posts

meant to say 'money does not* motivate me'