Does your baby have his or her name on the wall?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCKristi. Show BDCKristi's posts

This story gives several ideas for ways to display baby's name on the wall.

If so, what method did you use?

Do you like this trend?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from memes98. Show memes98's posts

Re: Does your baby have his or her name on the wall?

We have my DD's name on the wall above her bed.  They are simple, white wooden letters.  She loves looking up and spelling out her name.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Ditto Memes.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

We have DD#1's name on a street sign on her door.  My mother-in-law got it at some craft fair.  DD LOVES it.  MIL says she's looking this year to find the same booth and get one for DD#2.  Both girls have names that require customized personalization.  They'll never be the kids with easy-to-find named stuff.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ml2620-2. Show ml2620-2's posts

OK, just to stir the pot, I have to show my psychotic, neurotic self.

Most of the time, a name on the wall is beautiful and I love it, but DH and I looked at real estate for almost three years before we bought our house and it always ALWAYS creeped me out to see online pictures of children's rooms with their name on the wall. Like - here I have the house, the mapable address, with the pictures I can figure out a basic floor plan of the house and now I know the approximate age, sex and name of the child. It just freaked me out, I always mentioned it to the realtor, I'm sure they always thought I was insane.

So I just add to this - if you put your house on the market, take the name down. And actually, don't even photograph your childs bedroom.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCKristi. Show BDCKristi's posts

I remember thinking it was a bit expensive to buy the finished ones in stores and online and we were on a fixed budget. So I went to the craft store and bought the wooden letters and painted them myself to match the nurseries. They came out great and they are still hanging up even though my kids are not babies anymore and their rooms have changed. My DD also likes to look at it and spell out her name.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

ML - Great point!!  When we sold our condo, we looked at the pics our agent took and suddenly realized DD's name was prominently displayed. We got our agent to photoshop it out of the picture. Didn't even think of it until the pics were posted! But luckily caught it and changed it within 24 hours. After that, we spent a year looking for a house and were amazed at the number of people who didn't seem to mind their child(ren)'s name all over the pics.

8. This post has been removed.