Honest Mom, Tuesday, 20 facts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCKristi. Show BDCKristi's posts

Honest Mom, Tuesday, 20 facts

This week we are featuring JD Bailey, who blogs at Honest Mom. Yesterday, she introduced herself.

Today, JD, we'd love to hear 20 facts about you and your blog!

Attention readers:

Feel free to stop by to say "hi" to JD. We'll be chatting with her all week long in these forums so please come back. 

And to find out more about this series or to nominate a blogger (or yourself!) go here.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JD Honest Mom. Show JD Honest Mom's posts

Re: Honest Mom, Tuesday, 20 facts

20 Facts about Honest Mom: The Blog and the Mom Behind It

1. I’m a mom of two girls: Anne, who is about to finish up 1st grade, and Grace, who is 4 and 1/2 (the 1/2 is VERY important, of course)
    2. Hubs and I are celebrating our 10-year wedding anniversary this summer.
    3. I’m a copywriter and work part-time, freelancing out of my home.
    4. I started Honest Mom to connect with other moms online and provide a space for women to vent and laugh - especially moms dealing with PPD or depression.
    5. I write mainly about raising my little girls and managing my depression. My blog posts can be funny or thought-provoking - depends on my mood!
    6. This past February, I appeared in a Parenting Magazine article about parents and depression. It was picked up by CNN, which led to me appearing on Katie Couric’s show in March.
    7. I was hesitant to go on TV but it turned out to be great. I reached a ton more moms who deal with depression and I was thrilled to spread the word that depression isn’t something to be ashamed of.
    8. I have been on and off antidepressants (SSRIs) since I was diagnosed with postpartum depression (PPD) soon after Grace was born. SSRIs make me feel like regular, normal me, and I’m very grateful for modern medicine.
    9. I’ve been writing since I was in junior high, and my first story was about summer camp.
    10. I am an only child.
    11. I grew up going out to restaurants with my parents, and learned to appreciate good food at a young age. If I had unlimited budget and calories didn’t count, I’d go out to dinner to top restaurants at least 2x a week!
    12. I danced tap, jazz, ballet, and more from age 5 to age 21 and still loooooove to dance.
    13. I am not shy. At all. I usually have a big smile on my face and I love meeting new people. But until high school, I was much more reserved and hesitant.
    14. I used to be a big old hippie crunchy girl. I still wear Birkenstocks.
    15. I am a closet science fiction fan. I am a bit of a geek deep down. In fact, one of my top 5 movies is the 2009 Star Trek movie. My dad was a computer science guy and my mom was a math teacher. There was no way to escape geekdom.
    16. Things I dislike: working out, bad coffee, whining, close-minded political nutjobs, catty women, and people who have no concept of personal space.
    17. Things I love: wine, gardening, cooking food that is awesome but no one in my family will eat because it’s not pasta, writing, my Macbook, making pretty baked goods and crafts with my kids, good coffee, my iPhone, and really good chocolate. Not necessarily in that order.
    18. My yard is filled with gardens - shade, sun, and veggie - and if I was independently wealthy, I’d spend all of my free time gardening and writing.
    19. Because I am a gardener, I almost always have dirt under my fingernails and my knees seem to be permanently dirty. No matter what I do. It’s a bit embarrassing.
    20. The first live concert I went to was New Kids on the Block. Not REM. Even though I tell everyone it was REM.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCKristi. Show BDCKristi's posts

#2 & #12 - me too!

#20 - lol!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottcg. Show scottcg's posts

Love JD and her Honest Mom blog!! #20..hahaha!!