Father's Day

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trouble30. Show Trouble30's posts

Father's Day

So what are your little kiddos getting their Daddy for Father's Day? 

I am not feeling super creative so I'm hoping to use one of your ideas :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

Re: Father's Day

Well, not quite from DS...but from mummy and DS, we got daddy a gift certificate to drive a Ferrari for a an hour. :) (He's a huge Formula 1 and Ferrari fan, so I wanted to get something just plain fun as a thank you for being a great dad.)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ml2620-2. Show ml2620-2's posts

I feel like a red neck saying this, but he's getting a splitter, he's wanted one forever and on our 4 acres there is definitely a need!

I also wanted to get him a baby video monitor so he could monitor DD during her naps while he was out in the yard. Anyone had a recommendation?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I am HORRIBLE at coming up with gifts, so it's a coup if I can think of anything at all!  DH is getting The Pacific DVD set and a travel toiletry bag.  (The bag may sound weird, but it was one of our groomsmen gifts and he wished he got one for himself.)

ETA: We don't typically do "real" gifts for everything either... But he gave me Mother's Day gifts, so I want to recipricate.  (Of course that was because he didn't get his 8 1/2 months pregnant wife a bday or a Vday gift.)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

We don't typically do "real" gifts for days like this (I got flowers and a card for Mother's Day, but then got to do whatever I wanted all day long), but I think I'm getting him a little photo book of pics of him and DD, as well as (if I can find some) personalized nail clippers because I'm always losing his.  :p

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

DH got a framed picture he wanted a few weeks ago that was his real present but I've been thinking of something small for the actual day.  I decided I am going to mow the lawn for him so he an have time for himself.  Also DD and DS have matching t-shirts saying "I love Daddy" to wear.  The timing is great too because DS is having his 3 month pics and I am going to throw DD in with the matching t-shirts for a cute one *hopefully*.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trouble30. Show Trouble30's posts

Kiwi - our hubbies are very much alike in some ways... DH is also a die hard F1 fan, but he can't stand Ferrari.  He supports McLaren :)  But I'm curious on the details of that Ferrari for an hour drive.  Is it on a track?  My DH is a car nut, so he'd love any chance to put his foot down in a fast car :)

ML - I can recommend our video monitor.  DH researched it (also a techno nut).  Its Philips Advent and it has night vision and excellent picture.  Here are the details:

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-AVENT-Digital-Video-Monitor/dp/B003YC0W86

The audio is just OK though, so we also have a separate audio monitor so we can hear every breath.  No, literally!  The audio on ours is phenomenal!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

trouble--your DH is a Brit, right? I am a McLaren fan, too. (I really like Lewis Hamilton even though he's been a bit of a jerk lately. Was really happy that Jenson Button beat Vettel on Sunday--in the last lap, no less!) Anyway, this was a Groupon. Here's the link for the company: http://www.motorsportlab.com/ They have a whole bunch of different cars in the fleet. You do a training session then get a 45-minute drive around town (with some highway time) with the instructor. Figured it would be the only way to get DH into a Ferrari until we hit the lottery! ;)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

I'm hoping my son is making something in school for DH.  I guess I should get thinking on some gift ideas too.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

ML (funny that's what we call my daughter)...we have the Summer Infant handheld video monitor and I really like it. Haven't had any trouble. I think it may lose the signal if the battery is low, but that's obvoiusly easy to avoid. The picture quality is great and the sound is great too. I can  hear everything, almost too much!  But then again I could turn it down; I just don't.

father's day...DH wants to golf. So, he'll be golfing and I'll be home with DD just like any other day. Why am I annoyed by this? :-) I guess on future Father's Day he might be more into spending time with DD. 

He mentoined he wanted to have his golf swing analyzed - anyone know where they do that? I keeping meaning to call Golf Town in Reading. Maybe I'll call them now...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trouble30. Show Trouble30's posts

Kiwi: Yes, DH is a Brit.  I must admit though DH hasn't seen any races for over 2 years now since we currently don't have cable, so I'm a bit out of the loop, but I do remember hearing that Button did very well in the new Honda last year.  He's so cute too!  So is Hamilton, but I digress...  I think the motorsportlab might be a bit rich for my blood though.  And I think my speed demon would not be happy below 2500rpm.  Ha! 

I got flowers and chocolates for Mother's Day.  Whats the guy equivalent of flowers and chocolate? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sally2340. Show Sally2340's posts

I might get this for DH....$60 gets you a 4 hour Porsche rental ($150 gets you a full day)

http://www.buywithme.com/boston/gifts-for-dad/deals/7665

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Sally, I got that for DH for his birthday last year - it was fun!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hotcinnababy. Show hotcinnababy's posts

My husband always gives me a list of ideas (his birthday is next month so I ask for the list early).  He's getting a timer for the sprinklers (he loves home automation gadgets) and then he always has BBQ sauce with his meat, so I got him a BBQ sauce of the month subscription.  And the silly gift, he makes our lunches and hates how many plastic baggies we use, so I got some reusable lunch pouches for us to try out.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GC1016. Show GC1016's posts

I'm getting DH a huge cooler that he's been wanting, and filling it with the makings of a Father's Day BBQ.  DD will be getting him a gift card to a photography place he likes so he can get a new lens for his camera. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

I just decided DD is getting Daddy a mousepad w/ photos of the two of them printed on it (we really need a mousepad at this desk i'm sitting at). It won't get here in time, but it will be cute. She's just so darn thoughtful...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

We didn't do much last year for Mother's Day or Father's Day and we usually are pretty low-key about all the holidays (give each other $40 limit for gifts at Christmas, go out to eat together for our anniversary, etc.).  Then DH saw a groupon for a 1 hour facial followed by a 1 hour full-body massage so he got me that for Mother's Day on top of the new insulated coffee travel mug he'd planned to give me.  So I have been trying to figure out a way to splurge and even things out, though I know he doesn't really care.  I got a bunch of fun t-shirts from busted tees.  A quirky t-shirt is pretty much my version of giving my husband a tie (I always used to get ties for my dad for Father's Day because he wore a suit every day and would actually use the ties).  I know he'll wear the tshirts and he wouldn't buy them for himself.  I am contemplating supplementing the tshirts with a fancy bottle of single-malt scotch, though I know it will take until past next Father's Day for him to use it all.  He'll appreciate it.  It's hard to go the practical route with a gift because he's not materialistic at all and when he needs something he just finds a good deal and gets it for himself.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

Silver - My DH wants the same but he's golfing saturday instead.. he also wants a new hybrid club (his anniversary gift this year was a new taylormade driver), so we're getting him a gift cert to golf galaxy in burlington.. he loves that place.  I think they analyze swings there.. he tried out so many clubs there over time and loves that store.  so on sunday we're doing church, breakfast, and the gift certificate (and probably after a trip to golf galaxy)!  :-) speaking of which, i think thursday night they are having an event there that if you buy anything you get a free thing of balls/tees.. always nice to throw in with the gift cert.  If you do go there for anything. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from winter09wedding. Show winter09wedding's posts

I made DH a photo album on snapfish of his "first year" as a father, with a photo a month (or more if I had them) of just photos of him and DS. DS was born in July, so I used a 9 month pregnancy photo to start the book with. I am a little worried it is kinda cheesy and not a "useful" gift, but he says that people always ask to see photos and I figured it would be something to keep. However, I was also hoping to do something fun... just not sure what.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from capecod1818. Show capecod1818's posts

DH is getting a night out in Boston - complete with a hotel room and dinner. Kind of a gift for me as well.  My parents are watching DS so this is just the kind of present he would want.  Actually he found out the plan when he was on my ipad and saw my hotel searches.  Ugh.  I really wanted to surprise him too.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LiveLoveLearnEnjoy. Show LiveLoveLearnEnjoy's posts

DH wanted a new golf club about a month ago so we got that as his "father's day" gift and we are going to German Car Day at the Lars Anderson Auto Museum on Father's Day.  DH is a big car fan (loved the car ideas for a future gift...I didn't know you could do that) and every year he has wanted to go but our daughter's gymnastics recital was always on father's day...well this year it is on Sat. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cwagner13. Show cwagner13's posts

For those of you with DH who are F1 fans... unless they change the date in the fall, the F1 race in Texas is going to be on Father's Day next year... if you want to start planning already for 2012 :)

(although I heard it is hard to get hotels already in the area - but we are skipping town with the little one that weekend to avoid the chaos - and the date is not final yet, but that is what was released this month).

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

In Response to Re: Father's Day:
    [QUOTE]For those of you with DH who are F1 fans... unless they change the date in the fall, the F1 race in Texas is going to be on Father's Day next year... if you want to start planning already for 2012 :) (although I heard it is hard to get hotels already in the area - but we are skipping town with the little one that weekend to avoid the chaos - and the date is not final yet, but that is what was released this month).
    Posted by cwagner13[/QUOTE]

cwagner, you might or might not believe it, but the first road trip DH and I took was to a F1 race in Indianapolis. (There was no way he couldn't propose after that!!) DH did say he was interested in the TX race, but probably not next year. Maybe when our boys are a little bigger and can appreciate the race. (Of course, the other consideration is that the Montreal race is much closer/more convenient. But, it would be exciting to see the new US track.)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trouble30. Show Trouble30's posts

CWagner, thanks for letting us know!  I just might try to snag a few tickets to that one.  But do they make ear plugs for babies?  :)

A few years ago my birthday surprise for DH was a trip to see the Montreal race, which happened to fall on his birthday weekend.  It was soooo much fun.  I'm sure he'd be so tickled to go to a race for Father's Day!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

DH is into racing as well.. but moreso Nascar.  We typically go to at least one race every year, but not so sure about this year.  We went to F1 Boston this year for his birthday.  Maybe next year I'll look into one of these great ideas y'all have mentioned!