accupuncture to conceive?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxbono. Show redsoxbono's posts

accupuncture to conceive?

Hi-

I'm not a mom, but since you are parents, I thought this might be a good place to get a recommendation. 

I am looking for an accupuncturist who specializes in fertility.  I live and work on the South Shore, and so far the only recommendations I have gotten are Waltham and Marblehead.  I'm willing to drive to a great one, but I also know that sitting in 128 traffic to/from an appointment might cancel out the calming aspect of accupuncture. Wink

Thanks in advance - I hope you are all staying warm!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GC1016. Show GC1016's posts

Re: accupuncture to conceive?

Sorry, the only place I know of is on the North Shore, but do you mind sharing your Marblehead recommendation?  I've been thinking about trying acupuncture to help with my asthma.  Thanks! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alto2. Show Alto2's posts

Would love it if you could share the Waltham recommendation, as well. I'm not particuarly familiar with practitioners on the South Shore, but will ask around to see if I can get any info for you.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rhm327. Show rhm327's posts

I had gone to someone (referred by the MGH fertility center) who had offices in downtown Boston and Needham, but I forgot their name. I found it to be very relaxing, but it didn't work for me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from amy-lynn. Show amy-lynn's posts

I went to an acupuncturist in Quincy to try and help turn a breech baby. I don't know if he does work for help with trying to concieve, but his name is Daniel Karp. I thought it was a good experience, even if I wound up using a more direct approach to get my DD turned.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lmmom. Show lmmom's posts

I did acupuncture while undergoing IVF and had success on the first round.  I truly believe that the acupuncture helped.  I went downtown to Acuhealing.  The treatments are quick and painless but the acupuncturist is very knowledgable and specializes in fertility.  www.acuhealing.org

Good Luck!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pgrn23. Show pgrn23's posts

I had great success with Brian Whidden  at The Acupuncture and Herbal Center in Kingston, MA. He is really amazing, such a nice way about him and very knowledgeable. He specializes in fertility. Like I said, I had great success - I am actually due....today!  I would definitely recommend calling him you will not be disappointed! Good luck!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

GC do you live in Marblehead? I grew up there and still have family there.  I grew up near Waterside Cemetery.  :-)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from flaxen. Show flaxen's posts

redacted

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GC1016. Show GC1016's posts

Alf, we just moved to Marblehead.  We're near the Village School.  Small world!  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

GC, Nice!  Are you on the water or land side of Village Street? My sister looked at one house on the water side but passed.  She has a condo near the old HS [I guess it's the middle school now].  My parents house is less than a 10 minute walk from where you are. 

If you need a dentist or eye doctor, I would be happy to give recommendations. I used them for over 20 years. :-)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CDRN. Show CDRN's posts

The location of the acupuncturist that I went to is in Cambridge, so it won't help you, but I just wanted to say that I really credit acupuncture with helping me recover from a miscarriage and getting pregnant again fairly quickly. I continued acu throughout the first trimester to help protect again miscarriage and I think it was a great decision. Best of luck to you! I know several "miracle" stories of acupuncture helping friends conceive.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbg109. Show mbg109's posts

CDRN, where in Cambridge did you go for acupuncture?