Disposable Diaper recommendations

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Disposable Diaper recommendations

We are (finally!) approaching the home stretch and buying the last of the things we need for baby's imminent arrival.

Does anyone have positive feedback/recommendations/brands to avoid for newborn disposable diapers? We aren't going to go crazy buying 1000's of them (in case they don't fit for long), but just looking for some ideas of what brands others have used/can recommend/would advise against.

TIA

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

Re: Disposable Diaper recommendations

We liked the Pampers Swaddlers for those early days.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from beniceboston. Show beniceboston's posts

Luvs... we started out with pampers for DD and quickly realized what a rip off they were. DD went through newborn & size 1 pretty quickly -ignore the size recommendations, btw - if they leak overnight or you have a bunch of blowouts go to the next size.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from culhasa. Show culhasa's posts

Really liked Kirkland brand at Costco from birth until they started moving!  Good luck.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from amy-lynn. Show amy-lynn's posts

Grab as many of the newborn size diapers as you can from the hospital, that might be all you will need in the smallest size, unless you have a peanut. (Even DD who was a skinny minny could wear the size 1 diapers, so we never bought the newborn size). The Costco Brand ones are great, and Huggies are sold there too, if you have a coupon compare to see which ones are actually cheaper, and go with the cheapest. I never felt pampers were worth the extra money.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

It's so interesting...like everything baby, it really depends on your child. We had awful experiences with both Luvs and Huggies. Leaks, gaps, etc. But at size two we switched from Pampers to the BJs brand and never looked back. One of the best shower gifts we got was sampler of all the diapers. It allowed us to try a few different brands and see what worked for us (all size 1's). Don't sweat the newborn stuff. You really don't have to buy that many for that stage at all.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

Kiwi is right; it's individual.  We were lucky that everyone foisted off odds and ends of different brands of diapers that were too small for their babies.  Pampers were the best for us personally for the newborn days.  I like the idea of starting inexpensive and going from there if needed!

When she got a little older, like a month old, we had to start only using diapers with elastic at the back, so the Pampers Swaddlers were out.  Otherwise it was a fiasco blowout every single p00p.  But our daughter is super talented in that arena.  :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

I really like the Target brand wipes.  BJs and Costco wipes are great too.  For diapers, I have had varying luck, overall the best luck has been pampers.  For DS, when he was little, we used swaddlers in newborn and a bit in size 1.  Then we used Pampers Baby Dry in 1,2,3.  As he got more mobile, I did start to prefer pampers cruisers over baby dry and have primarily used those since he started walking.  He had blowouts with BJs brand and Huggies (all types of Huggies).  I would stick to buying pampers at Target, BJs, or Costco and try to double up on their own coupons plus the manufacturer's coupons.  I thought LUVs worked great and are pretty identical to Pampers Baby Dry, but, they are scented and honestly the smell would give me a headache.  In case this is confusing, both Pampers and Huggies have "basic" diaper lines (Baby Dry and Snug n Dry, respectively) as well as "premium" lines that have different designs for newborns/young infants vs. older infants/toddlers (Swaddlers/Cruisers and Little Snugglers/Little Movers).
    For DD, pampers have been fine, but Huggies Little snugglers have been great, too.  I have just been going on whoever has the deal.  DS had way more BMs per day than DD does, so that may be why he had the bad luck w/ other brands.  When/if you ever venture to an overnight diaper, I strongly recommend the Huggies overnight ones instead of pampers. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from beniceboston. Show beniceboston's posts

Has anyone ever had luck with Huggies? All I hear about is people having issues with them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from quadgirl1234. Show quadgirl1234's posts

DD has never had an issue with any type of diaper but to ease my wallet be use LUVS diapers and wipes.   BJs always has coupons.  Her early days we used pampers because I thought they were the best since they were pricey, yeah right.  I often think I need to try a store brand but never have done it. I am sure she would be fine with those to. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

We use the Stop & Shop diapers and love them.  It depends on the kid, though.  I have a friend who swears by Target brand and doesn't like Stop & Shop.  Her kid has chubbier thighs than mine does.  I find the Target ones bunch a little on my DD and she finds the S&S is too tight.  Try out a bunch.  My SIL swears by Costco. 

Just remember most of the generic brands are manufactured by the same companies as the brand names.  They just cost more because of licensing and advertising.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMcW. Show JMcW's posts

Tried them all in the beginning - Pampers at first (pricy), Luvs (leaks), Walmart brand (leaks) so we swore by the huggies for my DS until size 3 and switched to Target (up and Up brand) due to cost. LOVE them - even softer and no leaks. Wish we had switched sooner. b/g twins on the way and will be going with Target brand.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Melsau2006. Show Melsau2006's posts

Target brand for diapers and wipes...can't go wrong!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KANN29. Show KANN29's posts

We have always used Pampers basically because that is what they gave us in the hospital.  Have never had any problems with them.  We do use the Huggies overnight becasue Papmers didn't make overnight diapers in a size 3.  If you go with any of the brand names diapers check out Amazon.com (join the mom's club and subscribe and save).  I found the 30% that I save on Pampers brings the cost below the Costco/BJs price.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

It definitely seems to depend on the child!

I registered for Huggies, but found that I liked the Pampers Swaddlers from the hospital MUCH better and bought those once we had used up the Huggies.  The Huggies seemed to leak p00p more often.  I also liked that the Pampers had the color strip.

Once we got up to size 1, I used the Luvs I had received at my shower and liked those just fine, so that's what we've used since.

I just bought Target brand for the first time.  They don't seem to wisk away the moisture as well, but maybe that's just me.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

We've always used Pampers Swaddlers Sensitive because we got so many as shower gifts, and they have worked really well for us.  The couple of times I've tried different brands to try and save money I haven't been happy.  and frankly, I don't have time to keep researching and buying different diapers.

FYI - the Pampers Dry Max (given to us by a friend whose baby was moving up a size) made DD break out.