What do your kids think you do at work?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCKristi. Show BDCKristi's posts

What do your kids think you do at work?

Have you ever asked your kids what they think you do at work? If so, what did they say?

Check out the funny things these kids said:

http://www.care.com/child-care-fight-dragons-and-make-money-what-do-kids-think-you-do-at-work-p1017-q15332274.html

If you ask your kids, please share their answers with us!

I just asked mine.
    My 5 year old: "Pay money for toys."
    My 2 year old: "Do they have stickers there?"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichelleandtheBoys. Show MichelleandtheBoys's posts

Re: What do your kids think you do at work?

We used to tell my son that Daddy works to make money.  Out of the blue one night at bedtime when he was 4 years old he said, "So when Daddy makes the money, does he use a machine?"  He thought he literally "made" money! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ModeratorJen. Show ModeratorJen's posts

I work from home as a writer (I also tutor occasionally). My kids think "what I do at work" is Facebook, email, and a few community boards. When I show them bylines and published pieces, they're like "yay!" but also "can I play next??" 'Cause what else do you do on the computer other than play on Club Penguin?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

I am a teacher, so I need to leave the house quite early. I am always gone before the kids are off to daycare. DS always comes over for a kiss and says, "Bye-bye. Mummy going to work." My husband works from home, so he does drop-off after I leave. Last weekend, DH had a big deadline and was going upstairs to do some work while I was playing with DS. DS wanted to go upstairs with DH, but I said, "No. You can't. Daddy is going to work." DS gets really upset and keeps repeating, "NO. Mummy works. Daddy NO works. Daddy NO works. MUMMY works." It makes sense since he rarely sees Daddy at work. But, it was still pretty funny. Now, sometimes when DS wants Daddy, he'll come over to me and say, "OK. Mummy to work now." :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Micromom. Show Micromom's posts

We joke that daddy "brings home the bacon," so our LO thinks he actually makes bacon at work.

We also attended a Halloween party at his office, so he thinks that work is like a birthday party every day.

Kids are bananas

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

When I was five, my parents had a friend who was an electrical engineer, but they shortened it to simply "engineer."  My mom asked if I knew what Bob did at work, and I said that I did.  She didn't ask any follow-ups so that was that.  But, for years I thought he drove a train and pictured him in his striped white and blue uniform every day.