Mom's Lifesavers, Thursday, questions

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCKristi. Show BDCKristi's posts

Mom's Lifesavers, Thursday, questions

Our Featured Parent Blogger this week is Christine Cohen from Mom's Lifesavers.

On Monday, she introduced herself. Tuesday, she shared 20 facts about herself and her blog. And on Wednesday, she shared her favorite post of all time.

Today she is taking questions from YOU! So don't be shy. Ask away! Just post your question right here and she'll answer.

Readers, feel free to stop by to say "hi" to Christine. She is here all week long. 

Want to nominate a local blogger (or yourself)? Just post the blog here.

Read about previous Featured Parent Bloggers.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCKristi. Show BDCKristi's posts

Re: Mom's Lifesavers, Thursday, questions

Tell us something unexpected that happened to you as a result of blogging.

What is the best and worst parenting advice you've been given?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from HiBonnie. Show HiBonnie's posts

What are your thoughts on kids activites these days? Are they over scheduled?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from HiBonnie. Show HiBonnie's posts

Do you have a favorite family activity that you would share/recommend? We are always looking for ideas!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from momslifesavers. Show momslifesavers's posts

In response to BDCKristi's comment:

Tell us something unexpected that happened to you as a result of blogging.

What is the best and worst parenting advice you've been given?

I think one of the most unexpected things that has happened via blogging is signing up for Twitter and finding it such a fantatic venue for communication.  I couldn't believe I could meet new people from my community on Twitter and have had some really fun 'Tweetups' in my town.  I feel a real sense of community, so having the blog forced me to join twitter and it's been REALLY awesome!

The BEST advice is:  Motherhood has SEVERAL seasons - if you don't like the one your in, it will quickly change.  That has been true for nearly 13 years!

The WORST advice is:  NONE.  I have even found advice that I initially resist, has some truth to it.  I take advice and see if it applies to me.  If not, I just let it kindly go.  I think everyone has their own ideas...and I value that!

But one piece of advice that I do want to share is to not push your child to potty train early.  A child needs to be emotionally and physically able to do it.  The consequences for a unprepared child can lead to UTI's that can cause damage to a child.  Just my humble opinion.  :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from momslifesavers. Show momslifesavers's posts

In response to HiBonnie's comment:

What are your thoughts on kids activites these days? Are they over scheduled?

In this economy I see lots of families toning down their afterschool activities due to financial pressures.  In some locations and communities, I think this isn't a problem, but in my community it is apparent.  Families are choosing one special activity and focusing on that.  I think some kids really love to have LOTS going on...so it's hard to say honestly. 

In general, I see the economy taking a bite out of a lot of extras.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from momslifesavers. Show momslifesavers's posts

In response to HiBonnie's comment:

Do you have a favorite family activity that you would share/recommend? We are always looking for ideas!

I LOVE to walk the beach or take a hike or walk with my family.  It's FREE and SO much bubbles up when you spend time together, good and bad.  I find a walk on the beach clears our heads, makes us focus one another and recalibrates us for the next week or month.  I often ask my kids to come and take the dogs for a walk, I'm surprised with our conversations....it's bee a real treasuer for us!