Reposting from my Mom's Club board for anyone attending the show:

How The Grinch Stole Christmas Musical: Santa Spoiler

I just wanted to write to let anyone who may be heading out to see this show that there are two numbers that "tell the secret" of Santa.

One scene is where Cindy Lou Who's family is at the mall, song and dance about how it's not about the gifts, Cindy finds a red rocking horse. Momma Who says to ask "Santa". Cindy leaves & momma runs over and pays for the rocking horse. Next scene: The Who home. Kids are in bed. Parents and grandparents are setting out all the purchased gifts and scolding grandpa Who for being too noisy as he may wake the children.

My 8 year old daughter immediately turned to me and said, "So all the presents under the tree are really from you?" I struggled to find a response, since I knew this would probably be the last Christmas that I would see that magic in her eyes, so I asked her what she thought. She said, "yes"

While she didn't seem overly upset, I was dissappointed that we didn't make it through this Christmas and if I had known that these scenes were part of the show, I may have been better prepared with a "cover story".

So I just wanted to get the word out there that savvy children will pick up on this! It went right over my younger daughter's head though.

A cute show overall, but be prepared for questions!