a Message from MissLily

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

a Message from MissLily

I didn't want to hijack the March thread any further. Everyone has already been so kind. My mother died on Sunday morning. She went peacefully after spending three days in a lovely hospice. I miss her so much, and it's only now that I'm fully realizing that I'll never see her again.

The absolute worst part was trying to explain it to my children. My heart broke into a million pieces when my beautiful daughter looked at me and said, "But who will be my grandmother now?" and my son said, "I don't want her to go. I want her to stay with us." (Me too, my love, me too).

Again - thanks to you all for your words of kindness. It has been quite a bit of comfort.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Arcain. Show Arcain's posts

Re: a Message from MissLily

MissLily, I am SO sorry for your loss. I can only imagine what it is like to lose your mother, and it must make it that much harder since you have such young children. Take good care of yourself, let your family take care of you, and I hope you find comfort in your memories. We're all thinking of you in this incredibly difficult time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

MissLily, wishing you peace during this horrible time.  Very sorry for your loss.  The questions from your children made me cry - I can only imagine what they are doing to you. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

I am so sorry for your loss.  I am glad you were able to be with your mom, advocate for her, and give her peace. 

I'm sure you'll never stop wishing she were there with you or that you could pick up the phone to speak to her...not something for right now, but I have a good friend who lost her mom very young, and she started a special journal to her mother, writing to her whenever she would have normally picked up the phone or on special days or just because, and she's found it to both have helped in her grieving and in her living. 

I wish you lots of hugs and snuggles for your two little munchkins to help you keep laughing even in your sadness.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fakinbacon. Show fakinbacon's posts

MissLily, I am typically a silent member of the boards - but I really just want to reach out to you and give you my sincere condolences.  I'm so sorry for you and your family during this time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Misslily, I'm so sorry.  I've erased at least 10 dumb sounding sentiments, but know my heart and prayers are with you and your family.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

MissLily I'm so sorry for your loss. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. I lost my dad two months after my DS turned 4 (he's 12 now). Just know that the smiles that DS gave me in the days following my father where just what I needed. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Misslily, I am so sorry for your loss.  It is wonderful that your children have such love for her.  I know you've been through a lot with her and hope you can feel better that she is at rest now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALS76. Show ALS76's posts

I'm so sorry for your loss misslily.  I hope that you can find comfort and peace reflecting on what sounds like a wonderful relationship with your mother.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

My condolences to you and your family as well MissLily.  My heart is with you all.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

I'm so sorry to hear your news. I am glad that your mother was able to find peace in her last few days. I hope that you're able to find some as well. It's never easy to lose someone you love. Sending you love and prayers!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCKristi. Show BDCKristi's posts

MissLily, I am so sorry to hear about your loss.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ml2620-2. Show ml2620-2's posts

MissLily, please know I am thinking of you. I hope you will take your time with this sad loss. I too got teary reading about your children's reactions. I am sure your mother loved them very much, and I know they will feel and remember that love all their lives.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from KAM2007. Show KAM2007's posts

Misslily, I'm so sorry for your loss. You've been in my thoughts and will continue to be.

You've done the best you could for your mother, a truly amazing daughter. Having been in a similar situation of having to make those tough decisions for a parent, take time to heal and forgive yourself for all the stuff you couldn't do. (over 2 years later and I still struggle some days.)

Sending you a big hug.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trouble30. Show Trouble30's posts

Miss Lily, I'm very sorry for your loss.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMMZ1012. Show KMMZ1012's posts

I am so sorry for your loss and for your children's loss, too. My thoughts are with you.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rama8677. Show rama8677's posts

Miss Lily, I a, so sorry for your loss. My mom passedaway when I was 17. I am in my mid30's now (yikes) and still think about her and miss her every day. Please know that the pain and shock you are feeling now will eventually be replaced by a sense of peace and your memories will bring you comfort and laughter. Although my children never got a chance to meet my mom, I try to keep her memory alive by telling them stories about her and keeping a picture of her in each of their rooms.  There are some great books about dealing with a loss in the family you could maybe read for your kids, I'm sure CTDC would have some suggestions, the book I know of is The Tenth Good Thing About Barney. 

My thoughts and prayers are with you. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

I'm so sorry.  I am thinking of you.  I hope there is some teeny bit of comfort in knowing that you took such good care of her and worked hard to make things as good as they could be for her.  Lots of hugs to you and your sweet kids.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Here's a virtual hug from an old friend.   How lucky you were to have her and to be able to help her.   I took care of my mom, too, and it's the best thing I ever did in my whole life so far.  Be good to yourself as you get through whatever services you're doing; let your friends help you - it's a gift to them.  Peace.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

I am thinking about you and your family, Misslily. Wishing you strength and peace during this difficult time.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

I'm sorry for your loss MissLily.  You and you family are in my thoughts.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Oh, MissLily, I'm so sorry for the loss you, your children, and your entire family has to endure. I hope you can all find some comfort with each other, and share some happy memories about her. Thinking of you.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from amy-lynn. Show amy-lynn's posts

MissLily, I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you in this difficult time.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Miss Lily, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

So sorry to hear about this. Though it doesn't make it any easier, your mom can be at peace now. Many condolences.