Keeping the Glass Half Full, Monday introduction

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCKristi. Show BDCKristi's posts

Keeping the Glass Half Full, Monday introduction

Our Featured Parent Blogger this week is Samantha McGarry, who blogs at Keeping the Glass Half Full.

Welcome! Please introduce yourself and tell us about your blog.

Attention readers: To learn more about this series and nominate a local parenting blogger (or yourself!), go here.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SamanthaMcG. Show SamanthaMcG's posts

Re: Keeping the Glass Half Full, Monday introduction

Hi, thanks so much for this opportunity! I'm a Mom of two kids aged 8 and very almost 6. I work full-time in public relations so I tackle that "having it all/working Mom/life balance" thing every single day. We live in Framingham with my wonderful husband, a kleptomaniac dog and a cat.

I've worked in PR for 20+ years and have spent a large chunk of that time writing for my clients - press releases, contributed articles, blog posts ...etc. I started my own blog because I felt it was time to write for myself. I have all this stuff in my head combined with all this professional experience about communications. So, on a whim, I started my blog in Dec 2011. Little did I know that it would actually turn into my hobby and, in fact, a real passion. And that people would relate with me and enjoy my writing!

I called my blog Keeping the Glass Half Full because it represents my mindset on life. I'm an optimist at heart. Sure, I like to complain about the nonesense that being a parent and society throw at us but I try my best to tackle things with a healthy dose of perspective and humor. I write about whatever's on my mind and in my heart. From the mundane tasks of household management, to the crazy things kids do, to Mommy hair issues and much randomness in between. Other than loving the outlet of writing, I also really enjoy connecting with other parent bloggers, reading their experiences, sharing a laugh, a shoulder. 

Did I mention that I'm British? That's also provided me with acres of good blog fodder!

So that's my intro. I'm sure you have questions so fire away! I'm all ears.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dadofthedecade. Show dadofthedecade's posts

Heya! As an erstwhile parent blogger myself, and as a dude who currently works full-time, how do you fit the writing into your day? My one kiddo keeps me on my toes most of my waking hours. You've got more than one kiddo!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SamanthaMcG. Show SamanthaMcG's posts

Great question. My hardest challenge is not when to find the time to write, it's actually how to hang onto all the random ideas I have for posts that pop into my head all the time. I either jot them down on the waterproof post-it note I keep in the shower (most brilliant of all inventions!) or in the notes app on my iPhone. When I do write (usually on the weekend but sometimes mid-week in the evening if my brain is still awake) I write fast. I try for my writing to be authentic, most representative of the essence of me (down-to-earth, curious, irreverent, silly) so I try not to labor too hard over elegance,  phrasing, word choice - though I must stress that I am not a lazy writer either. I always strive for "le mot juste" and get super frustrated when I cannot nail it. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bestbudmom. Show bestbudmom's posts

http://www.janetamorello.blogspot.com/blendingwithautism