What would you do to create jobs?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Re: What would you do to create jobs?

Increase the Federal gas tax immediately to fund needed transportaion infrastructure improvements.  Most states have a number of projects sitting on the shelf waiting for funding.  Even if not designed yet; most states also let design-build contracts which means if we started now we could have a stromg constrcution season start in march 2011.

Mass needs funds for barrier free tolling opportunities like the NH Hampton Tolls, there are hundreds of bridges in need of repair.  Cities and Towns need to update many urban or downtown intersections. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

In Response to What would you do to create jobs?:
    [QUOTE] I would start with a flat tax. Taxed after first 40g (no corp tax, tax personal profit).  taxed when received, payed at end of month or pay interest same as credit card.    No!  Gov aide to other governments, unless approved by 2/3 congress.  close 80+ overseas military bases.   repeal health care  No pork!  each bill must be read before congress. no amendments.  well that's my start. 
    Posted by howiewho[/QUOTE]

LMLAO

Half of that or more will create jobs alright for the unemployment office to handle all the new claims . And a flat tax will never work the wealthy wont allow it and its a crack pipe dream to think they would.  

All corporations who took jobs out of the country get cut off from bringing their products back in the country. That alone will create a opportunity for new companies to make the products they no longer make here because of corporate greed. Or make them bring them back because of stopping it so they can deal in the country. Either way a win win for the workers and the country and tax base. 

Oh and what joe said before he wing nuts out . 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Cut all gov't spending 50%.  Lower income taxes 25%.  Eliminate the corporate income tax.  Close all loopholes.

There are other things worth doing, but that will cover it for now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

In Response to Re: What would you do to create jobs?:
    [QUOTE]Cut all gov't spending 50%.  Lower income taxes 25%.  Eliminate the corporate income tax.  Close all loopholes. There are other things worth doing, but that will cover it for now.
    Posted by skeeter20[/QUOTE]

Yea lets bankrupt the country and start over that will get the jobs flowing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What would you do to create jobs? : Yea lets bankrupt the country and start over that will get the jobs flowing.
    Posted by beKool[/QUOTE]

Kool:  You got it backwards.  What we are doing now is bankrupting the country.  What I suggest is actually be less dependent on the government, as well as a balanced financial picture.

Be careful to not make the mistake that liberals always make, that  "today" is the only place we can be.  Think about where you want to be in five years.  That's what I did, and that is what is behind my recommendation.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What would you do to create jobs? : Kool:  You got it backwards.  What we are doing now is bankrupting the country.  What I suggest is actually be less dependent on the government, as well as a balanced financial picture. Be careful to not make the mistake that liberals always make, that  "today" is the only place we can be.  Think about where you want to be in five years.  That's what I did, and that is what is behind my recommendation.
    Posted by skeeter20[/QUOTE]

Skeeter pre Obama when Bush doubled the deficit you all said nothing . That is a fact , now that times are tough BECAUSE of the right wing policies you cry governments to big plus all the other whines. Where i want to be in five years is a personal goal , i cant hold the other 330 million people in this country to things i want for personal gain. Thats where guys like you lose it . Its all about you and what you can get for you . Country be damned . 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

Where i want to be in five years is a personal goal , i cant hold the other 330 million people in this country to things i want for personal gain. Thats where guys like you lose it . Its all about you and what you can get for you . Country be damned . 

That's only because you have one foot in the grave. Doesn't make you the humanitarian you think it does.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

[QUOTE]How about people on unemployment insurance working 20 hrs per week. If we could pair them with a job in their field even better but if not at least they stay in that working mentality. It would go along way towards the infrastructure deficit joe alluded to and it would provide some resume experience as well. The balance of the week they could be looking for a job in the private sector.
    Posted by airborne-rgr[/QUOTE]

Excellent idea.  People should be helped near term when they need it, but it isn't a vacation because they earned it.  Having people work for their benefits let's them know that life isn't a free ride and it will give them the pride of earning their assistance money.  If it's an entitlement you end up with UK problems when the money doesn't exsit.