Washington State's I-1098 Initiative

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from schadenfreude99. Show schadenfreude99's posts

Washington State's I-1098 Initiative

The State has no income tax, and is voting today to add an income tax.....but only to those making $200k or greater.

Does this seem fair to anyone? 

http://money.cnn.com/2010/11/02/news/economy/state_taxes_washington/index.htm?source=cnn_bin&hpt=Sbin

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Re: Washington State's I-1098 Initiative

Not enough info in the article to make a judgement.  They don't state if there is a sales tax and if it applies to everything and they don't state there is a property tax.

I'd be more in favor of a capital gains tax.  I like the idea of taxing money a person earns off their money more than I do taxing money someone earned through their hard work.  Tax them on their investments.

A wealthy person who lives off their investments pays a lower tax rate than a person who works for a living.  They pay a lower income tax rate and they don't have payroll taxes withheld.

Let the wealthy pay their fair share.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ForumCleaner. Show ForumCleaner's posts

Re: Washington State's I-1098 Initiative

Its up to them. I think its fine to target the wealthiest members of society for a tax. But I also could give two sh!ts about what goes on in Washington State. Don't care for their food, music or coffee. Hopefully, when the aliens invade (and they will), they will use Seattle residents as target practice for their Varon T-Disruptors.