Which learning apps do you recommend?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCKristi. Show BDCKristi's posts

Which learning apps do you recommend?

Check out these 24 mom-tested back-to-school apps.

The ladies from The iMums compiled this list of learning apps for preschoolers to middle schoolers especially for our Boston.com Moms readers. Have you tried any of them?

Do you have any learning apps to recommend? Which apps are your kids using?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from return-of-some-guy. Show return-of-some-guy's posts

Re: Which learning apps do you recommend?

I recommend actually sitting and reading with your child rather than setting them lose with a gadget and some 'app' so that you don't have to put the time or effort into teaching them to read.

Are today's "moms" really that incapable of puting the GD tablet away and doing something by themselves? You're not teaching your kid anything or even helping them if you're relying on some program to teach them.

Get a life, get off facebook, and do the job you signed up to do.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hi, someguy!  :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from purplecow89. Show purplecow89's posts

The job Mom has signed up to do has always involved once in a while giving the kid something to occupy them for a few minutes while Mom has her hands full. 

No, the kids aren't going to learn with an app but a few minutes of an alphabet game here and there is not exactly child abuse or abandonment.

But if you like to have your "Mommies are so selfish" conniption, be my guest.  It's entertaining.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

I let my kids play with the ipad while I cook dinner. They have apps with letters, numbers, puzzles and matching games. They love them and I don't have my twins underfoot in the hot and dangerous kitchen.

And I was given a list of great age appropriate learning apps by my kids preschool.

As for some guy - yes, I "signed up" to parent and raise my kids. My job also includes all the cooking, laundry, bill paying, and most of the cleaning (with the exception of a bi-monthly visit from my cleaning lady). We read, color, do stickers, beading, painting, build with legos and blocks and magnatiles, play outside and all sorts of other things. And sometimes I need a few minutes. I'm totally comfortable with them playing games on the ipad. As a matter of fact, I feel better about it than turning on the TV - including Sesame Street and other 'educational" shows.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from return-of-some-guy. Show return-of-some-guy's posts

That's all fine and good, but you all know that this post was geared towards those who are messing around on facebook all day, and not the ones letting their kids play with the ipad while dinner is cooking.

My point was that the mindset that we need an 'app' for everything is totally ridiculous. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cleodogpal. Show cleodogpal's posts

Alas, another opportunity for people to share useful information is hijacked by a troll who is trying to push his or her personal agenda. This article does not suggest that anyone abandon or replace actual reading with apps. And, insulting "moms" or "dads" on this post is immature and uncalled for. I am happy to see that I now have the ability to block posts from you.

So long!

To everyone else ... I am not a mom, a dad, or a teacher, but I am interested in recommended apps for high school students. Thanks.