Keeping the Glass Half Full, Wednesday, favorite post

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCKristi. Show BDCKristi's posts

Keeping the Glass Half Full, Wednesday, favorite post

So far, Samantha introduced herself and shared 20 facts about herself and her blog.

Samantha, today please tell us one of your favorite posts in Keeping the Glass Half Full and why.

Attention readers: To learn more about this series and nominate a local parenting blogger (or yourself!), go here.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SamanthaMcG. Show SamanthaMcG's posts

Re: Keeping the Glass Half Full, Wednesday, favorite post

This is an easy one! It's not the post that had the most views or shares and it's definitely not one of my quirkier, humorous post. It is the post that means the most to me, and was a style of writing I hadn't attempted before which ultimately resonated deepely with many of my parent readers.

It's called "He Slips His Hand Into Mine" and I wrote it, almost exactly a year ago, on a bright sunny Spring day after a wonderful walk at Callahan State Park with my family and dog. Everyone was happy, jazzed at the sunshine, the fresh air, the shared enjoyment. As we were walking back to the car, my son (who is high on life most of the time) skipped up to me and grabbed my hand, just because. I felt his skin against mine and it ignited a need to capture this moment in words.

As soon as we got home, I sat down and wrote. As I've said before, I write fast and this one just flew out of me.

It's very precious to me: I hope you enjoy it too.