Hotel cribs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

Hotel cribs?

Hi everyone.   Quick question.   DD and I are going away for a night this weekend without DH.  Since I will have to lug everything myself and hold on to her I was thinking about using the hotel crib instead of bringing my pack and play.   Has anyone used these before?  I have always been leary of safety.   How big are they?  DD is just about too big for the pack and play.    Thanks in advance!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALS76. Show ALS76's posts

Re: Hotel cribs?

Hi wed.  Hope you have fun this weekend!  In terms of the crib - I would maybe call the hotel and ask them specifically what kind of crib they provide.  A couple of times I have used a hotel crib and it was indeed just a pack-n-play.  If that is the case and your DD is too big for the pnp - it wouldn't be of any help.  I have brought my own crib sheet in the past to use at hotels - just to make it more comfy and familiar.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I totally agree with ALS, call ahead because every hotel's idea of a crib is going to be different.  

Have fun!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Ditto - the hotel cribs I've seen have all been pack-n-plays. I can't remember how old your DD is, but another solution would be to pick up a bed rail (Target, BRU, wherever) and put that on one side of the bed and you sleep on her other side. That's worked for us in the past. It is something you'd need to lug with you, but not as difficult to carry as the pnp.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cwagner13. Show cwagner13's posts

I have yet to see a hotel with a full size crib. And we had a bad experience where once I called the the hotel on the day of arrival to ensure they have cribs, and said they had one available, to get there later that day and they claimed they did not have one available (DH made it clear they better find one, even if it means sending one of their people to another hotel to get one, so we got one).

So now, we usually try to take a PnP with us when we can... and we also pull the mattress to the floor (since we do a family bed) so that we can be assured that awake or asleep, if our kids are on the bed, they don't have as far to fall.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

We brought a packnplay and had a hotel crib delivered (MIL tried to "help" at the desk). From what I remember, the crib was bare-bones, bars, to code,etc.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wasMM379. Show wasMM379's posts

I've seen pnps and "port-a-cribs" which thypically have rails at hotels.  Some port a cribs are full size and some are small like pnps.  I agree wtih others, call and also bring your own bedding.  We had a "travel size" sleep sheep for white noise that seemed to work well for my DD. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

Thanks for all your comments!  I brought my PnP though left it in the car since that is exactly what they had.  It was brand new and looked fine. DD was excited to use a "new bed".  Too bad she didn't sleep all night!