how do you get to the airport with baby?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jfrench06. Show jfrench06's posts

how do you get to the airport with baby?

Does anyone have any thoughts about how to get to the airport with baby, stroller, carseat, and two suitcases? Normally, I just take the T... We really don't want to park. Is the best way to take a cab?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from axs54. Show axs54's posts

Re: how do you get to the airport with baby?

The cab will not work because they typically will not have a car seat. I typically park and the cheaper lot and take the shuttle to the airport.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonbabe72. Show bostonbabe72's posts

[QUOTE]Does anyone have any thoughts about how to get to the airport with baby, stroller, carseat, and two suitcases? Normally, I just take the T... We really don't want to park. Is the best way to take a cab?
    Posted by jfrench06[/QUOTE]

I was in this same dilemma recently. Hubby and I called a taxi company that had minivans. Specifically request a minivan and explain you have a small child / infant. They will gladly accomodate your needs! Also, you may be able to set it up for your return trip as well. Hope this helps!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TarheelChief. Show TarheelChief's posts

There are two ways to travel.
    First class and with children.
    Babies should be carried in car seats,and it might be helpful if they were pumped full of benadril like their parents who will also suffer a great deal without medications.
    Horses,dogs, cats,and cattle are treated better than people on airplanes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Notanewbie. Show Notanewbie's posts

[QUOTE]Does anyone have any thoughts about how to get to the airport with baby, stroller, carseat, and two suitcases? Normally, I just take the T... We really don't want to park. Is the best way to take a cab?
    Posted by jfrench06[/QUOTE]

You should be able to get a cab without much problem.  You mention bringing your car seat (which you'll probably need on the other end, unless you're renting a car seat with your car rental).  I traveled to FL recently and we did choose to park at the airport, but I could see it working with a cab too.  Suitcases and stroller go in the trunk.  Car seat with baby and one passenger in the backseat.  One passenger in the front seat.  I would let the cab company know in advance so they can send a large enough car or minivan style cab.

A few other tips:
    1) If you have an infant that is still in the carseat/stroller travel system combo, you might want to invest in the smaller Snap n Go "stroller.  I got one off Craig's list for half the retail price.  I've heard of airline damage on the large strollers and didnt want to risk my $200 stroller to the airline.
    2) If you plan on checking the car seat at the gate (assuming you are flying "infant in arms").  Invest in a travel bag for the car seat.  I got one for $15 at Babies R Us.  The cargo hold is pretty dirty and the travel bag protects it from dirt and damage.  (When you gate check bulky items like car seats and strollers, they still go under the plane...they are just off and on loaded seperate from regular baggage.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BundyB. Show BundyB's posts

most shuttle services will bring you, and if you do not need your carseat during your trip, they will hold it, and have it ready for you on the return trip.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeeba14. Show zeeba14's posts

We use Planet Tran which are hybrid taixs and they have car seats you can rent.  So easy but a bit expensive in total.