Busy Since Birth, Wednesday, favorite post

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCKristi. Show BDCKristi's posts

Busy Since Birth, Wednesday, favorite post

So far, Cheryl Stober, who blogs at BusySinceBirth.com, has introduced herself and shared 20 facts about herself and her blog.

Today we want to know your favorite post and why, Cheryl!

Attention readers: Feel free to post comments and questions for Cheryl in this thread. Or just stop by to say "hi." And please come back throughout the week to learn more about Cheryl and her blog. We'll be chatting with her every day in this forum.

Go here to learn more about this series and to nominate a local parenting blogger (or yourself!).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilMisBusy. Show LilMisBusy's posts

Re: Busy Since Birth, Wednesday, favorite post

Hi all - posting from home today as I'm in bed with a stomach bug! Hope you're all feeling better than I am. :(

I think my favorite blog post was written this past summer. It's called When Having It All Requires Risking A Lot (A Post for E. It was the first time I truly realized the potential my blog held. I'd always had people tell me in the past that they liked it, and I love hearing that, but this was the first time someone had really called me out because of it. Well, E didn't really call me out, but she wanted the honest truth.

As parents (heck, forget the kids, ALL HUMAN BEINGS), we make so many decisions, and it can be really overwhelming. By deciding to work the year that my son was an infant and my daughter finished her last year of preschool, my husband and I took a leap of faith that it would all work out. We were fortunate that it did - but in the moment I recount in this post, nearly four years later, it's clear that I didn't think life was working then. Obviously, not all moments can be saved with a trip to Disney World, but I think the coping strategies that my participants have shared in The Having It All Project are great reminders of how we all have to get through those moments.

It's one of those posts that I can re-read and make myself cry. When that happens, I know I've done something right. Thanks for letting me share it!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCKristi. Show BDCKristi's posts

Re: Busy Since Birth, Wednesday, favorite post

I think we can all relate to your post. I know I can. Thanks for sharing it. And I hope you are feeling better!