Family friendly airport transportation?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Micromom. Show Micromom's posts

Family friendly airport transportation?

I need to get two adults and two children (requiring car seats) to the airport for early morning flights (6 AM).  Due to the early hour, public transportation is not an option and it's a lot to ask from friends.

I'd like to avoid paying for long term parking, can anyone recommend any options?  Thank you.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Re: Family friendly airport transportation?

North Shore Shuttle.  I suspect there are similar outfits west and south of the city.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KAM2007. Show KAM2007's posts

You could call around to livery services and see who will handle the car seats-OR you could park in the pre--flight or park and flight (forget what they call themselves now-but you can get the coupons in your value pack in the mail) lot in chelsea-they pick you up at your parking spot, hand you a ticket with your parking spot number and shuttle you to your terminal. when you land, hop on the shuttle and hand them the slip and they drop you off at your car-no lugging luggage with small ones! We did this last year and they even jumped our battery when DH forgot to turn off an interior light and it drained our battery. By the time we had everyone/thing loaded to the car they had our car running again. The cost (with online coupon) was less than $100 for a week.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

If you are bringing the car seats with you, I suspect a cab company could do it. Ask for a minivan cab.

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing
     - Darth Vadar

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Micromom. Show Micromom's posts

Thamks for the suggestions!  We're not taking our carseats, we've borrowed some on the other end to avoid dragging them through the airport.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Micromom. Show Micromom's posts

ALF72-Thanks so much for the recommendation of North Short Shuttle!  For just a few dollars more than long term parking, we got door to door service (with car seats) and avoided shuttle buses after a red eye flight with two cranky kids.  They were so professional and helpful, I'd highly recommend them.

Also, just wanted to mention a weird solution we found to the car seat problem on the road.  After pricing rental cars with car seats, or car seat rentals, I realized it was actually cheaper and easier to buy a car seat instead.  Since all car seats have to meet federal safety requirements, I selected a lower end model ($60) on Amazon and had it shipped to our destination.  It was reassuring to know that it was new and safe, and we donated it to a local organization upon our departure.  I never would have imagined this was the most cost efficient option, but it was for us, so I figured I'd mention it.

Traveling with two young kids can be crazy, but with some creative thinking (and a lot of snacks), we managed to have a good trip.