"We are 5 days away from "TRANSFORMING" the USA back to the USA !!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Re:

In response to devildavid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:
    [QUOTE]

...and the sour grapes start.

It looks like an electoral college landslide - again - and a 2-3% point win in the popular vote despite the obvious difficulties, including the massive popular vote win for Romney in the, ahem, South.

[/QUOTE]

Not sour grapes. There is a valid argument for eliminating the electoral college. The President is not just the President of the United States but the President of all the American people. In fact, George W. Bush would have lost the 2000 election if based on popular vote. That would have spared us 8 years of bufoonery. It cuts both ways and does not necessarily favor one party or the other. 

[/QUOTE]

I agree re the EC, and my comments weren't directed toward you, David.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Re:

[QUOTE]

In response to devildavid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

...and the sour grapes start.

It looks like an electoral college landslide - again - and a 2-3% point win in the popular vote despite the obvious difficulties, including the massive popular vote win for Romney in the, ahem, South.

[/QUOTE]

Not sour grapes. There is a valid argument for eliminating the electoral college. The President is not just the President of the United States but the President of all the American people. In fact, George W. Bush would have lost the 2000 election if based on popular vote. That would have spared us 8 years of bufoonery. It cuts both ways and does not necessarily favor one party or the other. 

[/QUOTE]

I agree re the EC, and my comments weren't directed toward you, David.

[/QUOTE]

Ok, that's cool.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Re:

Obama won and I will live with that.... no choice. Electoral College must go... I do not want to hear that so-and-so cannot win if they don't carry WI, OH, or CA. You never hear "if they carry Rhode Island or Maine or Arizona;" a few States do decide the vote and that is plain WRONG.

Chilli, sorry then. I was lashing out at a percieved stereo-type comment. Romney, Obama = all the same to me. Real Change ain't happening this round.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Re:

And by the way, IMO, Obama won fair and square no matter how you count it. Thats politics. You win or you lose and you live with the results.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Re:

[/QUOTE]

2% is hardly a vote of confidence, SMLV.  America consists of 50 states, a few shouldn't determine the race.  Voting was down from 131 mil in 2008 to 117,000. I'll let everyone decide for themselves, why. 

[/QUOTE]

2% is not huge, agreed.  But given the economy is still in a very fragile state, and that is the biggest concern of most people, it's a significant approval of Obama and/or repudiation of Romney.  This was the Republican's election to win, and they totally blew it.  I think this could spell a generation in the wilderness for the Republicans, and I couldn't be happier....just for social reasons, I don't think there's a huge difference elsewhere.

Also, Obama and his supremely large, talented and motivated team focussed on what they needed to win re-election, the EC;  had the popular vote been the clincher they would have used a different strategy and won a bigger share of the popular vote, IMO.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re:

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

WOW, "Stand-by for heavy rolls as the ship is coming about" !!!  Well in the spirit of being a good sport, good American, lousy looser, let me just say that the stage is now set for the "BIG O" to continue the destruction of the USA......This time, he won't beable to blame George, but will continue to blame the Congress !!!    Massachusetts must feel good this morning, knowing that they are sending the lib/left/rad/moonbat Liz Warren to D C to help the Marathon Man continue !!!!

[/QUOTE]

Ah, our resident genius checks in.  So, idiot, exactly which of President Obama's economic policies do you disagree with, and why?  Be specific, not your usual nonsensical rubbish.

[/QUOTE] ALL !!!!  But it will take another 4 years for all you lib/left/rad/soc/moonbats to see/feel it !!!!  Liz Warren, and another Kennedy ???  Massachusetts is soooo smart !!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Re:

WOW, "Stand-by for heavy rolls as the ship is coming about" !!!  Well in the spirit of being a good sport, good American, lousy looser, let me just say that the stage is now set for the "BIG O" to continue the destruction of the USA......This time, he won't beable to blame George, but will continue to blame the Congress !!!    Massachusetts must feel good this morning, knowing that they are sending the lib/left/rad/moonbat Liz Warren to D C to help the Marathon Man continue !!!!

[/QUOTE]

Ah, our resident genius checks in.  So, idiot, exactly which of President Obama's economic policies do you disagree with, and why?  Be specific, not your usual nonsensical rubbish.

[/QUOTE] ALL !!!!  But it will take another 4 years for all you lib/left/rad/soc/moonbats to see/feel it !!!!  Liz Warren, and another Kennedy ???  Massachusetts is soooo smart !!!

[/QUOTE]

Can you name even one of "all" and describe what it is about it that you disapprove of?  Again, with even a little bit of detail...otherwise you'd sound like a stupid, ignorant jerk.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Can you name even one of "all" and describe what it is about it that you disapprove of?  Again, with even a little bit of detail...otherwise you'd sound like a stupid, ignorant jerk.

[/QUOTE]

Remarkably like his baseball opinions.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Re:

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Obama won and I will live with that.... no choice. Electoral College must go... I do not want to hear that so-and-so cannot win if they don't carry WI, OH, or CA. You never hear "if they carry Rhode Island or Maine or Arizona;" a few States do decide the vote and that is plain WRONG.

Chilli, sorry then. I was lashing out at a percieved stereo-type comment. Romney, Obama = all the same to me. Real Change ain't happening this round.

[/QUOTE]

The problem is, if it was purely popular vote - and that would be my preference - the candidates would never go to 90% of the country....the big empty bits....causing complaints that so-and-so cannot win if they don't carry CA, FL, NY, MI....which, again, suits me!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re:

In response to Sheriff-Rojas's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I wonder if Nate Silver is interested in Sabermetrics.  I believe he predicted the results of every state correctly.  Perhaps the Red Sox can hire him as a consultant.

[/QUOTE]

Good post; he does look good today. To wit; he called VA for Obama by 1.4 %; it wasn't far off; ditto Ohio. In Fla, he called Obama 0.4%, it was 0.5%; uncanny

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Is the rest of the world lib/left/rad/soc/moonbats too? To wit; most of the world  (86% of Canadiens, for example) wanted Obama. Perhaps you should wonder why, and modify your (& the Republican's) wingnut agenda some. Romney & McCain lost because they veered right from their previously centrist view in order to satisfy some wacky constituents to get nominated; understandable, perhaps, but they needed to quickly return to the center afterwards; the running-mate choices in both cases didn't help either.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Re:

http://youtu.be/OjrthOPLAKM

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re:

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Is the rest of the world lib/left/rad/soc/moonbats too? To wit; most of the world  (86% of Canadiens, for example) wanted Obama. Perhaps you should wonder why, and modify your (& the Republican's) wingnut agenda some. Romney & McCain lost because they veered right from their previously centrist view in order to satisfy some wacky constituents to get nominated; understandable, perhaps, but they needed to quickly return to the center afterwards; the running-mate choices in both cases didn't help either.

[/QUOTE]I know that the Russians are THRILLED !!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re:

[QUOTE]

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

These are not the same Russians from the Red Scare days, nor are they even close to our biggest adversaries these days; get with the times.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Re:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrHs8CWDzmc&feature=share&list=PL43DF333E9B038ED2

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Re:

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ah, so it's Russia you are an expert on.  What are your thoughts on why Putin still is getting such high approval ratings in Russia?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re:

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i agree, i have many republican friends who did not bother to vote because we all live in NY (predominantly democrat) and their vote for romney "doesn't count". the electoral college totally undermines the voting process and discourages people from going out to vote. if you want to improve voter turnout....... MAKE THE VOTES COUNT!!!!!

i am neither democrat nor republican (voted Obama BTW) but i believe the biggest reason why romney and co. didnt win is because they did a terrible job with speeches. i watched the republican national convention and the speeches that were made were horrendous. half of it was made up BS and the other half was semi-true statements twisted and convoluted to try to discredit Obama. the democratic national convention the speakers actually used facts and (accurate) numbers to support themselves. factor in Mitt flipped positions more than dennis rodman changed hair colors and its no wonder why people were reluctant to give him their vote.

republicans need to relax. we survived 8 years of bush.... 8 years of Obama should be a walk in the park

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re:

We root for and support our politicians and parties much like we root for and support our athletes and sports teams. We have our " good guys " and our " bad guys." We need to take a sober and objective look at things. This country is in a steady state of decline in many , if not most,  areas .  We sorely need our leaders to work together to get this country on track and going in the right direction.  We cannot continue to do what we have been doing.  Will it happen ?  I kind of doubt it.  Maybe I am just a pessimist.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re:

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We root for and support our politicians and parties much like we root for and support our athletes and sports teams. We have our " good guys " and our " bad guys." We need to take a sober and objective look at things. This country is in a steady state of decline in many , if not most,  areas .  We sorely need our leaders to work together to get this country on track and going in the right direction.  We cannot continue to do what we have been doing.  Will it happen ?  I kind of doubt it.  Maybe I am just a pessimist.

[/QUOTE]

i am an optimist and i agree lol. doesn't matter who got elected because the different parts of our gov't are not working together. too much political infighting going on. finger pointing instead of working together

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Re:

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

I wonder if Nate Silver is interested in Sabermetrics.  I believe he predicted the results of every state correctly.  Perhaps the Red Sox can hire him as a consultant.

Nate Silver is a statistican who cut his teeth at Baseball Prospectus before entering the political arena:

http://readwrite.com/2012/11/05/how-statistician-nate-silver-has-thrown-a-wrench-into-tradtional-election-metrics

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Re:

In response to MadMc44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I haven't heard the popular vote results but 303 to 203 is a pretty good testimonial that the Repubs and Dems better start working together and find a way to get us out of the recession that's looming in 2013. Start talking and stop thinking about the next election.

If they don't settle their differences---who knows what will happen? Could the TV show,"Revolution", actually occur in the US and possibly the world?

[/QUOTE]

I don't look for them to start working together at all.  Instead it's going to be more of the same.  The same discussions followed by the same filibusters. 

My prediction is that the Republicans will immediately start campaining for 2016 by making sure nothing gets accomplished by this Democratic administration.  Then the R's can say in 2016, "Look how little the Democrats have done in eight years."

As for me I'd rather have "nothing" done than have to face what Romney wanted to do.  Sometimes less is more. 

25. This post has been removed.